It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-altitude, sudden break-up suspected in Air France crash

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Air France crash jet's autopilot 'was not working'

The autopilot on the Air France flight that crashed in the Atlantic was not working, investigators have said.

All 228 people on board, including five Britons, 12 crewmembers, a baby and seven children, are thought to have perished in the world's worst aviation disaster since 2001.

Pre-crash signals from Flight 447, which went down en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris last Sunday, showed the autopilot was not working, French investigators said.

Paul-Louis Arslanian, the head of the French agency leading the crash investigation, said it was not clear if the pilots switched it off or it stopped working because it received conflicting airspeed readings.

Plane manufacturer Airbus said the probe found the flight received inconsistent readings from different instruments as it struggled in a massive thunderstorm.

Meteorologists said the Air France jet entered an unusual storm with 100mph updrafts that acted as a vacuum, sucking water up from the ocean.

The moist air rushed up to the plane's high altitude, where it quickly froze in minus-40 degree temperatures. The updrafts also would have created dangerous turbulence.

Investigators are still searching a zone of several hundred square miles for debris from the crash, after earlier reports that wreckage had been found in the Atlantic were found to be wrong.

itn.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: Interesting point that needs to be answered so Star for you!

I posit that as they were flying towards a enormous electrical storm in an extremely modern aircraft that they knew well in advance what they were in for and as such decided to fly over it by gaining altitude and upon cresting the top of the super cell were suddenly and catastrophically destroyed by a blue jet or upwards superbolt [I thought maybe red sprites or Elves for their destructive power but unfortunately the occur much much higher]. Both these atmospheric anomalies are extremely powerful [more so than standard regular lightning] and I would suggest that possibility has to also be fully analyzed. Read about them HERE!

Personal Disclosure: I starred the post the brought up positive charged lightning as this reminded me of the lightning the goes on above the clouds.

Edited to fix typo.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Looks like the original post i had presented on ats was right on the money.

9:10am UK, Thursday June 11, 2009

Air France Jet 'Disintegrated In Mid-Air'

Two pieces of new evidence have suggested that the stricken Air France jet broke up over a number of minutes, rather than in one catastrophic incident.

Firstly, bodies from Flight 447 had been picked up from locations more than 50 miles apart, the Brazilian Air Force revealed.
And secondly, a re-analysis of the plane's last automatic transmissions indicated many parts had malfunctioned before it plunged into the Atlantic.

news.sky.com... 15301188?f=rss

<< 1  2   >>

join