It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics prove evolutionary theory.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I do hope the title got your attention.

Now has anyone ever tried to argue with a skeptic? It’s like trying to talk to a monkey. Thus I believe with a little study, and hard work we will be able to prove skeptics are possibly the missing link or at least a primitive form of man.

My proposal:

Since the dawn of time science has be held back by one kind of person, the skeptic.
Whether this is a religious zealot, or a scientist refusing to push forward, our very existence has been dulled, and our sciences stunted by their existence. Leonardo, Galileo, Newton, Wallace, Darwin, Einstein, Von Braun, the list is nearly endless. Scientist held back by the refusal of others to accept the possibility of their claims, instead of encouraged going further.

The closed mind of a skeptic is incapable of understanding anything but what they are taught. (Like monkeys) The idea of expansion of science in any form beyond their programmed ideology (once again, whether religious, or scientific) scares them so that they are forced to recoil.

Once their theories have been proven invalid, or inefficient they begin picking apart phrasing, and casting insult without reason. (Much like a monkey throws poo) they begin to struggle with their own wording until they appear foolish to all but themselves.

I propose that the chromosomes of these closed minded individuals go under careful scrutiny, and if my hypothesized defects are found, they should be exiled from society. The hopeful end result would be the dominance of the alleles of pure thinking individuals. Plus a boost to our own evolutionary process as a population.

(this is of course a spoof, intended to make fun of skeptic, please don’t take it too seriously)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Now has anyone ever tried to argue with a BELIEVER OF DELUSIONS? It’s like trying to talk to a monkey. Thus I believe with a little study, and hard work we will be able to prove BELIEVER OF DELUSIONS are possibly the missing link or at least a primitive form of man.

My proposal:

Since the dawn of time science has be held back by one kind of person, the BELIEVER OF DELUSIONS.
Whether this is a religious zealot, or a scientist refusing to push forward, our very existence has been dulled, and our sciences stunted by their existence. Leonardo, Galileo, Newton, Wallace, Darwin, Einstein, Von Braun, the list is nearly endless. Scientist held back by the refusal of others to accept the possibility of their claims, instead of encouraged going further.

The closed mind of a BELIEVER OF DELUSIONS is incapable of understanding anything but what they are taught. (Like monkeys) The idea of expansion of science in any form beyond their programmed ideology (once again, whether religious, or scientific) scares them so that they are forced to recoil.

Once their theories have been proven invalid, or inefficient they begin picking apart phrasing, and casting insult without reason. (Much like a monkey throws poo) they begin to struggle with their own wording until they appear foolish to all but themselves.

I propose that the chromosomes of these closed minded individuals go under careful scrutiny, and if my hypothesized defects are found, they should be exiled from society. The hopeful end result would be the dominance of the alleles of pure thinking individuals. Plus a boost to our own evolutionary process as a population.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

That made absolutely no sense. How can someone able to think beyond the norm or “believers of delusions” be a bane to science.

Not to mention the nonsense of a “believer in delusions” believing what they are taught. Did you actually think about this comment, or is this just a vain attempt at debate.

Now I can understand why you would try to use my own logic against me, being that you are incapable of anything but mimicry. (like a monkey)

Thank you very much though, for proving my point in it’s entirety. (you do realize that is what you just did right?)

[edit on 3-6-2009 by NRA4ever333]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Uurrrgh! Whilst I'm an evolutionist myself and love discussion for the sake of itself, I see this thread rapidly descending into Trolling, if it's not Trolling itself... now I enjoy an occasional Troll myself, but it seems a bit much to start with that intention.

I think the most inflammatory part is concerning "exiling" - Aryanisms anyone?

Personally, I'm against god (even if proven to exist - I'm against it) and I also believe in evolution, but I'm open to the possibility that I'm wrong, that we might not know everything.

Still, I'm in on the side of the OP - to a degree...

...so let's bring on the Trolls - mine's called Pillow Pants.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Actually the whole idea was to base my proposal on nazi propaganda. That is very perceptive of you. However this was not done in any intended support of racism, which is why I put the disclaimer at the bottom.

The main purpose however, was to hopefully show the ridiculousness of being closed minded to new ideas. Now I in no way endorse believing every crazy theory out there, just to keep an open mind while reviewing the data, and try to think beyond what is understood as normal.

You will have to forgive me, but I am new to this whole posting thing, what exactly is trolling?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by NRA4ever333]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
hmmmmm alot to think about

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NRA4ever333

Cool, I thought that was the intention - the mention of that last statement "potentially" being racist, was just that. I like the concept of this thread, but fear it will descend into mud-slinging. It might've been better to mention that in the original post.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

The urban dictionary definition is funnier...

...and my little funny was a film reference - bonus points to anyone that guesses.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Off Topic Troll Thread

Neither the topic of this thread, nor the opening post, have anything to do with 'Origins and Creationism Conspiracy'.

It is a simple anti-sceptic rant, fit for General Conspiracies or BTS at best.

It is also couched in language intended to provoke an emotional reaction from other posters. It's a troll thread.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

From what I have seen, everything you do on abovetopsecret.com is off topic banter used to get a reaction. By coming here you only confirm my suspicions that all you want is attention. (But you should be honored, I was thinking of you when I wrote this thread).

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NRA4ever333
From what I have seen, everything you do on abovetopsecret.com is off topic banter used to get a reaction.

And you've been here what - a week?

Stick around and you'll change your mind. If you don't get banned first, that is. Believe me, you're cruising for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

It’s amazing, everything you say just proves my above proposal more and more. God help me, I love skeptics.

They don’t even realize when they are the subject of study, and play right into it. I am certain this stems from their Ideology of absolute truth, and it would be impossible for them to be scrutinized, in any real way.

Fascinating

[edit on 4-6-2009 by NRA4ever333]

top topics

join