It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hal Turner has been arrested...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well Hal may not be on the air for a long time if ever now; This time he went way over the top, he actually does have a case against him by his own words written by his own hand this time. Inciting violence; no matter how many americans may agree with said statements; is still a violation of the 1st ammendment. these are the kind of thoughts and word that should be spoken quietly and in the back dark rooms of rebellion meeting places, not over the air or internet for all to see and hear.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'm aware of who Turner is but by no means a regular listener/reader of website. I find him pretty distasteful ( past history of racism, recent accusations of plagiarism, and general uncouthness), but if I were the PTB and wanted to want to crack down on alternative media Turner would be a logical first choice. He hasn't won any friends amongst the usual defenders of the 1st Ammendment, due to his associations with racism he won't have alot of public support, and hell they might even have a legitimate case against him that would stand up to Constitutional concerns. Some of the things he's said have toed the line between protected speech and criminal incitement IMHO.

It should only be of concern if a pattern emerges of charges against other alternative media. Hal Turner is definately on the psycho/uncouth/crazy side of alternative media. It would be concerning if it progressed say from Hal Turner-to-Alex Jones-to ATS definitely, but right now it looks like Mr. Turner might have finally ran his big ol' mouth a little too much.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
How is this any different from the DJ out in Cali saying that Joe the Plumber should be killed? Yea the guy resigned or got fired but he didn't get arrested.

I agree with a previous poster, this is the gestapo.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Here's my guess on who's gonna be next ( or worse ... ) -

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
People should be allowed to discriminate anyway they wish personally. However inciting violence is not legal and shouldn't be.

My biggest concern is Was the arrest for web based text comments or did he also vocalize the message? Anyone can hack a blog account.

Did he present a risk when he started "leaking" the North Korean related topics etc? Sounds like they are urgently trying to silence someone with a very small audience. Is it a small audience? Is his show completely owned by himself? Or is there an NWO media company running it? Hrrrmph...

Hate speech is a grey area in my books, but I do think people should be allowed to either love or hate who or what they choose without inciting violence. My geneology is regularly hated on but I know that I don't need to do a thing about it as the haters are doing it for me! I personally hate cats, love dogs (especially Grover's dog!) but I don't spend my day writing about how much I hate cats nor do I hurt them. Hell I even pet them ugly lardasses.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

That is my point entirely, first they start with the easy marks. The ones who nobody will miss.

This makes it ok, it sets the stage for them to railroad and remove any dissident voice, movement, leader, web site, whomever may be touting an unpopular anti-establishment type of agenda.

If you dont fight for the Hal Turners and the Michael Savages of the world then you will have no leg to stand on when they come for the ATS's and the Alex Jones's and who knows who will be next. It sets a bad precedent.

This is the first step toward state mandated censorship and it stinks rotten. If Turner broke a law then by all means have him charged. But if they are only doing this to shut the guy up, then this should be an affront to anyone who values their own freedom of speech and personal rights.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It's about time really, I've heard some of him before, and he goes way beyond reasonable free speech in my view.

It will be curious to see if any of the claims of him being an FBI informant come out, I believe I saw the leaked emails on SPLC/ADL/ACLU, or somewhere like that, but of course they could not be really proven.

I thought it would be odd to allow him to do this, as even though he may be able to turn in a few crazies, he probably helps encourage way more of them.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Well then. I have a a real reason to worry. I just authored a thread that has made it around the internet in just a few days. I'm not even a US citizen, so I can imagine what writing a Declaration would do if this is what happens to people who ruffle feathers.

If I suddenly stop posting and no one can get a hold of me on my other sites then you know something happened. Seriously, reading things like this makes me wonder how safe I really am.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, finally our main local MSM has written what the flap is all about:

Hal Turner Arrest

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
Hartford Courant News

He was charged with inciting injury to persons or property and will be presented in a New Jersey courthouse Thursday for extradition to Connecticut.

Last week, he published a post that promised to release the home addresses of state Rep. Michael Lawlor, state Sen. Andrew McDonald and Thomas Jones of the ethics office.

"It is our intent to foment direct action against these individuals personally,'' Turner's blog states. "These beastly government officials should be made an example of as a warning to others in government: Obey the Constitution or die."

And, he added, "If any state attorney, police department or court thinks they're going to get uppity with us about this; I suspect we have enough bullets to put them down too.''

Direct Link

Mod Edit: Direct Link.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Mirthful Me]

Is it an ethics war? Ethics are missing on both sides of this one. But, yeah I wonder how this is going to futher the erosion of free-speech.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well first of all he should know better. You just don't single out individuals after making threatening statements. Of course your going to get arrested due to the possibility the person saying/witting it will follow through with it especially govt. officials.

However that being said is it not what the US has done concerning to war on terrorism? The president himself incites hatred towards anyone whom the govt. classifies as a terrorist threat such as Bush an when he listed the countries in the Axis of evil and even mentioned a few names.

Zero difference between the two. Only difference is it was a verbal attack on govt. officials of this nation had he used officials names from say Iran not a darn thing would be done.

I should say I personally can't stand the guy even though once in a great while he makes pretty good points. If anything chances are he's undergoing a psych eval at some mental institution right now to see if he can stand trial. If that's the case and he starts spouting off his stuff there he will be placed on meds for paranoia/delusions etc.

I don't like the guy but I definitely feel for him I'm sure he's thinking right now that was a stupid amateur mistake. Or at least I hope so if not then he truly has gone off the deep end.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Did your post repeatedly and over and over call for the death of certain groups? Did it encourage violence? If not, I doubt you have anything to worry about, Turner has been calling for violence seriously for years.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
They are ticked off that people are turning away from main stream media, in search of answers.

The government did a fine job of ruining their own reputation and credibility.

People simply dont trust them anymore. I think Bush was the icing on the cake. He said "We are not in a recession" less than a month later Bernanke said "we have been in a recession since Dec. 2007.

If we cant trust our Presidents to be honest. Who can we trust?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Turner has been calling for violence for years. I suspect it is his constitutional right to do so. Nuts will always crack and if some followed his advice they would be in prison, but He can say anything he wants.

A normal, mentally healthy person can listen to him for 5 minutes and determine he needs his piano tuned a bit.

Still this is the wrong way to handle these sorts. Its best to give them a concession here and there to shut them up And keep them quit. Arresting them and making a media circus only adds validity and public attention to their claims and thereby gives them a larger audience.

I don't like racists of the white, black, brown, yellow, or red types. We are too advanced as the human race to still be even considering racism as anything but a museum display behind glass somewhere to remind future generations of the past mistakes.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

*OR* that just makes you end up looking crazy in the eye of the public for supporting obvious loudmouthed bigots, so nobody takes you seriously in more important cases.

Boy who cried wolf, and all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join