It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever thought?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
reply to post by octotom

How do you square prophecy with free will. One seems to exclude the other?

I always have seen it this way, man is free to choose what actions he takes but no matter the actions it will not change what is destined to be.

If you chose the wrong path the opposite would be the right path which could possibly be chosen by a person who saw what your mistakes where. If you chose the right path in the first place the other person would not have learned from seeing your mistakes and have taken the opposite path. Hence you can choose the path but can not change the outcome.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Unfortunately you got some basic facts about Genesis 3:1-7 wrong.

If you read it again you will see that it was God who lied to Adam and Eve. He said they would die if they ate from the tree of knowledge, but when they did they did not die. The serpent only stated that the fruits of the tree would open their eyes to new knowledge, so they could distinguish between good and evil.

Genesis 3 is one of the most disturbing chapters in the OT. Here is why:

- Since God knows all, he knew that putting the tree of knowledge in the middle of the garden of eden was not a good thing. He set his children up for failure ...

- So telling his children not to eat from it was, let's say, not intellectually honest ;-)

- Adam and Eve had the mental capacity of children. We all know what happens when you tell a child not to do certain things. They will always try and find out for themselves. Can children be held responsible, especially knowing that they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

- Why is knowledge a bad thing in Christianity?

- Since God created the serpent, he also created "evil".

- Adam was told to "rule" over his wife ...???

I could go on, but I guess you got where I'm going with this.

I'm looking forward to reading your reply.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes
reply to post by Nichiren

God is not bound by any sort of time or space. That is what people need to understand. Therefore no matter what choice we make he knows the outcome of it regardless. Thus the prophecies.

Sorry, but that's a cop out and logically wrong. If you are truly free in your will no entity can predict one outcome / prophecy. By writing down a prophecy you have restricted the infinite timelines ...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Seems like nobody is willing or able to respond ...

[edit on 7-6-2009 by Nichiren]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join