It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Renews Openness About His Muslim Roots Ahead of Egypt Speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

President Obama has spoken proudly of American Muslims, even referencing his heritage as the son of a Muslim man, ahead of his highly anticipated speech Thursday in Cairo aimed at shoring up relations between the U.S. and the Muslim world.

Obama's openness about his own Muslim heritage may seem startling after his presidential campaign last year went to great lengths to debunk false rumors about his religion -- he is Christian -- but the president showed long ago that he is comfortable talking about his roots, which are addressed in his two biographical books, "Dreams From My Father" and "The Audacity of Hope."

www.foxnews.com...

It seems just like yesterday when the elections were going on and when i dared to say that obama was a Muslim on here, I got bash big time.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Dark Jester]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
How does having Muslim heritage in your family mean you cannot be a Christian? I'm not sure that I'm unsure where this non-sequitur is going.

Perhaps I should be uncomfortable speaking of my Jewish roots even though by birth I should be a Lutheran. Hmmm.

My opinion is that it could offer a slight advantage in dealing with that area of the world and I didn't think so because he says it now.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Its interesting how he dons different masks for different audiences...

I guess just like any other politician. Obama just takes it to the extreme

join