It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps this is the REAL conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Again....had some thoughts, never sure of the correct forum in which to post. Thought this one seemed a good start....please tell me what you think:

I am beginning to ponder whether the Human propensity for believing in 'conspiracies' is a hold-over from our early evolution. AND, whether it is a dangerous and potentially damaging behavior, if we continue along this path.

It is an unfortunate, at least in today's dangerous political and technological World Stage, trait of the human mind, after millenia of evolution, to allow paranoia to continue to intrude upon logical thinking processes. Fear....the "Eat or Be Eaten" mantra, was certainly essential for our survival as a budding sentient species, against other predators....but for our survival against our OWN conniving, plotting members of our own species....who used/still use intellect and subterfuge to conquer, rather than live peacefully with neighbors....and, sometimes, I might add...old fashioned emotion clouds judgement, as well, when dealing with our fellow Humans.

This is trying to be the germ of an entirely new thread....which is why I had difficulty placing it....it touches upon the anthropological nature of the Human species, and WHY paranoia is so prevalent in our mindsets (in my opinion)....but, it also speaks very well to ALL conspiracy theories. So...it crosses into (IN NO particular order)....theology, spirituality, evolutionary genetics...and possible ET influences that we still are arguing about, even as we fight amongst ourselves!!!)

EDIT, to add text, immediately above....EDIT ended. OUT.

Hence, I thought to post, here at ATS.

Sorry if it's disjointed, in its appearance and structure. I tried to open with a premise, then a supporting few sentences, followed by ANOTHER basic gist....since I know some people skim as they read!!!

Because it may stimulate a reflective discussion of WHAT ATS is about. And, that may ruffle some feathers??

I wasn't intent on gaining personal "points" nor anything like that...I've simply followed my thought processes, in an entirely different subject matter, to arrive at a new (possible) enlightenment involving the Human condition, and mindset among our species.

I HAVE used various threads as a sort of "Speaker's Corner", in the tradition of Hyde Park....although have strived to stick to topic. (This idea came to me, while doing just that....on an entirely different thread....not anyway related to THIS subject, just mentioned it to try to explain that my mind wanders...and looks for new connections along the way).

I'm not sure that I have the wherewithall to start this new thread...but I am certain a great many members may feel interested enough to contribute opinions...all are welcomed, pro and con. No flames!!!!!

Summary: Human paranoia seems, at least in the form we define it, to be unique, in our species. Continuing:

My opinions --

--We are still, at heart....territorial. Harkens to our apish ancestry...and other higher mammals we share common bonds with.

--Animals we have domesticated....and not cows, but dogs and cats....higher intelligence levels....they can pick up on some of this. But, they communicate in ways that are quite different....we've lost some of that....our higher sense of smell, for instance....or, it's still there, and our intellect interferes...emotions are re-routed....anger and mis-trust prevail...which, leads to paranoia.

See...this was my 'stream of concscienous' kicking in....it is still in flux.

Dont know if this will properly relate to some other threads, in the Aliens and UFO forums...for instance...involving 'ascension' and 'higher levels of enlightenment'. Perhaps, I've just soured this by mentioning....don't know. Not being judgemental...at least, trying not to be.

I think, for now....since I am advocating "conspiracy theories"....the mindset that gives rise to such behavior, as sort of a Human condition that should be seen in a new light....perhaps it belongs here, for discussion, for now.

[edit on 6/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

another EDIT....was OCD on spelling and grammar....

[edit on 6/4/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I've often thought that people, including myself, are paranoid. Then, you look at the fruits of this apparently newfound utopia that our first world leaders tell us exists. Then you realize it does not. It is the fruits of our society that we are becoming aware of; the double-talk and the multinational corporations, which, coincidently, seem to be warned about by many great men throughout history.
It is the destruction of evidence of our past.
It is the reasoning behind decisions. A reasoning that, many times, leads to unforseen laws, actions, and states of mind.
It is the frustratingly obscene denial of the truth to the seemingly "less worthy".
This, however, is changing due to the information age, as money is no longer necessary to attain the greatest power: knowledge.
Never before have we as a species had such a palette of information available to us. We are beating a new path, as a species.

I dont think it's paranoia, it's the search for truth.
good thread, and a nice fresh take.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

HeyOh! heyo...

I was massaging my new post....well, actually editing for some errors...bt thnks for responding!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

hey no prob...my answer started off as being short, but it does lead one down some almost relfective paths. Plus, I love new stuff.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

I've often thought that people, including myself, are paranoid.

Don't judge, too harshly, at first....

Then, you look at the fruits of this apparently newfound utopia that our first world leaders tell us exists. and the multinational corporations, which, coincidently, seem to be warned about by many great men throughout history.

I read what you just wrote as a basic acknowledgement that "Greed Is Bad"...because you referred to 'first world leaders'. Again, that is just part of the discussion I wish to promote....

It is the destruction of evidence of our past.

I certainly hope that is not the case, not as bad as you claim. However, an old proverb does say, that "History is written by the Victors". This should NOT be ever allowed to happen....I see the attempt to 'erase' the Holocaust, for instance, as an example of this evilness....

It is the reasoning behind decisions. A reasoning that, many times, leads to unforseen laws, actions, and states of mind.

Sometimes, when unjust 'laws' and legal decisions are observed, and agreed to be unjust and illegal....then certain actions are warranted for redress. However, in the past, this was usually accomplished by violence. I think that there are other ways....

This, however, is changing due to the information age, as money is no longer necessary to attain the greatest power: knowledge.

That is an excellent point. Perhaps one reason for my starting this discussion. However, remember: The "Information Age" originally started with the Guttenberg Printing Press...you, of course, are referring to the "Age" of the Internet. Man...all "information" is potentially double-edged...which leads us back to paranoia....it is a delicate path, without trust.

Never before have we as a species had such a palette of information available to us. We are beating a new path, as a species.

'palette of information'!!!! Couldn't have been that colorful, if I'd written it!!! Thanks!!!!

top topics

join