It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwave Missiles: High-Energy Weapons in the Air Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Microwave Missiles: High-Energy Weapons in the Air Force

www.foxnews.com

New research into high-power microwaves could make them a crucial tool of electronic warfare.

The U.S. Air Force's newest directed-energy weapon program, the Counter-Electronics High-Powered Microwave Advanced Missile Project (CHAMP), would create a weapon that fires powerful bursts of high-power microwaves (HPM), frying the electronics of multiple targets without harming people or other infrastructure.

CHAMP's microwaves could be delivered from pods on airplanes, unmanned aerial vehicles or even retrievable cruise missiles programmed to safely land near their points of origin, says Doug Beason, a member of the Air Force's Science Advisory Board who has worked on directed-energy weapons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theregister.co.uk
www.fbo.gov..." target="_blank" class="postlink">https:
www.defencetalk.com

[edit on 3-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It seem's like every week there is some new hi tech weapon being announced, more and more do we find ourselves to the point were old sci-fi films with ray guns and weird invisible weapons are become reality.

So i guess the next step would be when a man made ufo crashes into a foreign country and the world will eventually be told at the level of technology we have reached. Similar to the stealth technology in the 80's

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Fascinating. Never saw this coming down the pipeline.

Seriously though, you may enjoy this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

At least the OP of that thread may derive some satisfaction, if they connect the dots, this may make sense as a possible low-level test of one of these pods.

I'm guessing they're put together like an old ECM pod, more likely than the cruise missile...

Perhaps a UAV, or even a really BIG one like on an EC-130?

www.193sow.ang.af.mil...

The mind does wander, you know?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Indeed, we are living in a world were nothing should challenge our imagination, as i have often said, what people imagine has or will be created in a very short time.

If you really sit back and look at this from a birds eye view, you generally see that any of form of engagement of humans during battle is being placed at a distance. It is as if, intentionally one is not allowed to view the whites of the enemy but rather push buttons and go home to your family.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Soo, it seems to me that the govt it trying to tell us, well very slowly that we have really really advance weapons, well if we have these weapons, I'm pretty damn sure they have new Aircraft projects. It only make sense. In time you'll see they will tell us about different Aircraft they are working on. I mean look at the F-22, its insane the manuevers it does. Just wait and see people...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paveway27
Soo, it seems to me that the govt it trying to tell us, well very slowly that we have really really advance weapons, well if we have these weapons, I'm pretty damn sure they have new Aircraft projects. It only make sense. In time you'll see they will tell us about different Aircraft they are working on. I mean look at the F-22, its insane the manuevers it does. Just wait and see people...

Yeah, kind of reminds you of a proud, proud cockbird, huh?

Sometimes I laugh when they have press releases like this... As if this unit isn't currently fielded somewhere, and likely has been for a good while.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If this is being allowed to filter out as you have mentioned what else do they have which is not being mentioned, even more mind boggling is at what level is the Russian hi technological advanced weapons systems are at.

Well there are few reposts that russia does have plasma coated high orbital planes but thats only on a few sites with no real official stating that it does or does not exist.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Someone needs to invent something like Bubble Boy has . . . except to protect our stuff from interference . . . we could all live inside a giant EMP proof box

This is a bit disturbing though . . .

And those HERFS? I will start looking out for those suckers.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Interesting you bring that up... bubble boy is actually not too far off the mark... Perhaps, "cage boy"???

www.unitedstatesaction.com...

That, and lots of lead or gold. Microwaves don't like that sort of thing from what I understand.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I guess they could use microwave from leo systems to hit particular battlefields before any initial strikes. Something similar although not the same as to what the U.S. had done prior to ground forces going into iraq by exploding bombs with some form of carbon based element above power stations which created the initial black out.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Read this thread, or at the very least the OP, and draw your own conclusions.

These have been around since the '50's or sooner. Very easy to make, assuming you have the caps...

In theory, a large enough charge, suddenly discharged in sequence by explosive or other means.

It could take out a few blocks. In every direction...Yeah.

In other words, a rechargable non explosive unit is most likely attainable, or has been already...

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Wasn't this used in the initial Iraq invasion ?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Wasn't this used in the initial Iraq invasion ?

How would I know? I'm just a dumb grunt...

Do the math, form your own conclusions. I'd say it's a safe bet that these particular items have been extensively field proven.

Yeah, that means the sandbox.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Pretty soon we'll have robots fighting all of our wars for us

Aliens Mind

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

That's what I'm guessing, to some extent. I wrote a thread two months ago about some of the technology for public view... Much of what I have on there is at least a year or so old... any updates to this sort of thing appreciated! :

I'm not trying to hijack the OP... just a "sidebar".

Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

Not too worry about the thread part.

As we can see every ten to fifteen years we see a major war, so i guess when ever and were ever the next war is too develop i do feel we are going to see a wide range of air/ground and water based drones to clear the hot spots.

I guess we all know the how effective Global Hawk is.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
Indeed, we are living in a world were nothing should challenge our imagination, as i have often said, what people imagine has or will be created in a very short time.

If you really sit back and look at this from a birds eye view, you generally see that any of form of engagement of humans during battle is being placed at a distance. It is as if, intentionally one is not allowed to view the whites of the enemy but rather push buttons and go home to your family.

I think everything you can imagine or anyone else has already been developed. These microwave things have been around for years, and imagine all the people they have tested on to work things out.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Someone needs to invent something like Bubble Boy has . . . except to protect our stuff from interference . . . we could all live inside a giant EMP proof box

This is a bit disturbing though . . .

And those HERFS? I will start looking out for those suckers.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by xxpigxx]

Thats supposedly in the stealth aircraft. It has its own bubble to protect pilots from the em energy, of the stealth systems.
Microwaves are very effective in destroying peoples will to fight, and makes people very tired if used at right frequencies.

They must be using all these things already.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I guess were all going to see some weird scifi weapons that i am sure are going to blow our minds, just not sure if we could handle the info. Although i strongly believe were in for a shock when we see drones in threat areas in battle.

new topics

top topics

join