It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire passes gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by ImzadiDax

Please don't give me the crap that people are born gay. That's horse crap. Are you telling me that people are born pedophiles or rapists? All sexual disfunctions. People try the whole bull thing of trying to convince themselves that even though they are living against nature that somehow they are not at fault for it. Hey, if that makes them sleep better then whateva. According to the logic of homosexuals they say they can't help who they are attracted to. Tell me the difference between a man attracted to other men, and a man attracted to 15 year old girls or to dogs or sheep. What's the difference? I'm not talking about the act itself, but rather the attraction. Why is someone with an attraction to the same sex supposed to be ok but someone with an attraction to teenage girls or animals considered perverts? There is no difference according to homosexual logic. Why do you think we were born men and women? If we were intended to all have sex then why two different genders?

Crap ya say?? I got married. I tried to be what you would say is 'normal'. I found it to be very ABnormal for me. You CHOOSE to be straight do you? Does that mean you can also CHOOSE to be a lesbian/gay? Have you done what I have done 'to make sure' thats thats who you really are then?

Look around. God made the animals gay too, but I guess its their choice? Does your God judge them?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I'm saying God did not make you that way. I'm not attacking you either, but it makes no sense to me,,,, I'm gay so I'll blame it on God so that it's ok. I wasn't born heterosexual. Sexuality comes on at puberty. If homosexual tendacies come into the picture it's not until then. So how can you say God made you a lesbian when you lived 12 or 13 years or more before you became one. The correlation to murder is this,,,,,, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, lying is wrong, stealing is wrong, and yes murder is wrong. Breaking one of these laws and justifying it by saying God made me this way is not right. Did God make Ted Bundy a murderer? Believe me I'm really not attempting to offend here just trying to understand the logic.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I do not really care one way or the other about gay people getting married. I do not understand the gay preference however i do not see how it takes away from the value of my marrige. I think if they are allowed to get married it would help greatly in the whole promiscuous stereo type people put on them.
I also think that religion has little to do with it, it is just something one side throws at the other out of lack of understanding of the other's views.
If it was put to a vote and it passed it is what the people wanted and that is what is importiant. The people got what they wanted and a government agency was not able to stop it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm saying God did not make you that way. I'm not attacking you either, but it makes no sense to me,,,, I'm gay so I'll blame it on God so that it's ok. I wasn't born heterosexual. Sexuality comes on at puberty. If homosexual tendacies come into the picture it's not until then. So how can you say God made you a lesbian when you lived 12 or 13 years or more before you became one. The correlation to murder is this,,,,,, the Bible says homosexuality is wrong, lying is wrong, stealing is wrong, and yes murder is wrong. Breaking one of these laws and justifying it by saying God made me this way is not right. Did God make Ted Bundy a murderer? Believe me I'm really not attempting to offend here just trying to understand the logic.

I dont blame God. I thank him for the things he has given me. For showing me the truth of myself. I didn't become a lesbian as a teen I 'knew' I was different waaay earlier than that.

I dont know if he made Bundy a murderer.

Saying God made me this way may not seem right to you, but it IS the truth.

And.. I take no offense. You are struggling with this issue as are we all. I understand.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Well,,, first what would make you think animals have souls to judge? Why would God make them with souls and then tell us to eat them? There is nothing Biblical to suggest that animals have souls. Second, animals do not have sex for pleasure,,,, it is either for procreation or a show of dominance. So no God did not make anything gay. Yes I chose to be heterosexual. It is the normality of nature. Men and women are made for each other. Their parts fit. A woman's parts don't fit with another woman's. What do two women do when they have sex? Emulate heterosexual sex. Plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Well,,, first what would make you think animals have souls to judge? Why would God make them with souls and then tell us to eat them? There is nothing Biblical to suggest that animals have souls. Second, animals do not have sex for pleasure,,,, it is either for procreation or a show of dominance. So no God did not make anything gay. Yes I chose to be heterosexual. It is the normality of nature. Men and women are made for each other. Their parts fit. A woman's parts don't fit with another woman's. What do two women do when they have sex? Emulate heterosexual sex. Plain and simple.

You dont think animals have souls? Oh see I do. How can they not have souls yet be in heaven?

What do two women do when they have sex? Emulate heterosexual sex.

Uh... no. (there needs to be a throwup smiley
)

We are at an impass. Hugs to you, and all respect for standing up for what you believe in,
Dax

[edit on 3-6-2009 by ImzadiDax]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Im going to elaborate on what somebody said earlier and I find is very true.

Homosexuality is as much of a sexual dysfunction as pedophilia, necrophilia, and zoophilia. These are all abnormal attractions to things other then what nature intended. Did god make these people this way? The answer is yes.

In these paraphilias, the human brain is attracted to something, and no, the person does not have control over it. There is a whole list of different attractions listed on wikipedia (en.wikipedia.org...) and each one in itself is something the person cannot control.

Do you think pedophiles choose to be attracted to children? How about the people who are attracted to animals? These people are often absolutely ashamed of the way they are. Is it their fault they are like that? No. Should we encourage it? No as well.

In the same sense, homosexuality is something that cannot be controlled. If somebody is attracted to something sexually, no matter what it is, that is the way their brain is wired.

So if you want to support homosexuality, you must also support pedophiles, necrophiles, zoophiles, and every other person who is attracted to something that they have no control over.

(Because I know somebody is going to try to twist this around, I am not supporting sex with children or animals. I am merely stating that many of the times it is a psychological issue that the person has no control over.)

[edit on 6/3/2009 by deadline527]
This has NOTHING to do with raping children or having sex with animals. This is only talking about the way someone is sexually attracted to something. It can be said the same for people who prefer large breasts vs small breasts, or fat women vs skinny women. Its a psychological attraction, and homosexuality is in the same boat as any other attraction that is not what nature intended.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
Im going to elaborate on what somebody said earlier and I find is very true.

Homosexuality is as much of a sexual dysfunction as pedophilia, necrophilia, and zoophilia. These are all abnormal attractions to things other then what nature intended.

No.

Just no. You couldn't be more wrong.

You cannot compare love between two consenting adults to child abuse, attraction to corpses, and raping animals. There is absolutely no parallel to draw there. If you cannot draw that distinction, then there is no hope for you.

It's really easy to see the mindset of the 'anti gay-marriage' crowd based on posts like this one.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Thanks for displaying your ignorance. Did you not read the whole thing?

I was stating the ATTRACTION is the same. This has nothing to do weather they act on their attractions or not. It has to do with how the brain is wired, and what certain people find sexually attractive. Some people find the same sex attractive, others animals, others children.

Homosexuals are unable to change the fact they are sexually attracted to males.
Pedophiles are unable to change the fact they are sexually attracted to children.
Zoophiles are unable to change the fact they are sexually attracted to animals.
Necrophiles are unable to change the fact they are sexually attracted to corpses.

Get it yet?

Psychologically they are the SAME. They are all an abnormal sexual attraction to something other then what nature intended.

Maybe you should read the whole thing before you jump to a conclusion. In no way, shape, or form did I compare homosexuality to raping children or having sex with animals. If I did, I would one hundred percent agree with your post. But, since you obviously did not read the whole thing, I will await your next post.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I was stating the ATTRACTION is the same. This has nothing to do weather they act on their attractions or not. It has to do with how the brain is wired, and what certain people find sexually attractive. Some people find the same sex attractive, others animals, others children.

Yes, and I'm saying the ATTRACTION isn't the same.

I have a friend who is a lesbian. Her attraction to other women is not a sexual dysfunction, it is love. Two adults feeling love for each other cannot be compared to wanting to have sex with an animal, corpse or child. If two people love each other, and they decide to act on that love, it is not dysfunction. It's really love that makes all of the difference.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd

Yes, and I'm saying the ATTRACTION isn't the same.

I have a friend who is a lesbian. Her attraction to other women is not a sexual dysfunction, it is love. Two adults feeling love for each other cannot be compared to wanting to have sex with an animal, corpse or child. If two people love each other, and they decide to act on that love, it is not dysfunction. It's really love that makes all of the difference.

I do agree that love between two people is something that cannot be changed no matter what. But, there also must be something that attracts you to that person specifically. This is usually physical, as in their looks. The attraction to the same sex, I will argue, is no different then the attraction to anything else. Its all a matter of neural processing and how the brain works. It cannot be changed.

Also, you say it is not sexual dysfunction, but love. I would love to hear your take on NAMBLA, the National Man Boy Love Association. They claim the same statement, that their is a love between them.

You do not immediately fall in love with somebody. There has to be an attraction first. This attraction is what cannot be changed. Not for homosexuals, nor pedophiles, nor anyone.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I'm going to disagree with you there pilgrim. A man can love a man and not have sex with him. When they engage in sex it becomes homosexual(sexual). A woman can certainly love another woman without having sex with her. There seems to be a bit of confusion. We are talking about attraction, not action. Being attracted to something out of the ordinary is a dysfunction no matter how you cut it. So for a minute, leave out the actions and focus on the attractions. Ted Bundy said that he could no longer become aroused by simple sex anymore and that the person had to be dying or dead before he could ejaculate. I see so many similarities.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

People were getting married before there was a Bible. Get over it. I love how people try to define marriage. Judaism used to allow polygamy. Many of your biblical heros were polygamists. Women used to be considered to be chattel. They no longer are. Perhaps, we should bring that back, too. Women should be the property of their husbands.
I'll tell you what, why don't you leave it to God to decide what is right and wrong about this. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Animals don't have sex for pleasure? Really? They don't have an endorphin rush when they have sex? That's news to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by Christian Voice

Animals don't have sex for pleasure? Really? They don't have an endorphin rush when they have sex? That's news to me.

I'm going to have to agree with ya here. Animals most definitely do. Hell, I believe some species such as primates actually masturbate.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So, animals are emotionless, soulless robots and I, according to some in this thread, chose to be heterosexual at some point in my life. Strange, considering I don't ever recall being in a conundrum over whether to pursue men or women.

Sorry, but sexuality is like your ethnicity - it can't be chosen.

Anyway, good for New Hampshire. I'm still in awe that Iowa, of all places, legalized gay marriage.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

Sorry skippy, you can choose your sexuality. You choose to have sex with another man or woman. You don't choose to be black or white. There's no comparison. At some point in your life even after learning about sex and babies you had to make a choice,,,, "HHMM I know that sex is designed to procreate, and that my sexual organs match that of the opposite sex but that just doesn't cut it for me. I need to have sex with someone of the same sex." It's a choice plain and simple. Problem is you either start convincing yourself that it's not wrong or you just don't care. It's the exact same for a pedophile or anyone else. "HHMM I know that sex is designed for procreation and for consenting adults but I need to have sex with a young girl." Then he chooses to carry out that idea. Ted Bundy chose to carry out his ideas of rape and murder. He said he was only attracted to someone dying at that moment. Attraction. The whole consenting adults does not fit into the equation at this point. It's the attraction we're talking about.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   

At some point in your life even after learning about sex and babies you had to make a choice,,,, "HHMM I know that sex is designed to procreate, and that my sexual organs match that of the opposite sex but that just doesn't cut it for me. I need to have sex with someone of the same sex." It's a choice plain and simple.

Hahaha. Really?

At what point in your life did you "choose" to be straight? I know I certainly figured it out way before sex-ed. I recall thinking about girls before I even realized what I was doing. People don't choose to be gay any more than you or I chose to be straight. Its something that comes naturally.

If you seriously decided one day 'I'll have sex with women because its for procreation', then I seriously suggest you re-examine your sexual identity. I remember having feelings for girls years before I even knew what sex was.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It's amazing how much time and energy this marriage thing takes up.

Why the hell does government have a hand in marriage in the first place one way or the other?

Why the hell do people who personally feel same-sex or multiple partner marriage is a "bad" thing care one way or the other if somebody else practices it? So you think you're god disapproves? We'll that's really nice and all but so what? What do you care if you're god judges somebody else to damnation?

Everybody from door-knocking church recruiters to the damn POTUS should just mind their own business and leave people the hell alone. This has absolutely nothing to do with anyone outside of the marriage agreement which doesnt include government and doesnt include youre god.

Such a waste of time and energy on an absolute non-issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well done New Hampshire!! Hopefully the rest of the states that still disallow it will follow suit and just make it legal. There really isn't any reason in my opinion why gays should be treated any diffrently than anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join