It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Is This Not Upsetting Blacks? New Song Produced Called "Whip It Like A Slave"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing this - it was interesting to read people's responses.

By the way, to various people on here, it's not inappropriate to call people "black." I'm white and my wife is black (from Africa). If you find offense in stating skin color then maybe you should figure out why it offends you or why your uncomfortable with it.

And my other 2 cents: black could describe the people from 50 different countries and hundreds of cultures; it is not a culture in itself...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

They don't get offended tho, becuase they realize it's all in fun.

It's all about how you do things and how your percieved.

Now someone like YOU who turns a non issue to an issue is the kind of person who must not realize that.

Cool, so you say it's ok for a white to go around making songs about wipping slaves! Neato. Can I sue you when I get shot?

Next up, "Jack it like a cracka!" by the KKKRew..

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Listen to the song. It is not about whipping slaves...its about whipping "that certain part of the male anatomy."

It is the funniest thing I have ever heard. This guy should get a grammy.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Removed - I was just venting about self-righteousness, arrogance, and judmentalism; it was probably breaking some rule =)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by notreallyalive]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by GeechQuestInfo

They don't get offended tho, becuase they realize it's all in fun.

It's all about how you do things and how your percieved.

Now someone like YOU who turns a non issue to an issue is the kind of person who must not realize that.

Cool, so you say it's ok for a white to go around making songs about wipping slaves! Neato. Can I sue you when I get shot?

Next up, "Jack it like a cracka!" by the KKKRew..

You have to have your Ghetto Pass! He can say that all he wants around his step-brothers, but I bet he would be a little more cautious as the only white guy at rap concert! However, just before he gets beat up, his big-booty black girlfriend could walk up, and its all ok again!

Don't jump on the big-booty bandwagon, she had to be big-booty, because a sophisticated light-skinned girl would still get him beat up if he was talking too much!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by badw0lf

Listen to the song. It is not about whipping slaves...its about whipping "that certain part of the male anatomy."

It is the funniest thing I have ever heard. This guy should get a grammy.

Star for you. I was waiting for someone to finally say it.....

Blows my mind away how people blow things out of proportion.

DENY IGNORANCE my ashen.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

LOL, people on here having a four page debate over racism, because someone wrote an hilarious song about doing the do. I already wrote down in my planner tomorrow to try hitting it with a brick and Karate chopping it like a Sensai (sp?).

Oh and to answer the question posed in the OP, blacks arent upset because most of them have been blessed with a sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

nothing to read here move along i don't wanna know

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by GeechQuestInfo

nothing to read here move along i don't wanna know

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Bombeni]

Then why read it? Then waste your energy responding?

Move along? What r u a hall monitor in a high school or something?

No disrepect madam. Juss' sayin.......

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Well in her defense, she originally posted "Does anyone know what whipping crack means?"

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

LOL, people on here having a four page debate over racism, because someone wrote an hilarious song about doing the do. I already wrote down in my planner tomorrow to try hitting it with a brick and Karate chopping it like a Sensai (sp?).

Oh and to answer the question posed in the OP, blacks arent upset because most of them have been blessed with a sense of humor.

Sure they have a sense of humor as long as its another black person making the joke.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well I think it is our own white fault. One of us should do a comedy routine about blacks. There is nothing wrong with it. Black folk do it to us all the time and it is usually hilarious. There is nothing wrong with sharing how our differences are amusing to each other.

My favorite comedians are Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock. They make fun of everyone, even their own race.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
...no more obnoxious than any other rap song really. What I find offensive is the lack of imagination and new linguistic material...lol.
Also, let's not forget, it's only 'racist' if it forwards an agenda.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I guess it's to each his own, but Lil' Wayne is horrible. I mean... this is the same guy that peddles 'Crunk Juice' and just goes YEAHH, OK, YEAHH. Why not listen to some rap with substance like Immortal Technique?

It's personal taste, I know, but I just don't understand it. All the guy does is rap about girls, money, and cars. To me (yes to me, not you, I know) it's annoying as hell, but again, it's personal taste.

As far as the phrase goes, I understand that 'Whip it like a slave' is slang, but I don't like it because it brings up divisions between people rather than similarities. I like stuff that brings people together, and has a message to it, you know?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by JipStix

agreed, totally stinks. Not a fan of the rap music. Give me metal any day (equally offensive and wayyyyyy more fun IMHO)

That being said, I can appreciate talent from any musical genre, whether it's my preference at not. This lil Wayne character is not impressive or creative at all. In fact, I'd go as far to say that puting someone like this on a pedestal is only perpetuating the mediocracy and un-original thinking that's become the standard, particularly for the young ones. Ugh.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
I guess it's to each his own, but Lil' Wayne is horrible. I mean... this is the same guy that peddles 'Crunk Juice' and just goes YEAHH, OK, YEAHH. Why not listen to some rap with substance like Immortal Technique?

It's personal taste, I know, but I just don't understand it. All the guy does is rap about girls, money, and cars. To me (yes to me, not you, I know) it's annoying as hell, but again, it's personal taste.

As far as the phrase goes, I understand that 'Whip it like a slave' is slang, but I don't like it because it brings up divisions between people rather than similarities. I like stuff that brings people together, and has a message to it, you know?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by JipStix]

Wrong "Lil". You are thinking about "Lil John", not "Lil Wayne".

(am i the only one who finds those names ridiculous?)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I agree with you. The crackas are afraid (and with reason!). Can you imagine the controversy?! The brave caucasion comedians would be ostracized (and probably stoned in public).
Don't forget....racism is only funny if it's directed at white people, mexicans and asians

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by jd140

Well I think it is our own white fault. One of us should do a comedy routine about blacks. There is nothing wrong with it. Black folk do it to us all the time and it is usually hilarious. There is nothing wrong with sharing how our differences are amusing to each other.

My favorite comedians are Dave Chapelle and Chris Rock. They make fun of everyone, even their own race.

Go ahead try your hand at comedy with a routine that makes fun of blacks. It will be a short career.

The closes we will get to that happening is Carlos Mencia.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jackieps1975

LOL, I always wanted to try stand up. Maybe I will give it a shot in the near future. I dont see anything wrong with it if its not hateful. Nothing Chris Rock or Dave Chappelle does is really hateful. Well except maybe when Chapelle said he would like to kill a slave master on every show.

Anyway it was still funny. I mean he even went as far as to create a skit about a blind black man who was racist against black people because he didnt know he was black. It ended with a part about him divorcing his white wife after 20 years because he figured she was an N lover, because she married him and he found out he was black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join