It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by wonderworld
reply to post by Bombeni
Hi bombeni, Yes now is the time to stock up. I can still buy a 50 pound bag of rice for 20 bucks. That wont last for long.
All the ATS members probably know by now the timing is critical, especially with the survival threads.
Originally posted by rjmelter
I personally dont see how they want the U.S. to do something about this... The U.S. makes up like 15% of all the land in the world and yet they want the U.S. to grow all the food for the poor, well what about the nations that are so close to the starving, or what about the other 85% of the land? I personally think the U.N. should grow their own **** food to hand out to people who ended up that way because they are lazy, now maybe to groups of people who are uneducated and dont know how to do such, but cant we teach them to grow their own food?
The U.S. is not responsible for the world... everyone stop crying for the AID of the U.S. and condemning it for spending trillions of dollars to help rebuild countries... Sounds to me like the world wants to bankrupt the U.S.
Edit to add:
The US Acounts for 16% of the Worlds Land Mass
[edit on 4-6-2009 by rjmelter]
Global corporations which supply the seeds, chemicals and cattle and which control the slaughterhouses, marketing and distribution of beef, eagerly promote grain-fed livestock. They equate it with a country’s prestige and climbing the “protein ladder” becomes the mark of success.
Human consequences of the shift from food to feed were dramatically illustrated during the Ethiopian famine in 1984. While people starved, Ethiopia was growing linseed cake, cottonseed cake and rapeseed meal for European livestock. Millions of acres of land in the developing world are used for this purpose. Tragically, 80 per cent of the world’s hungry children live in countries with food surpluses which are fed to animals for consumption by the affluent.