It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers in Iraq on drugs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   
How much does this affect their analytical ability? Surely they would be more rash and less cautious under the influence?

mathaba.net...[40]=i-42-f8b3b2362a26cf1d3ff7af321fe2897d

Mafkarat al-Islams correspondent in al-Fallujah reports that for more than 10 days the Resistance fighters in the besieged city have been remarking about a phenomenon that they find strange and surprising. Resistance fighters have frequently noticed that many of the American aggressor troops are laughing as they storm into districts in al-Fallujah. The Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent personally witnessed this clearly when he was close to the events as US aggressors tried to storm an-Nizal neighborhood in the besieged city on Saturday.

The correspondent wrote that he saw two American soldiers laughing, such as to arouse pity for them, despite all the Resistance gunfire being poured at their position and their comrades dying around them. Both of the Americans were later killed in the battle. The Mafkarat al-Islam correspondent writes that the Resistance learned later from interrogations of captured American Marines that the US military medical service distributes a type of halucinogenic pill to the troops that prompts laughter and reduces the sense of fear in combat conditions.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"Resistance fighters have frequently noticed that many of the American aggressor troops are laughing as they storm into districts in al-Fallujah."

hmm... i watched this program a few weeks about about railway police. someone had commited suicide and he pretty much 'fragged'. these people were cracking jokes and laughing all the time that they were picking up bits of his body. they said they develop a very dark humour so they can get through it without loosin it.
could be similar...

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm afraid to say, that wherever you find soldiers, you're bound to find drugs. And the use of those drugs as well...

DC

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If I was stuck in a war I would sure as hell be using a fare amount of drugs. .

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah I would be using Steroids as well. I was watching a show about this. They use the soldiers for expiremental tests.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
there was a fair amount of drugs being used during the Viet Nam War...they were easy to buy from the "friendly" locals and it numbed the GI's so they could deal with what they had to do...

Self medication was the flavor of the day...why should it be any different in Iraq...

~peace

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i smell BS in this report ,where are they getting the drugs from ?
you are not going to find hallucinagens in the area , mainly hashish and opiates.
as for the forces drugging up the soldiers,IF and that is a very big IF ,they were they'd surely use anphetamines and not hallucinagens.
sounds like an arab propaganda report of stoned g i 's lifted from a hollywood script .
note how they refer to the" resistance" ,fire power being poured on thier positions and the fact that at the end of the report all the americans get killed .
i was told recently by an ex navy man of the drug testing the american forces conduct and how an unfortunate friend of his was thrown in the brig when he tested positive until they discovered the source of the result being the anasthetic used during a visit to the dentist

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
They probably have drugs. I would not doubt it because the US troops in Iraq are not allowed to have any alcohol. The one-year tour is a totally dry one.

At least let the guys have a beer at the end of the day.....

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When certain people are in life threatening situations like an Iraqi firefight where they are watching their friends around them getting shot up, they block out the reality of the mess they're in so it doesn't affect their own ability to survive. In other words they limit their sensory input so they dont break down and go temporarily insane which would put their own life at risk. They laugh to keep from going crazy. Do you remember the old TV show M.A.S.H. where Hawkeye and the gang were always clowning around. It's the same thing now just a different war.

Laughing when picking up body parts sounds sick when you're sitting behind a computer with no one shooting at you. They're having to be on the lookout for snipers 24/7 in 120 degree or more heat with sand blowing in their face thousands of miles away from home never having a moments real rest. That stress all the time on top of a firefight? I would be laughing too.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Laughing, with a tear in the eyes.

And when the soldier can no longer laugh..........

new topics

top topics

join