It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Shift to Renewable Energies Happening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.i-sis.org.uk...

In 2008, for the first time, more renewable energy than conventional power capacity was added in both the European Union and United States, showing a [1] “fundamental transition of the world’s energy markets towards renewable energy.” This is the finding of the Renewables Global Status Report released by REN21, a global network based in Paris [2].

Global power capacity from new renewable energies (excluding large hydro) reached 280 GW in 2008, a 16 percent rise from the 240 GW in 2007, and nearly three times the capacity of the US nuclear sector.

This has come in the midst of an historic and global economic crisis, Mohamed El-Ashry, Chair of REN21 points out.

Well, here's a bit of good news for the world. Far too little too late, and not a word about some of the most promising energy breakthroughs going on right now, such as the BlackLight Process, Cold Fusion, Zero-Point Energy extraction etc - but still, slightly good news

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is going to be one of the next big bubbles and will be invaluable in getting us out of this recession and keeping us out.

Its a pity we need a catastrophe, economic or ecological, in order to push us to do the right thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
That is great news except I have been hearing the exact same thing all of my life. Renewable type of energy will have to be done on the private sector, and when it is done they are bought off or made a few offers that can't be refused. Tesla said the the gas engine should replaced by 1909 with electric, but I still have a gas engine today.

When it comes to Renewable Energy, check out Tesla, Stubblefield, Bain just to name a few. They had the answers then and it has not been realized as of yet. The answers are there, but getting it to the “real people” of the world is the problem.

Tru

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I got only one thing to say

Its about time..

Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by truskeptic
That is great news except I have been hearing the exact same thing all of my life.

I don't know about you but I look out my window and see dozens of private gigantic wind turbines in the distance.. with thousands more going up all over the country.

Electric cars and motorbikes on the streets, hybrid's all over the place and pretty much everyone driving cars that get between 30 - 60 miles to the gallon for the past few years.

Its all as a direct result of the price of oil and the amount of Global warming propaganda..

It is definitely happening in Europe.. not too sure about over there.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Yeah better than renewable.
Non consumable.
But all we have is Sun Panels and Wind Mills the charge up batteries.
Thats not much.

MBF

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Gas prices are starting to go up again so there may be more of a push to get something going, but I'm like Tesla, there needs to be more than just solar panels and wind mills. For some reason , the powers that be are concentrating on very few options.

top topics

join