It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary new epidemic in China

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sliadon

Originally posted by wycky

It isn't on the map, but if you are on the main page with the alert map you can scroll down a little bit below the map and it has a list of 'Current Emergencies.'

Here ya go:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

LOL thank you.
Has that always been there?
I have never noticed it before
[slaps self across the face]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

[edit on 6-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

The Chinese make on average a little over $2000 a year! Wow, could you imagine how one has learned to accomodize with this? Maybe we should import some Chinese economists on how to thrift? The Chinese don't waste a thing though have a serious pollution problem that is doing it's job with population reduction. I can't imagine how anyone would want to work in one of their main cities. The air pollution alone is toxic. Fresh water, getting rarer by the day. Now with the economy taking a hit, all those folks from farm country who are now laid off and looking for sustenance, lounge around on the streets like one who struck out on the Vegas Strip.

The world is in serious need of some proper management. It seems greed and lust for power has created the kind of world they deserved. Neither the rich nor poor have satisfaction in the End.
People, people, people. Change is a comin. What took so long for the folks to figure out the lies their lives have become?
I prefer the Agrarian village idea myself.
More wholesome. Haven't heard the word in a while, thought I'd use it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Lets try to scrutinize at this
hisz.rsoe.hu...

I always believe a true information website must be detailed as possible. But RSOE EDIS page on this new China virus is doubtful.

What kind of a credible summary left blank on the "State" or "City"?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
well its like i always say, if you do a lot of socializing, especially say, at customs entryways for example, i would take all precautions possible, like um, wear gloves, um, do what you can. but for most of us, we are compartmentalized by our jobs and whatever location we are at, its not liek i am shaking hands with a million chinese people every day

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has posted this yet, and I don't have time to look back to check right now, but I thought this was interesting:

The World Health Organisation (WHO) has warned the world to expect a new killer disease to emerge in the next few years which will threaten the lives of millions. The WHO says the new disease will have the impact of HIV/AIDS or Ebola and potentially deadly new diseases are being identified at an "unprecedented rate" with at least one new disease identified every year since the 1970s.

full article

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well nothing posted on WHO so far

www.who.int...

Latest is avian flu from 2nd Feb 09.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Worth investing in a good Ionic Foot Bath, MMS and a few other things that detox and strengthen the immune system. The body is self healing if not overwhelmed. All the "Junk Food" people eat and drinking, use of metal soft drink cans and plastics, the microwaves, air pollutions, contaminated food and water etc. are increasing the amount of toxins including heavy metals that do not get processed out of the body. Many people have weaken immune systems and toxic livers that no longer process out poisons. When the time is ripe, an introduction of this kind of disease would devastate the USA because the people have been primed for it. Of course, if they wait long enough, a few generations and we will be able to resist just about anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Elf,

Well. I know a lot of news has slipped past me in the last several years but I had No Idea there was such a debate. You have done a lot of research in the area, obviously! But I have to say I still don't think I believe all this and will need to read further.....for myself.

I appreciate your kind interest and all of the hard work with your reply!...

Keep up the good work here!
Thank so much,
FMF

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
probably has nothing to do with the pandemia in China but you decide:]

dprogram.net...

"Estrogen Linked To Lowered Immunity In Fish"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is certainly something to watch. It's like the poster said above, the Chinese are really tight lipped on anything they percieve may cast them in a bad light. It may be something and it may be nothing.

I'm more concerned about this wave of swine flu. I've been telling people (actually anyone who'd listen) that as soon as people took to the streets there would be a lethal version of the avian flu (or something akin) suddenly appear. It looks to me like part of the run up to the release of the killer virus there are strains being released that will prep the populations immunity in such a way as to ensure maximum lethality.

If this news from China develops into "something" and is another prep virus (it certainly fills the bill attacking the immune system) then we should be able to figure something out by how fast it spreads and to where. Although I personally would expect a release in the Americas or Europe. We're the world travelers and therefore the best group to target as carriers.

People can call me nuts but my wife and I have moved to the country and avoid the towns and cities like a plague. A rapid outbreak of a lethal strain of influenza would certainly cover a lot of bases if you wanted:
1) an emergency to declare martial law
2) wanted to cull the herd of any possible resistance to totalitarian rule
3) wanted to rid the planet of usless eaters without damaging infrastructure like a nuclear war would do.

Wow, after some thought I don't like the looks of this at all.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Like many Red flags to a bull, is this not in fact a red Herring?

Where are the facts ?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CmdrZero
This is certainly something to watch. It's like the poster said above, the Chinese are really tight lipped on anything they percieve may cast them in a bad light. It may be something and it may be nothing.

I'm more concerned about this wave of swine flu. I've been telling people (actually anyone who'd listen) that as soon as people took to the streets there would be a lethal version of the avian flu (or something akin) suddenly appear. It looks to me like part of the run up to the release of the killer virus there are strains being released that will prep the populations immunity in such a way as to ensure maximum lethality.

[...]

A rapid outbreak of a lethal strain of influenza would certainly cover a lot of bases if you wanted:
1) an emergency to declare martial law
2) wanted to cull the herd of any possible resistance to totalitarian rule
3) wanted to rid the planet of usless eaters without damaging infrastructure like a nuclear war would do.

Without getting into conspiracy theories og governments trying to kill off people, it has to be admitted there is some discretion as to how actively they go after a potentially widespread pandemic. China was quick to deal with that tainted milk scandal as it threatened exports and the image of the country.

If there was something cutting a swath through the poor western province that are seen as a drain on the country would they be so quick to act and so thorough. From an anecdote I've been told by a one time doctor in China the answer is no.

And when things become out of control in Western countries, if they do, what are the priorities.

Somewhere there's a nascent science of Disease Management.

Mike

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I would not be surprised if someone hacked into their system. The site is not as well known as say, CNN, but enough people read it to make it a viable target.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
I would not be surprised if someone hacked into their system. The site is not as well known as say, CNN, but enough people read it to make it a viable target.

Hadn't thought about that. If the Chinese can hack US intelligence they can get into a non-security website like nothing.

Still wonder why there are virtually no Chinese citizens on discussion forums. Maybe they just rad and don't want to contribute.

Mike

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The story to which you are referring, I believe, is the Reston, Va. facility that released a primate strain of HIV- a sort of hybrid SIV and HIV-2. I lived in Reston then and there was ZERO on the news about it. We all had to read about it in Preston's book.

We play with fire every day in labs- I sat and watched a college lab mate nearly dump ampicillin-resistant staph aureus culture (about 3L) into the public DRAIN. I grabbed his hand, dumped a crapload of bleach into it, and reported him. I think he teaches P.E. now at a middle school in Iowa.

Even scientists (or those who aspire to be) have no idea the power of what they handle. It's the reason I left after 15 + years and now I research from the safety of my home (and I'm writing a book on the Black Death, ironically). The arrogance of humans re: the microbial world is truly terrifying- and hasn't changed too much since the 14th Century- except we have cooler lab toys....

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CmdrZero

LOL- we moved into the country as well. For the same reasons. I'm hoping and praying that when it hits the fan, thePTB will be too busy taking care of Chicagoans to notice us out in the sticks......with generators, water, food, arms, (as well as lovely woods, coyotes, herons, rabbits, quiet, the like).

City life killed the Victorians with TB, it's desroying the fabric of Africa with AIDS and Malaria and everything else the poor people there don't deserve; the Chinese in Beijing who can't breathe through the coal smoke, etc. My heart beats and breaks for those who DON'T have the ability to flee.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
found this on Youtube

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
NB:
I'm NOT refuting this as a real health crisis. However, HIV cannot live in saliva or sweat. Saliva contains amylase- an enzyme that destroys the virus, and sweat contains putrescene and cadaverine ( I know, kind of gross, but true, ) as well as bacteria, sebum and uric acid- all of which ALSO kill HIV.

In my opinion- and I'm not there, so I can't know-- this is influenza. Flu decimates white blood cells so rapidly that one can have a normal count at breakfast and have fewer than one who is about to die of HIV/AIDS by evening. A strains of flu are especially trophic for WBCs, as well. As I said in a prior post- in 1918, microscopy from throat, mouth ad lung samples of living and deceased flu victims showed an absolute absence of WBCs- proving that the influenza had destroyed them.

I am inclined to believe that this is a flu outbreak in China. If it is H1N1, it has mutated to become more lethal and more contagious (remember- flu is aeresolized transmission- HIV is body fluids, but not sweat or saliva---and flu can live in the air from 3-15 days!). I believe close quarters, not saliva, has spread this outbreak, and because H1N1 has mutated, is manifesting lyphmatically, rather than respiratorily, as is common to the West.

The fact that NO ONE has been swabbed for H1N1 is the biggest "tell" to me- like SARS, rhinoviruses, TB, certain Herpes strains- close proximity is the way of ingress-- and until the Chinese health authorities rule out H1N1 I'm not going to worry (except for the people who are ill, obviously).

[edit on 9-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
NB:
I'm NOT refuting this as a real health crisis. However, HIV cannot live in saliva or sweat. Saliva contains amylase- an enzyme that destroys the virus, and sweat contains putrescene and cadaverine ( I know, kind of gross, but true, ) as well as bacteria, sebum and uric acid- all of which ALSO kill HIV.

It's not saying its HIV, the video said "there are NO signs of the HIV Virus"

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join