It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC news anchor bows before President?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

NBC news anchor bows before President?

www.drudgereport.com

There is no article, just a link to the video on Drudge.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
This sure could be considered a bow.
I guess this is to be expected since the MSM believes Obama is the Messiah. What's next? Will the reporter wash Obama's feet?

You know the reporter would not want to intentionally bow during a broadcast because of what people might say, so it must be instinct to bow before one's master.

It's more than a head nod but less than a bow. Perhaps its a bod.

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6/3/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh please, that was hardly a bow. If that's considered a bow, then didn't Obama just bow back? Oh I get it, his was an inch and 1/2 short of the official bow line..

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
On occasion, I enjoy taking a "leap of faith" to consider absurd claims here on ATS.

Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. What nonsense.

It was a nod. Perhaps a closing salutation with respect.

This kind of flea market mentality to criticize anything to do with the sitting President is tiring, and moreover NOT Breaking News. Besides Drudge is a cretin.

Regards...KK

link   
Perhaps they discussed something extremely serious before their separation.

Barack: 'In the following months ahead we're going to need your co-operation.'

Brian: 'But, but sir-'

Barack: *Eyes flicker into slits and lizard tongue flickers out of his mouth wildly*

Brian: *Gasps* 'Yes, your Lordship!'

They exit the room, walk down the hallway, and before they separate, Brian gives 'Barack' a prerequisite handshake for the cameras and a solemn bow of fearful respect.

Nothing more to it, folks.

link   
Lol..that's not a bow.

I do that all the time when I see someone I know and I see others do it all the time.

It's a head nudge..big deal.

I know the media sucks but this is not a bow.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
This kind of flea market mentality to criticize anything to do with the sitting President is tiring

Then I guess payback is hell considering we had to endure 8 years of this when Bush was in office. So please take your faux outrage elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
To me it clearly shows the body language of someone who looks up at the other person and considers him/her as higher/more worthy/above them, or at least has so much respect for the other person that they want to show it and make it adamently clear. I mean, I have much respect for my friends and coworkers, but I don't go head-nudge-bowing for them though... and I do not consider Obama as better or above me.

It's just another indicator of how deep the hypnotic spell surrounding him works. Either the MSM wants to maintain and update this hypnotic spell on occassion, or they subconsciously suffer from it themselves as well.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

This kind of flea market mentality to criticize anything to do with the sitting President is tiring

So please take your faux outrage elsewhere.

Deal. As long as you take your non-news stories back to never-never land.

Regards...KK

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Deal. As long as you take your non-news stories back to never-never land.

Now isn't that the problem. I'm sure you believe anything that would put even the slightest negative light on Obama is 'non-news'.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
OK, here are a couple of instances where Mr. Williams appears rather animated. Perhaps it is his persona.

Watch after he hugs host, "bows" to audience:
www.youtube.com...

Watch his introduction and subsequent "bow"
www.youtube.com...

Wrong much? Please try studying someone's mannerisms before spewing unfounded claims.

DENY IGNORANTS (sic)

KK

[edit on 3-6-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I find this very amusing without sounding rude, but as far as i am concerned i bow to no human.

intransitive verb
:to bend the head, body, or knee in reverence, submission, or shame

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Wrong much?

No.

Please try studying someone's mannerisms before spewing unfounded claims.

The video speaks for itself. I'm sure you realize there is a big difference between making a nod to an audience as compared to being personal and one on one with somebody.

Show me a video of him doing the same thing to Bush, then you might have a point, otherwise you are just twisting in the wind. I'm sure he has done interviews with Bush over the past 8 years.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't really see why people make a big deal out of a bow. Its just a sign of respect to somebody.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

I do this every time I say goodbye. I never really thought about it being a bow though. I think it shows respect but that is my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That was not a bow.

Come on...

I don't like Obama... but... please.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Ha Ha, that was not a bow - but if it was then Obama was worshiping the news anchore back. I bet the news anchore makes more money anyways.

Obama was respecting the money!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Then I guess payback is hell considering we had to endure 8 years of this when Bush was in office. So please take your faux outrage elsewhere.

So because the left flooded this site with stupid claims, you feel the need to reciprocate in kind? A tit for tat attitude is childish.

Maybe the jounalists (forgot his name) wanted to show a little respect to the President? After all he allowed all those cameras in the west wing all day long, allowing himself and multiple staff to be interviewed and shadowed. He also allowed them to come back the next day to dive into his personel life.

I watched both shows, yesterday and today, the west wing is a series of cramped hallways and offices. It was a burden to those who worked there and they were all gracious to the news crew, with the exception of Rahm Immanuel.

You are taking a small bow of the head way to mean way more then what it was intended.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It was a head nod.

It didn't even qualify for a Japanese style bow.

I was half expecting a room full of reporters on their knees bowing up and down with their arms outstretched chanting "CHANGE"

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Eww, I just had to look.

Brian ought to have his butt kicked up between his shoulders.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join