It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary new epidemic in China

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
So... point him out... he's been pointed... hit the alert button... move on.

Any other confirmation on this new bug?

AIDS from salival/respiratory? No... not serious at all.

Hopefully this is quarantined. Or, but definitely not more importantly, hopefully this is how we become immune.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Very interesting supposition by the Chinese that this is an HIV- type infection.

I have two questions:
1) IS this a new outbreak that, with decimation of WBCs, mirrors an immune-destroyer like HIV?; or

2) Is this an influenza outbreak that in a certain population, manifests LIKE HIV, by destroying the WBCs, and is being reported by the (famously gun-shy) Chinese re: epidemic reporting?

In 1918, H1N1 utterly decimated circulating WBCs that released interferon- a cytokine used by the body to fend of viral infections and cancer-and micrography of tracheal, pharyngeal and bronchial epithelia showed the presence of masses of WBCs initially, followed by a barren wasteland of destroyed epithelial cells and almost NO WBCs in the areas studied either while the patient was alive, or post-mortem.

My guess (and it is only my supposition here) is that the flu outbreak has hit China HARd; they don't want to report the cases to the world, as it would seem like some sort of failure on their part to contain it, and instead, are reporting it as a novel disease.

Yes, there has been discussion of an H1N1 or H5N1/HIV reassortment, but the viruses are not even closely related- one is a retrovirus, with entirely different nucleic acid mechanisms, etc; one is an RNA virus with a different capsid of its own.

When looked at objectively (or as objectively as possible) it seems probable (Occam's Razor here) that these infections are influenza- and we know from history that H1N1 and other A strains that are de novo, can and do kill within as little as 12 hours of infection.

Applying the scientific methodology, I will try to prove my hypothesis wrong.

And let's not make this personal- as the above poster said, we're in this together- to share information, dissect and discuss it, and try to draw conclusions based on evidence, not by trying to fit the data to what we hope or expect them to be. So in that spirit, as I said, I will try to prove my own theory wrong, and look forward to more information as it unfolds.

Thanks, OP for the link.

Peace, everyone.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by CultureD]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   
New Infectious Disease in China (video inside)

"We hope that media reports can pressure the relevant departments to pay more attention to the disease. Do not make any irresponsible conclusions and say it is caused by fear or psychological effect – it is a real virus. Many doctors, including doctors from Beijing also say this is an infectious disease." Doctors from mainland China also believe patients might catch the disease. However, the exact number of people infected remains unknown and what the mortality rate is, and how many have died from it.

From wiki New Tang Dynasty TV

New Tang Dynasty Television (NTDTV) is a Chinese language television broadcaster based in New York City. Since its launch in 2001, NTDTV has extended its 24/7 programming to cover North America, Asia, Europe and Australia with a wide range of cultural, leisure, political, and news programs in Mandarin Chinese and select programs in Cantonese and English. One of the station's missions, according to the official website, is to foster mutual understanding between Chinese and Western societies and promote multiculturalism, peace and compassion. NTDTV also puts on an annual Chinese New Year Spectacular, which celebrates Chinese culture and includes content on Falun Gong.

Never heard of it, credibility unknown.

edit: fix link

[edit on Thu, 4 Jun 09 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
before we go all willy nilly on this, do we know the credibility of this site? Theres a lot of b.s. floating around out there, just want to make sure if this is actually a valid case, or if its something thats just kind of drifted in and taken as a tru account.....good post! S and F

As I posted above. its lagit

hisz.rsoe.hu... worldmap of events

hisz.rsoe.hu... Main page

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Any chance of it being drug resistant TB, or would it be easily detected?

ATS Thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Article:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Shanners-

Possibly TB, although even in it's most virulent form, it usually takes longer to kill. It could be TB if all of those who have or are dying have been ill for weeks. Influneza and/or subsequent pneumonia fit better, unless there's a faster strain of TB with which I'm unfamiliar.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This seems to be a new alert. Issued yesterday the 3rd. There are no updates at this time. It is about 7pm in china. So probable no update for about 12 hrs. I will keep checking and let you know.

Yes there is a lot of the drug resistant TB going around. Many think this coupled with the flu is what killed so many in the pandemic of 1912. The TB at that time was not drug resistant.

What ever this new thing is if it lowers your immune and white blood cell count when mixed with the flu could be deadly.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CultureD
Shanners-

Possibly TB, although even in it's most virulent form, it usually takes longer to kill. It could be TB if all of those who have or are dying have been ill for weeks. Influneza and/or subsequent pneumonia fit better, unless there's a faster strain of TB with which I'm unfamiliar.

Evidence suggest that it was not just the flu of 1912 that killed so many. It was the combination of the flu plus TB. People were know to die in less than 2 to 4 days. This is why the present swine flu killed more in Mexico perhaps because they have a higher incidence of TB.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Can some one note for me what TB stands for?

I did some searching on illness's in China, the country appears to have a huge reputation for food born illness and diseases.

Here is an idea...

Possibly it is a new chemical agent being used in a food. Would explain the severity of the disease and why they say that it spreads through family members (because they eat the same meals).

Just a thought

With China's huge population, is it possible the government wishes to thin the population a little? Jw

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Scarcer]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Not sure but a google search about swine flu often leads to information about TB. As one poster mentioned above it could be an outbreak of swine flu in China rather than a new disease.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Tuberculosis (abbreviated as TB for tubercle bacillus or Tuberculosis) is a common and often deadly infectious disease caused by mycobacteria, in humans mainly Mycobacterium tuberculosis [1]. Tuberculosis usually attacks the lungs (as pulmonary TB) but can also affect the central nervous system, the lymphatic system, the circulatory system, the genitourinary system, the gastrointestinal system, bones, joints, and even the skin. Other mycobacteria such as Mycobacterium bovis, Mycobacterium africanum, Mycobacterium canetti, and Mycobacterium microti also cause tuberculosis, but these species are less common in humans.

en.wikipedia.org...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Jun 4 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Ahh ok, thankyou

Line 2

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

I certainly hope this epidemic kills off about 90% of the Chinese and surrounding countries populations.
Save the 'PLANET', not the humans.
Humans aren't important. The sooner the epidemic gets us ALL, the better.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
New Infectious Disease in China (video inside)

Sister network of the Epoch times:

ads.epochtimes.eu...

In recent years, they've brought you such stories (and ATS threads) as:

- Organ harvesting of Falun Gong members
- China's giant earthquake the result of a massive underground nuclear test (with a cover-up of deathes from fallout and radiation exposure)
- Chinese spacewalk a hoax

and many more bits of disinfo designed to discredit the Chinese government.

I'll wait for the WHO to pick up the story.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Does anyone think this is possibly a mutated or designed form of HIV that can be more easily passed? Also have they identified the virus in blood samples? If so I would be interested to see a picture, maybe it looks similar and could throw the conspiracy a bit further.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
So it seems that the scientists have developed a new HIV virus that is easier to spread. Maybe they thought the original virus hasn't been spreading fast enough!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BielskiBrother1
You too, don't you understand that divided we fall. It's us against our governments. The Chinese people are pawns in this as well as the Koreans and the Iranians. It's our greed hungry leaders and the bankers who wants us to kill each other. You think you are awake but you are still sleeping. I bet you still watch reality shows, American Idol, etc. These are all designed to dumb you down and it's worked. Stop, think, look for leadership that believes in the Golden Rule and then act against the appropriate aggressor.

Thank you.. i was thinking the same thing when i read the post above about taking the Chinese out from the inside... we are all people that share the same planet.. thinking we are higher than other people separates us whether you want to believe it or not.. we are stronger together..

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I don't think this looks like a hoax coming straight from the hisz roe site. It certainly looks to be something that needs some investigating if you ask me....good find!...

If anyone knows how to find out more please let us know!
Thanks,
FMF

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
This is scary.

A new infectious disease is spreading in large areas of Mainland China. Symptoms are similar to AIDS but it spreads faster between family members, even via bodily fluids like saliva. Mr. Lin from Yunnan Province caught a disease last May, unlike anything he had seen before. "This disease destroys immunity cells just like AIDS. The lowest amount of immunity cells of some patients is only 200, mine is 400. The doctor couldn't find many antibodies, so he called it 'Fear of AIDS' disease." Preliminary research shows that patients have symptoms of fatigue, chronic diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes, and weakened immunity. But doctors cannot find any sign of the HIV virus. "A huge number of people caught the nameless virus but the doctors cannot make a thorough check. So they make a conclusion that it's a 'Fear of AIDS' disease. The symptoms are very much like those of AIDS."

hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng

Add to this. The huge amount of travel increase of westerners to China as of late.
I think is worth watching.

Ahh the NWO strike again with another man made virus...........Somebody knows where this came from and isn't telling anyone......just like HIV and AIDS .....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join