It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama White House Names June Gay Pride Month

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
To hell with a pride month of any kind.

One of America's main problems at this point is pride. The wrong kind.

What happened to being proud of being American? When did those with darker skin become African-American? Why not just plain ol' American?

We have divided ourselves so much that I fear and am saddened to even think that the American Dream isn't much of a dream anymore.

Why do my fellow countrymen and women choose to fight over issues that were not even intended to be a part our political discourse?

There is a reason that I feel so strongly that we demand our Constitution be restored. Because I hate immigrants? Because I want everyone to believe in the same God that I do? Because I think my skin color or who I sleep with is somehow any better than anyone else? No, of course not.

Our founders knew that when writing our Constitution and Bill or Rights that they were creating a way for everyone that is so radically different to be a part of something. They realized that we are all different, but we all share the same basic human needs.

They gave us that, and all we have done is give it away. Trading in return what the founders despised.

Political division by the people has done more harm to this country that anything a politician could ever do.

[edit on 6/15/2009 by blind.face]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

The declaration of Gay Pride Month hurts nor helps no one. Interestingly enough, my 13 year old daughter told me that she is gay last autumn. I told her I don't understand it but will never stop loving her for any reason and if that is how she feels then she has that right and my support. I also told her she is much too young to know for sure. Her father cried like a baby acting like she insulted him...making her feel ashamed. Less that 3 months later she said that she is not gay, she is bi. Less than 3 months after that she has a boyfriend. So, the confusion caused by all the ruckus is for the kids to sort out and come to grips with. "Gay" seems to be among the most popular subjects in current youth music, videos, and pre-teen experimentation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Similar happened a few years back with my granddaughter at that age.

It's difficult for kids to decipher the confused messages their hormones are giving them at that age. I believe that by acting accepting and non-judgemental, as you did, you are leaving the kid free to backtrack and change her mind.
Whereas making a hullabaloo over it could set the idea into the kid's head that is such a big deal there is no going back, or it could make a stubborn kid determined to stay gay just to prove a point.

I think my granddaughter will prove to be gay for keeps, because she always did get big-eyed looking at girls rather than at boys. But her mum and I are cool with it either way, as long as she grows up happy and responsible.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Will there ever be a "European American" month? It's only fair ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join