It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celente predicts super depression 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Celente predicts super depression 2012

www.examiner.com

Trend forecaster Gerald Celente has been getting a lot of attention lately.

Celente predicts tax revolts, food riots and a level of criminal activity like we've never seen.

As Mr. Celente correctly points out, during the Great Depression of the '30's we didn't have the level of debt we're dealing with today. Also, we had the strongest manufacturing base in the world. Today, we do not have that capacity, we've regulated away our ability to create it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

www.examiner.com

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Celente's track record is very impressive.

His apparent indifference to political ideology makes his trend research and forecasts worth careful consideration.

He has a good track record, predicting the crash of '87, the rise of Starbucks, the bail out frenzy, among others. Now he's forecasting a super-depression come 2012.

Are we ready?

jw

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

He has been accurate quite a bit, and he has also been wrong several times as well.

I wouldn't go betting the farm on this.

But what if it did happen...

All bets would be off an anything you deem a priority today would quickly disappear and be replaced with new ones...

New Heaven and New Earth anyone?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
THis depression has just started.

So far it's tracking very closely to the historical depression from 1929 - 1933. I believe that we are currently at the 1930 level of the great depression.

Prepare to become more depressed. By 2012 people should be completely and utterly hopeless.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I suppose, if you put your faith in the objective world you would be hopeless...

However for those of us who live completely within the self created worlds of our subjective experience, there is nothing but glory...

:-)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

However for those of us who live completely within the self created worlds of our subjective experience, there is nothing but glory...

:-)

Ya I get that.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I've never really followed him before, but reviewing his Trend Research site leads me to believe that he may not be great on specifics, but does pretty well on generalities.

So far, I've discounted opinions that we are already in a depression. I don't think we are. Depending on how this Congress responds to its constituents as well as outside forces, I can see things going south pretty easily from here.

Like you, I think each person must make their own reality and will be responsible for what impact external influences have on their lives.

We should see how everyone else responds over the next few months to get an idea of what will unfold in 2010 and beyond.

jw

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Yeah I agree... it is definitely an interesting precipice that we find our collective selves on.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Looks like he could be right, I remember reading some things in the webbot predictions that had this same bad out look on our future. We need some people to send the government emails about these webbot/trend predictions so we can prevent it from happening in the first place.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

So far it's tracking very closely to the historical depression from 1929 - 1933. I believe that we are currently at the 1930 level of the great depression.

Prepare to become more depressed. By 2012 people should be completely and utterly hopeless.

UHHHHH ohhhhhhhhh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9ed9eaf2fa59.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd663aec28b0.gif[/atsimg]

... buy up all the cheap durable goods you may need for the next ten years, your window of opportunity is closing fast. You will not see cars and other durable goods this cheap, as measured in the purchasing power of your savings and income, for a very long time. Need some work done on your house? Better hurry.

www.itulip.com...

[edit on 20-8-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

UHHHHH ohhhhhhhhh

... buy up all the cheap durable goods you may need for the next ten years, your window of opportunity is closing fast. You will not see cars and other durable goods this cheap, as measured in the purchasing power of your savings and income, for a very long time. Need some work done on your house? Better hurry.

www.itulip.com...

Those charts are so misleading, the Fed had no idea how devastating deflation was in the 20s-30s and didn't expand the money supply...the Fed shrank the money supply by 1/3rd in the Great Depression, they had no clue the effects that would have.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-8-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Aug, 22 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

UHHHHH ohhhhhhhhh

www.itulip.com...

Those charts are so misleading, the Fed had no idea how devastating deflation was in the 20s-30s and didn't expand the money supply...the Fed shrank the money supply by 1/3rd in the Great Depression, they had no clue the effects that would have.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 22-8-2009 by yellowcard]

We're about to see the Great Inflation, instead of the Great Depression II.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I happen to see parallels now with the Florida r.e. speculation of the mid-twenties and subsequent bank failures and land price crash.

They were precursors to the greater speculation on Wall Street following a significant correction in '06, followed by a sharp rise and the fall (September) of 1929.

Are we setting ourselves up?

Commercial r.e. foreclosures reported today were WAY up over a year ago. Is the facade beginning to crack?

jw

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
This same dude was spoken about on these very boards MONTHS ago predicting that, by now, the US would be in a third-world ruin state by now...
In fact, I think that October was precisely the month he stated it to be no later than.

Yeah, while he was working as a "trend forcaster" he may have been accurate. But now, he wors for FOX and they have been trumpeting these same figures for the past half year or more... and everything he has stated in that time has not come to pass.

Don't ask me to research the particular threads for you. A simple ATS search on Geralde Celente should turn up precisely what I am getting at.

I gave up on this dude the minute I saw him on FOX more than twice.

He is no more than a right-wing fearmongerer, at this point. Don't buy into it.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It is amazing how many people can be reduced to inanity by the mere presence of three letters of the alphabet: F-O-X.

Apparently, some were able to consider the merits of Celente's opinion until he became a guest on a television network.
So much so that they throw logic, reason and respect for truth out the window.

"Months ago" (Nov. 2008) Celente predicted that the US would bre the first "undeveloped" country in the world.

Today, Obama's chief science advisor embraces "de-development," a theory that supports distribution of wealth through the destruction of an economy's imdustrial base, forcing a greater portion of the populace to depend upon government largesse.

According to your logic, Barack Obama (a guest 2 weeks ago) works for NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN. Celente is no more an employee of any network upon wgich he has been broadcast than any other social commentator.

The host and guest "adopt" each other according to your perverted thinking.

Celente, by the way does not just work for "Trend Research," he owns it. He needs any network about as much as he needs your mindless, accusatory blather.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

It is amazing how many people can be reduced to inanity by the mere presence of three letters of the alphabet: F-O-X.

Apparently, some were able to consider the merits of Celente's opinion until he became a guest on a television network.
So much so that they throw logic, reason and respect for truth out the window.

"Months ago" (Nov. 2008) Celente predicted that the US would be the first "undeveloped" country in the world.

Today, Obama's chief science advisor embraces "de-development," a theory that supports distribution of wealth through the destruction of an economy's imdustrial base, forcing a greater portion of the populace to depend upon government largesse.

Sounds pretty close to me.

According to your logic, Barack Obama (a guest 2 weeks ago) works for NBC (2X, 1-1/2 hour in 2 days), ABC, CBS (2X, 1-1/2 hour in 2 days) and CNN. Celente is no more an employee of any network upon which he has been broadcast than any other social commentator.

The host and guest "adopt" each other according to your perverted thinking.

Celente, by the way does not just work for "Trend Research," he owns it. He needs any network about as much as he needs your mindless, accusatory blather.

Deny Ignorance!

jw

[edit on 12-10-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

join