It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My take on religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong place. If I have, please move it. Thank you.

I was thinking the other day, about all that is going on around us, the power struggles, the rich, the poor, the living, and the dying. I was thinking about religion, Heaven, and Hell. And then something struck me. It just simply came to me out of nowhere. A conspiracy to cover up the truth, about the afterlife. I'm just speculating at this point, but any question rightly deserves an in depth search for an appropriate answer. Religion teaches us of Gods, of Creator, of Heaven, and of Hell. We are taught what to do and what not to do in order to attain entry to Heaven and avoid the abyss of Hell. But are we taught, or are we programmed? For what reasons? Sages of times long passed were aware of consciousness after this life, whether another plane of existence, another dimension, or actual Heaven and Hell. They practiced tapping into these energies. Wrote books. Performed rituals. Came into contact with the Truths of the Universe. But with mankind, power and greed surpass truth, smothering it with deceit and lies. For all of the time we have been here...for all of our supposed knowledge of how the world works, why are we still asking the question. Is there life after death? Much like the UFO conspiracy, any attempt to offer up proof or the existence of the afterlife and life energies beyond our own understanding, are shot down with ridicule by skeptical "experts", who ironically may or may not be tied to a religion that teaches them that such things exist. Why?

What if someone were to tell you that the ultimate choice you have in this life, of freewill, should it not be oppressed, is to leave? To turn your human being off, hatching from your cocoon, into a new living entity, in a different level of existence, outside of the reach and influence of mankind and its' perversions.

What if it is not a sin to turn onesself off so that you can leave here and move on to the next realm?

What if it is actually what you're supposed to do?

And what if all of these years, you have been duped into believing that evolving is a bad thing, and that you will suffer consequences for making a choice on your own?

What if you have been tricked, by religion, a tool, created by men of immense power and greed, to stay here beyond what is necessary, so that you may fulfill their desires to enslave you and capitalize on your servitude?

Ask yourself this question. What would they do if everyone who is in servitude in life here, were to suddenly decide to leave, at once, all around the world? You may call it suicide, because that is what they've programmed you to call it.
They would no longer have anyone to control, no one to profit from. No one to provide them the many luxuries that we only dream about. The same luxuries that they've programmed us to believe that we can one day attain if we just work hard, and keep providing for them.
They've made us believe that if we choose to leave here, we will go to Hell. When in a possible truth, we simply go to where everyone goes when they evolve to the next consciousness.

Simply put, religion is a tool, created by men of power, to control lesser men in their eyes, so that these controllers can live here, in lives of luxury, eating from their silver spoons, while they entertain themselves through our ignorance and suffering.
That religion is used to cover the truth about our lives, out of fear that these scared controllers would have no one to do their bidding, if we all decided to evolve and leave this place on a grand scale.

Like I said, this just popped into my head the other day, and even if I am off base, which none of us will ever know, it would make for a great premise to a movie or book.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth shall be presented to each and every man, woman, and child on the day of their death, or rebirth, depending on how you view the universe. That is the one constant that no one can hide from. It's a solo journey that everyone has to make, like it or not.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Thanks, dude. Interesting post.

I tend not to agree that religion is wholly a tool for control, though, for the following reasons:

1. ANCIENT BEGINNINGS: I believe from what I've read that religions universally began as loose, largely-unstructured animist/shamanistic belief systems. These formed simply as a way for primitive humankind to explain phenomena in the natural world that they could not understand at the time, and to respond to the perceived "powers that be" in nature (thunder, lightning, famine, earthquakes). Keeping in mind that these belief systems evolved independently of each other in various parts of the world, and that they varied in myriad ways, AND the fact that theocracies were quite few or non-existent (ie: the shaman played second fiddle to the tribal chieftain), I think it says more about humankind's need for understanding and thirst for knowledge than their desire to control others.

2. CATHOLIC CHURCH VS CHRISTIANITY & BUDDHISM: The Catholic Church evolved from the time of the conversion of Constantine and proceeded to take a peaceful doctrine (ie: that of Jesus Christ) and transform it into a hierarchically-structured system of paradise vs damnation. The "religion" existed prior to this, but the church fathers chose to twist it into a system in which the hegemony of priest, bishop, cardinal and pope could dictate the fate of a person's immortal soul by their mere say-so. So, here we see a predeliction of humankind to attempt to exercise earthly control via a belief system which previously had very little to say about such a concept. I think this indicates that religion is merely one avenue by which people have sought to exercise control, ie: just a means, like politics or sex or money. But the fundamentals of religions like Buddhism and (true) Christianity have only ever been about control of oneself - not others.

Just my two bob's worth...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I agree with some of the points made by the OP.

But despite all that, it can be okay to be angry at a religion, but never ever vent your fury on an individual who's under a religion.

"Father forgive them for they knew not what they're doing" Jesus' enemy was religion (strongholds, authority) of course the devil, but never the people, us. Obviously they don't know what they're doing is right or wrong and that is truth

Would you yell at a baby for spilling your tea??

new topics

join