It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and the after life ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Assuming for the sake of this thread that , yes there is a God , does that necessarily mean that there would have to be an afterlife waiting for us ?

Are there any religions out there that believe in a god but doesn't have a belief of an after life ?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I would think that it wouldn't be necessary for there to be an afterlife if there is a God.

There is one religion off the top of my head, that doesn't believe in the afterlife. The Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in an afterlife, but rather a mass ressurection.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If you cross a bridge before you come to it then you have to cross it twice.

I do believe in God and I'm sure someday I'll meet him/Her/It. I'll deal with that when it happens.

In the mean time I try to live my life as a decent human being. I help where I can, share what I have learned and pray that my words and actions do no harm to my fellow travelers. That's about the best I can do. If God wants more than he should have given me more to work with.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Trams is right... I am one of Jehovah's Witness and we do not believe in life after death in the classic mainstream way. We solidly back up what we believe according to what the Bible says on the matter.

for further details on our life after death beliefs, please watch these videos:

What happens after our death?

A sure hope for the dead

JW's and the after life

PEACE!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TramsThe Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in an afterlife, but rather a mass ressurection.

Funny, that is still afterlife! If they have some sort of RIP stage, the moment you die and get resurrected is simply like sleeping and waking up the next day only this case, eons could have passed!

Although seriously, when I read the Bible, there are many instances mentioned that after death, the soul isn't immediately judged and sent to heaven or hell. It is rather held by Hades first, then in the time of judgement, after the Earth and all humanity is gone, the souls are then be released from Hades and judged which will be given eternal life and destruction.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
How can we expect to know god and things beyond our lives, if we still have not figured out who we are, and what is the purpose of this life?

I think if you figure out who/what you are, and what is life and the reason, then the rest of the questions will get answers naturally.

So I'll have to agree with mrwupy, you are trying to cross a bridge before you come to it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
So I'll have to agree with mrwupy, you are trying to cross a bridge before you come to it.

It could also be just intuition. One you begin seriously searching for the truth and begin to do things you've never done before, living with animals, traveling to remote places, helping people out, you will begin to feel that there's something out there, you will begin to see miracles yourself, you will have great peace, and when death or very dangerous situations come knocking, you won't fear, you will feel your soul becoming one with the Universe! You will have the clarity of mind in order that you can save people's lives!

I never actually tell people to believe this and that, but I do urge anyone to find it out themselves because these things are best learned through experience, not by theories.

new topics

top topics

join