It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. Korea to deploy fighter jets....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

S. Korea to deploy fighter jets....

www.koreaherald.co.kr

South Korea will not refrain from launching a fleet of advanced fighter jets to retaliate against North Korea if the communist neighbor provokes an armed conflict along their western sea border, its Air Force said Wednesday, according to Yonhap News.
Tension runs high in the Yellow Sea after North Korea warned last week it will not guarantee the safety of U.S. and South Korean naval vessels operating near the Northern Limit Line (NLL).

The NLL was drawn by a U.S. commander at the end of the 1950-53 Korean War that ended in a truce, and North Korea has repeatedly said this year that it shou
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
In the history of N.K tantrums I can never remember a time that there have been so many news reports that lead one to believe that
" they " might actually be planning some type of action against the north

We seem to be seeing an escalation of things and have even seen Russia as well China coming down on NK in the public arena .

I can't help but wonder , will this continue to escalate until we see an armed conflicted ?

www.koreaherald.co.kr

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
They might be planning some action on the North, but only in retaliation which i suspect they always would:

"retaliate against North Korea if the communist neighbor provokes"

Originally posted by Max_TO

In the history of N.K tantrums I can never remember a time that there have been so many news reports that lead one to believe that
" they " might actually be planning some type of action against the north

We seem to be seeing an escalation of things and have even seen Russia as well China coming down on NK in the public arena .

I can't help but wonder , will this continue to escalate until we see an armed conflicted ?

www.koreaherald.co.kr

[edit on 3-6-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

It has been at this fever pitch on and off since 2003, its just that some situations have changed for the worse across the board for both sides since last summer. The big fear is that someone will trip the wire and force NK to prove the adage that in this century war will be more about fighting for food and water than money. Face it, the whole country basically is starving to death. The most disturbing thing about this personally is that Kim Jong Ding Dong is just another dictator that treats his own people worse than his enemies.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Worse than his enemies. That's right. Even worse than we treat our own enemies.
So why are we waiting for him to provoke? Who cares about a country's soveriegnty when they're treating humans like that? North Korea, Sudan, Zimbabwe, why arent the collective armies of the world invading these countries and ousting those mongrel dictators who treat humans like that.
I can hear the do-gooders and left-wing idiots saying "then what? there's a power vacuum. it'll be another iraq." Idiots.
Up till very recently, after a war, the losing country was conquered and therefore came under direct leadership of the winning country.
I'm sure the U.S. economy would get a boost if there was a 53rd state in asia and a 54th and 55th in africa, maybe even a 56th state in the middle east.
The point is, if it takes a war and the conquering of these countries to get better treatment to those millions of people and refugees, then I say INVADE!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Why don't you invade? What's holding you back?

Oh, wait. I should die to save a bunch of foreigners. You should be left safe, probably while everyone around you talks about how evil we are for starting another war...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NathanNewZealand

The problem is, no army has actually been able to conquer Korea
and it is a much different terrain and type of fighting than even Iraq. Throw in the fact they are surrounded by potential allies who literally can turn off the American economy's tap and that is a different scenario than we ever have faced. Hate to say it but the best thing to do would be for something to "provoke" China into making a first move against them, they not only have a mutual border but the world's biggest freestanding army. The other countries in that region would follow China, which also would physically contain the border and keeping them from invading into the mainland. I don't think they would be able to launch an effective sea war, they would be surrounded by naval opposition though they probably could get in some nasty missile strikes.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Perhaps I am wrong but I had always thought that the U.S did beat the north during the war , it was China sending in something like 400 k troops that saved the north ?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

No, you technically can't concede defeat in an "undeclared" war. I think by that point from the accounts I have read and heard it was much like Iraq anyway in terms of pure butchery. The funny thing is, if you look at psychological research done on vets in the last 60 years Korean War vets had the worst issues with PTSD in terms of violence, substance abuse and other issues, only slightly edged out by the WW2 vets. I'm sure the fact that so many of them fought in both wars didn't help. I had no idea until I was in my 20s how bad it was, Korean War history got literally half a page in our textbook. Vietnam at least got two pages.

Korea has an interesting civil and military history to say the least, I would not mind spending some time in the south myself but it is just too dirty. How those people can live next to germ phobia capital of the world (Tokyo) and have so few sanitation standards is beyond me. No wonder they have fought so much! No wonder so many of them come here!

That whole area's psychology partly inspired me to study psych. They fascinate me because Asians as a group tend to be socially passive, artistic and by far the most technically and scientifically skilled people but when it comes to politics and war they are the most sadistic and systematically cruel people in the world to both enemies and their own people. Counterproductive, to say the least.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh yes, this is exactly how Georgia was before it decided to attack Russia on the grounds that Georgia would be backed by U.S./Nato forces if Russia entered its borders. We are all very aware of what happened in that area, its like watching an opera you know how it ends but you still enjoy viewing the act.

new topics

top topics

join