It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange lights above Liverpool revealed?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The recent spate of orange lights in the sky have been puzzling people for the last year or so in the Northwest UK.

Many witnesses have spotted these, including several of my friends in my home town (not far from Liverpool)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

worldufos.blogspot.com...

Some believe they are alien craft, some believe they are paper lanterns and some claim that they are of a military origin.

Now i've just found this link.

www.liverpoolecho.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

INVESTIGATORS are probing claims the alleged UFOs seen above Merseyside were connected to a military exercise involving one of the Navys top warships.

They are trying to find out whether the glowing orange lights seen above Liverpool and Southport were counter measures testing the radar systems of huge anti-missile guns on the HMS Daring.

The warship, which was docked at Liverpools cruise liner terminal, is fitted with radar-activated Phalanx guns, which are capable of firing more than 3,000 rounds a minute.

An ex-military source told the ECHO high-flying jets had dropped counter measures along a route to simulate the path of a missile in order to test the guns radar systems.

The Ministry of Defence has not confirmed or denied the suggestions, but said it is looking into the claims.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

[edit - added more links]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

An ex-military source told the ECHO high-flying jets had dropped counter measures along a route to simulate the path of a missile in order to test the guns radar systems.

An ex-military source is not a good one for a thing like this as he does not say that he saw it he is just saying what it could be. I don't know many military men but im pretty sure they don't make calls and let ex-members know what they are testing out.
Im still confused about this one, for such a large sighting i would think that there would be at the very least hundreds of photos.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
In regards to the photo's.

Several of my mates saw the orange lights last year. But apart from their mobile phones, they weren't carrying a camera.

Besides, it would have been almost impossible to get them on the phone/camera as little or nothing would have shown up at that resolution.

Don't forget most people don't expect to see UFO's and after the shock and awe has subsided then the chance to take a photo has gone.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah you got a point. Just remember the phoenix lights thing. First the airforce will say we can't confirm nor deny and then they will give some explanation that does not watch up to what the people say they saw. I guess we will have to wait a bit and see what comes of all this

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You know, I always wonder whether the people who invented "chinese lanterns" did so with the intention of distorting and confusing the public about the UFO phenomenon, because the REAL UFOs/alien orbs look almost exactly like chinese lanterns from a distance.

Here is an authentic UFO orb. This was captured by member ufoorbhunter after a mass sighting he and a friend witnessed a while ago and captured with his mobile phone in Buxton/Derbyshire.

Watch

See how similar? I'm by no MEANS a physicist, but it seems pretty clear to me that the reason we see them "flickering" orange, red and yellow is because the rods & cones of our eyes are seeing light of longer wavelengths of the electromagnetic spectrum, right at the border of infrared, which appears to us as red and orange. These are higher dimensional extraterrestrials!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well this is my home town and people from liverpool are known to be some what of big gobbed and to honest for their own good

My friend send me a pic of some orbs a while back i never got see them but i did "once" see a freaky object in the sky

But it was not orange and it was day time .. it looked like it was reflecting the sky "best way i can describe it" .. and i watched a vid from wales more or less the same

its on disclosure TV but it was recent and orange orb type things wizzin about

S+F

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
You know, I always wonder whether the people who invented "chinese lanterns" did so with the intention of distorting and confusing the public about the UFO phenomenon, because the REAL UFOs/alien orbs look almost exactly like chinese lanterns .

FFS : read this

were invented in the third century AD by Zhuge Liang, the chancellor of Shu Han, OR the Chinese famous strategist - Kong Min (depending on whose records you read) to be used as a military signal. Chinese Lanterns are widely thought to be the world's first hot-air balloon.
During the Yuan Dynasty, which began in the 13th century, Chinese Lanterns became a symbol of hope and good wishes

do you ACTUALLY wonder if the " anti ufo disinfo campaign " was started over 1600 years ago ?

maybe your claimed " ufo orbs " look EXACTLY like chinese lanterns - because thats exactly what they are

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Don't be so harsh, i think he meant that the Chinese lantern phenomena is a way of discrediting UFO sightings.

After all, it's what the yawn inducing skeptics seem to repeat ad infinitum.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

show me chines lanterns that do dogfights and ill give up on ufos

i take it you do not think aliens are real?

May i ask you a question

how did you get on this rock we call earth?

just asking

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
You know, I always wonder whether the people who invented "chinese lanterns" did so with the intention of distorting and confusing the public about the UFO phenomenon, because the REAL UFOs/alien orbs look almost exactly like chinese lanterns .

FFS : read this

were invented in the third century AD by Zhuge Liang, the chancellor of Shu Han, OR the Chinese famous strategist - Kong Min (depending on whose records you read) to be used as a military signal. Chinese Lanterns are widely thought to be the world's first hot-air balloon.
During the Yuan Dynasty, which began in the 13th century, Chinese Lanterns became a symbol of hope and good wishes

do you ACTUALLY wonder if the " anti ufo disinfo campaign " was started over 1600 years ago ?

maybe your claimed " ufo orbs " look EXACTLY like chinese lanterns - because thats exactly what they are

If you had some of the experiences athat some of the people on here have had with these orbs (one of which I posted but you conveniently ignored - nothing surprising from someone named ignorant_ape), you would know what I meant.

Btw, why does it seem like these "chinese lanterns" are only seen in England, a country with coincidently the highest number of UFO sightings in the world? Since when has firing up Chinese lanterns ever been a tradition in England anyways? I live in the US and I've never seen anyone use or even talk about them at all here, nor in any other part of the world. We've heard of weather balloons, swamp gas, ball lightening, and flares, but NEVER have "Chinese lanterns" been used as an explanation for UFOs until recent years.

You don't see something odd about this?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I guess you guys are out of the loop. All the swamp gas from the 50-70s got heated from global warming and turned into chinese lanterns

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Weirdly, my mum just sent me some images her and her husband had taken out of their front window on the 25/5/09 (I've had my mum check her camera date and it's a day out... it says the 24th on the data and screen but it was actually the 25th). She wanted to me use my photoshop skills (I am a graphic designer by trade) to try and determine if there was any more detail in the photo to indicate what it might've been.

They show an orange orb just above a street light. Now, my mum sits gazing out of the window for long periods and has seen several weird occurances, such as angel hair falling on the park opposite, other weird orbs of light etc.

This thing moved quickly towards the house, stopped, then seemed to either disappear or recede rapidly (perspective is very difficult to judge at night obviously).

There is no way this is a reflection of the street light and my mum isn't one to jump to supernatural conclusions (she was shocked when I said, "Well that's a UFO... it's unidentified... it's flying... and it's an object".

After a bit of research for her, it's apparent that she wasn't the only one to see orange lights in the sky around that time, this report appeared from Ormskirk, which is just about 40 miles down the road from Blackpool, UK where she lives.

www.uk-ufo.co.uk...

Here are the photo's:

www.b3tards.com...

That's the object just above the light.

Here's one without the object, as they tried to take more shots while it disappeared, for comparison:

www.b3tards.com...

Here's a version with the colours inverted and the brightness way,way, up.

www.b3tards.com...

I am very skeptical, but I know my mum... and she saw something strange that night.

A lot of people in the media are claiming they're chinese lanterns but if they were, they've lasted a bloody long time and travelled a bloody long way. Also, comparing the luminosity to the street light in the picture, that's the brightest goddamn chinese lantern I've ever seen.

top topics

join