It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Vancouver Footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This is interesting to see.
The object hovers and seems to roll from side to side. You can see it pitching about quite clearly, even though the camera is not perfectly still.

You get to see the object slowly drift down towards the tree tops upon which the cameraman says "it's landed"..

He lost sight of it... but watch carefully in the lower left corner where the trees are and you can see the object moving down the mountain side. It is appears grey against the background of the trees. And before anyone shouts out about the lack of ability to judge size/distance etc.. wait until the guy zooms out for point of reference...

Did the object actually land a bit further down that mountain?
Anyone in the area who wants to investigate?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4 Jun 09 by Gools]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i live in that area just wondering what day was this ? i look to the skies all the time but dont see anything
i wish i could see one i doubt i would even film it but just stare at it till it went away

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I get so frustrated that they didn't focus correctly! It makes my eyes water and want to kick the monitor. However, the movement of the object is very interesting. Erratic and strange which I have seen before.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well I know a ton of pepole there....cool

link   
I found it to be an odd wobbly object and it's movement was very balloon like rather then mechanical.

I am suspicious of this as being a big weather balloon for that reason, no fast movements, no sudden zoom at 90 degrees...

Hate to have to think it's a balloon but if the shoe fits, wear it.

link   
Oop Oop, My hometown! Never seen a UFO there before! Great Find.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I think I am moure excited to see other north van people on here! lol.....nice to meet y'all..... I have seen ufo's so it is great others are now too.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Plenty of you in the area then.. Let's try to get rid of this balloon theory.
Is there anything in that area that would possibly use a balloon?
Does anyone know of a balloon that can be controlled in the manner we see in the video.

That would be one big balloon to be seen and filmed from that distance.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
well there is a bird that flys by around 24 seconds and a really fast plane at 50 seconds so its bigger then a bird and smaller then that plane although i do see it come in front of the trees when he thinks he lost it. then its just gone. i hope it isnt a balloon lol never seen a balloon like that

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Maybe a paraglider coming down from Grouse Mountain?

the air traffic in Vancouver is huge - never a minute can go by without a seaplane or helicopter taking off or a set of gliders sailing across teh sky (granted usually closer to the mountains).

Also - he let's his UFO go out of shot when it is 'landing' - it's still there on the left side of the screen.

I'm going with paraglider for now - because I've seen tons of them in Vancouver (usually in sunnier days though).

Plus big high five to the girl in the black bikini on Third Breach in the opening frame!

-m0r

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I think the paraglider theory is possible, but I have one question. Lets say someone takes off from the ski hill on Grouse (a good take off point). Where do they land? I used to live on the North Shore and the terrain is covered by trees and houses. Very little flat terrain. Do they land on residential streets or are they able to maneuver to a schoolyard or empty parking lot - maybe even a gravel river bed such as Seymour River. The towers in the video are on Mount Seymour and there is a highway that winds its way up the mountain by these towers to the ski area at the top.

Another thought I had was a large remote controlled helium balloon. They had a demo balloon like this at the Canada pavillion at EXPO 86 in Vancouver. This was just a demo, but the idea at the time was a larger version could be used for heli-logging.

The motion of the UFO does resemble a para glider or maybe a hang glider. You would think you would see the man hanging but the images are all quite blurry.

new topics

top topics

join