It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-altitude, sudden break-up suspected in Air France crash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

High-altitude, sudden break-up suspected in Air France crash

www.digitaljournal.com

It is being reported that debris from the crash of Air France flight AF447 has been found over a distance of more than 300 kilometers. If confirmed, that would suggest that the plane broke up at high altitude. There were no survivors.
Two days after the crash, which took place in the middle of the Atlantic, French daily Le Figaro reports that a source close to the enquiry has revealed that the debris found is spread over a very large area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

--Partial list of passengers and their Occupations on Page 2--

[edit on 4-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is very unusual, i thought it crashed into the ocean and broke up on impact.

Could this be the beginning of something far worse than what we have been led to believe. I only hope there is no terrorist attack involved as it will lead to something brutal. Well as there are thousands of post relating to this incident i thought that this did stand out from what the media is reporting.

www.digitaljournal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Is it possible that lightning could cause structural damage in the air, and the change in pressure could cause a rip or a hole?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
sounding more like a bomb..
time will tell ! not good !

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by tristar

Is it possible that lightning could cause structural damage in the air, and the change in pressure could cause a rip or a hole?

Very, very unlikely! Lightning strikes are very common (see other threads), and if lightning did cause a hole, or if anything caused a hole for that matter, explosive decompression is not as catastrophic as it sounds. It is something the flight crews train for, and it isn't supposed to hurt the structural integrity. There have been crashes from this, but it is normally a large cargo hold explosion from some type of fuel source (i.e. Oxygen Canisters or the like).

Lightning would not cause a large enough hole to be concerning, if it caused one at all. Also turbulence on this type of plane is statistically almost impossible to cause a crash at altitude. The radar showed some strong storms, but at 35,000 feet the wind speeds would be dissipated, and the crew has access to sophisticated radar for avoiding the worst of the storm.

I can't help but think about the movie "The Day after Tomorrow." This exact scenario plays out in the beginning. They are talking about how turbulence can't bring down a plane, and then it does. Then the odd weather strikes (NYC had frost warnings on June 1). I didn't care for that movie, but it this is an odd situation.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I doubt it, tests have shown that lightening doesn't really affect planes anyways. Even if it did strike it I do not think it would have the power concentration to punch a hole through aircraft grade aluminum. The only type of energy discharge that could do that would be a directed energy beam or a bomb/missile, this is starting to look fishy, I hope they come up with a credible answer soon or this is going to look like the Ustica Massacre.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The words "High-altitude, sudden break-up" sound like just another way to say "explosion" without actually saying the word. With everything else going on in the world right now I'm sure the LAST thing any government wants to deal with is a terrorist incident. It would simply not fit into the agenda.

This crash will be blamed on some kind of mechanical failure or freak weather condition. Then everyone will hold some memorial services and go on while the truth lies 20,000 feet under the surface of the Atlantic Ocean. It's really amazing to me how much our governments lie and still get away with it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dallas18
sounding more like a bomb..
time will tell ! not good !

I read that the airline had a bomb threat a few days before this. Big coincidence if it's not a bomb.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I agree, imp personally thinking several small explosive devices.

Now people say, if it was explosives, it would have ignited all the fuel, and there would be no fuel slick

True, but what if it was small explosives, say 3 or 4 positioned on the roof.
small, as in tennis ball sized or less.

Wouldn’t these going off cause

1. depressurisation
2. multiple failures of electrical / devices ( due to them being cut by explosives and possible radio failure? )
3. the plane could continue momentarily, but eventually the degradation in structural design would cause it to break up and go down?

The last contact with the aircraft was at 02:14 UTC, four hours after take-off, when its avionics automatically transmitted several messages via ACARS

The first of these messages, at 2:10 UTC, reportedly indicated that the autopilot had disengaged and the fly-by-wire computers had switched to an alternate program used in the event of multiple system failures.

Bomb gone off, causing autopilot to fail and dive, pilots turn off autopilot and try to correct the planes altitude

Next, the aircraft transmitted several messages indicating failures of the Air Data Inertial Reference Unit, the Integrated Standby Instrument System (a backup system providing basic flight instruments), and the master units of the primary and secondary flight control computers

Then the computers unable to receive signals from the rear of the plane due to the minor explosives cutting cables, caused the transmission that multiple components had failed.

The final message received, at 02:14 UTC, indicated a possible cabin depressurization

Finally, with the multiple holes in the fuselage slowly getting worse due to the high altitude flying and irresponsive flying, the plane slowly started leaking, breaking up and lost cabin pressure completely

The plane then split up as it fell to Earth.

thats how i see it..

especially with the news of a bomb threat days earlier.

think about this,

if you wanted the world to know you bombed a plane, how would you do it?
the plane would crash and no one would know its a bomb.

but if you call in a threat days before, a false threat.. on a different plane on the same rough route, its to coincidental.

Also, if you REALLY wanted to bomb the plane, you dont phone in a threat on that PLANE, because the bomb will be found.

If it was a bomb, there's some chance we will see another shortly, who ever did it obviously doesnt want to admit to it, but they'll want the world to know it was a man made event.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Oh yes, i agree, that "high altitude","sudden break up" does make it sound like an explosion, as many have said its highly or close to impossible that such break up could be caused by a lightning strike. You know, deep down inside, i was thinking about an explosion of some sort, or perhaps due to the explosion the wing tanks ignited. But then again wing tanks exploding are as remote as seeing Obama down the street walking to buy milk from the local store.

But could there maybe be a structural design fault that is only now coming to see the light.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Well I know Al Qaeda had a plan stopped a year after 9/11 in which they were planning o hijacking multiple planes over the Atlantic and crashing them into each other. So did they do something similar here?

Or what about this: They didn't find the plane and are lying to make it seem like some closure has occurred. Any wreckage they 'find' will be sparse and 'not enough' to re piece the plane together by the NTSB.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hmm, good point, but they are looking for the black boxes and with so many resources being used, even leo satellites it some how seems that there are way too many countries involved, by no means am i saying they shouldn't but its amazing at the amount being used. Its as if they are searching for something completely different, also to add the amount of exposure on this story is extraordinary.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Alqaeda' (if you believe in that) always come straight out and say something.
Plus, they are multiple attacks.

One plane going down and from South America doesnt seem like your normal middle eastern terrorists.

Id be more worried its some sort of new form of terrorism.
They arent like the arab who are out to get something, or send a message. They genuinely just want people to fear them.

What better way to do it than bring down airliners one by one randomly and never publically show yourself or speak.

dont bodies and such was up on shore after plane crashes? i mean, the whole thing just wont sink would it. why only 1 seat floating? why not all of them if the plane broke up ?

have we searched the close islands? looking for a Tom Hanks wannabie?

I think the governments dont want people to be alarmed, better for it to look like a fluke, a mistake.. than to look like a deliberate attack.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
it was interesting that the media were not suggesting that it was a possible terrorist attack since it occured , even when they had no idea how it 'disappeared'
especially in this time we live in , media bombards us with terrorist related stories
very fishy

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Okay i have a few weird quotes that i cant make ends on

1) If the plane broke up during flight at that altitude would it be safe to say that the wings would have broken apart considering the weight of fuel and a perhaps short circuit would have happened causing some form of explosion ?

Last night Nelson Jobim, the Brazilian Defence Minister, also ruled out an explosion. A long fuel slick found at the crash site “means that it is improbable that there was a fire or explosion”, he said.

2) How are they sure that lightning did strike the aircraft since they have not recovered the black boxes yet ? On one hand their say one thing then taking it back stating another thing. Something is not adding up on this crash.

Air France said earlier that the aircraft had been struck by lightning. They ruled out terrorism but later retracted the remarks. Sabotage was not being ruled out.

edit : forgot the link www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It will be interesting to find out who was on the plane ...

I've already heard there was an 'American geologist,' but I'm wondering who else was there too ...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I thought they suspected electrical failure. At least that's what the media here said.
This is a very good oppurtunity for CIA or other spook agency to 'find' another tiny part of bomb like they did with the scotland crash. Iranian made maybe this time or North Korean?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a conflicting story by CNN

link edition.cnn.com...

A 12-mile oil slick near where an Air France jet crashed Monday into the Atlantic Ocean indicates the plane likely didn't break up until it hit the water, Brazil's defense minister said Wednesday.

If true, that would argue against an in-flight explosion as the cause of the crash of Air France Flight 447, Defense Minister Nelson Jobim told reporters.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Air France has released a confirmed list of the nationalities of passengers onboard the presumed crashed, Paris-bound AF447 flight

www.thaindian.com...

i did read somewhere there were members of the brazilian royal family and executives of major companies, have no more info than that though.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
blog.al.com...

Among the 228 people believed to be on board Air France Flight 447, which went missing today over the Atlantic Ocean, was 41-year-old Erich Heine, a ThyssenKrupp AG executive

not sure if this anything important but im sure there will be more come out in a day or 2.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join