It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda eyes bio attack from Mexico

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by Diplomat
They should just attack the government or people affiliated with the goverment because they are the ones who continue to meddle in the affairs of middle eastern countries, not regular civilians.

You will have to have a stern talk with Osama about that.
He does not seem to share your sentiment.

His statement today said:

the American people should prepare to continue to reap what the leaders of the White House are sowing."

[edit on 6/3/09 by makeitso]

Well it actually is the American people's fault that these traitors continue to infiltrate our government. That doesn't mean they should die, but they are responsible in a way because they continue to let the same B.S. continue. I still think if they MUST attack someone it should be the people who are directly involved in the meddling of the middle east, which are those in the government giving the orders. Leave the civilians alone.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Causus belli; a pretext for invasion.

Soon, I'd bet.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yes, I know they attack civilians and that is exactly my point. They should just attack the government or people affiliated with the goverment because they are the ones who continue to meddle in the affairs of middle eastern countries, not regular civilians.

That would be at least be normal but back to reality. They don't do this hence why they are terrorists. The only reason for their existence is to kill civilians which is another reason why they cannot be reasoned with nor can any sort of peace treaty ever be forged. They must simply be destroyed.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Yes, I know they attack civilians and that is exactly my point. They should just attack the government or people affiliated with the goverment because they are the ones who continue to meddle in the affairs of middle eastern countries, not regular civilians.

That would be at least be normal but back to reality. They don't do this hence why they are terrorists. The only reason for their existence is to kill civilians which is another reason why they cannot be reasoned with nor can any sort of peace treaty ever be forged. They must simply be destroyed.

Destroying them is not the only solution. Another solution would be to drastically change our foreign policy. We should get our troops and bases the hell out of that middle east region and then maybe the "terrorists" will stop wishing death on our country.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Another solution would be to drastically change our foreign policy.

What specific policy are you refering to?
Please tell me what specific policy you would change that the terrorists would say, "ok, now we like America and will stop terrorizing them".

We should get our troops and bases the hell out of that middle east region and then maybe the "terrorists" will stop wishing death on our country.

The leaders of a particular country let us have bases there. So following your logic, if the reason for the terrorists attacking America is because of bases, then wouldn't the terrorists be bombing and killing of every country which we have a base in?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

then maybe the "terrorists" will stop wishing death on our country.

Maybe?

Maybe if we smile more they will stop.
Maybe if we frown more they will stop.
Maybe if we send them Ice Cream they will stop.

The troops were pulled out of Saudi Arabia in 2003.

This week al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia put out a statement to attack Obama's motorcade when he arrives in Saudi Arabia today.

Pulling troops out worked real well there huh?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso
"No, Osama did release a new video today in which he attacks Obama, and praises the 911 attacks, but this article is not about that."

Osama did not release a video of anything. What was released was an AUDIO of someone the CIA thought sounded close enough to Osama to fool people.
www.comcast.net...
Osama Bin Laden was murdered in 2003 but were supposed to believe he's still alive so folks will be afraid.
And if any 'bio' attacks happen here in America it will be with the full backing of the NWO 'black ops' hidden agenda security forces and not some wayward terrorist who snuck across the Mexican Border. If there was any truth to this at all we would have secured the border long ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

One person to consult if we want to understand those who wish us harm is Michael Scheuer, who was chief of the CIA's Osama Bin Laden Unit at the Counterterrorist Center in the late 1990s. Scheuer is a conservative and a pro-life voter who has never voted for a Democrat. And he refuses to buy the usual line that the attacks on America have nothing to do with what our government does in the Islamic world. "In fact," he says, those attacks have "everything to do with what we do."

Some people simply will not listen to this kind of argument, or will pretend to misunderstand it, trivializing this profoundly significant issue by alleging that Scheuer is "blaming America" for the attacks. To the contrary, Scheuer could not be any clearer in his writing that the perpetrators of terrorist attacks on Americans should be pursued mercilessly for their acts of barbarism. His point is very simple: it is unreasonable, even utopian, not to expect people to grow resentful, and desirous of revenge, when your government bombs them, supports police states in their countries, and imposes murderous sanctions on them. That revenge, in its various forms, is what our CIA calls blowback - the unintended consequences of military intervention.

Obviously the onus of blame rests with those who perpetrate acts of terror, regardless of their motivation. The question Scheuer is asking is not who is morally responsible for terrorism --- only a fool would place the moral responsibility for terrorism on anyone other than the terrorists themselves. The question he is asking is less doltish and more serious: given that a hyperinterventionist foreign policy is very likely to lead to this kind of blowback, are we still sure we want such a foreign policy? Is it really worth it to us? The main focus of his criticism, in other words, is that our government's foreign policy has put the American people in greater danger and made us more vulnerable to attack than we would otherwise have been.

The interventionist policies that have given rise to blowback have been bipartisan in their implementation. For instance, it was Bill Clinton's secretary of state, Madeleine Albright, who said on 60 Minutes that half a million dead Iraqi children as a result of the sanctions on that country during the 1990s were "worth it." Who could be so utopian, so detached from reality, as to think a remark like that --- which was broadcast all over the Arab world, you can be sure --- and policies like these would not provoke a response? If Americans lost that many of their family members, friends, and fellow citizens, would they not seek to hunt down the perpetrators and be unsatisfied until they were apprehended? The question answers itself. So why wouldn't we expect people to try to take revenge for these policies?

To those who say that the attackers are motivated by a hatred of Western liberalism or the moral degeneracy of American culture, Scheuer points out that Iran's Ayatollah Khomeini tried in vain for a decade to instigate an anti-Western jihad on exactly that basis. It went nowhere. Bin Laden's message, on the other hand, has been so attractive to so many people because it is fundamentally defensive. Bin Laden, says Scheuer, has "spurned the Ayatollah's wholesale condemnation of Western society," focusing instead on "specific, bread-and-butter issues on which there is widespread agreement among Muslims."

What bin Laden's sympathizers object to, as they have said again and again, is our government's propping up of unpopular regimes in the Middle East, the presence of American troops on the Arabian Peninsula, the American government's support for the activities of governments (like Russia) that are hostile to their Muslim populations, and what they believe to be an American bias toward Israel. The point is not that we need to agree with these arguments, but that we need to be aware of them if we want to understand what is motivating so many people to rally to bin Ladin's banner. Few people are moved to leave behind their worldly possessions and their families to carry out violence on behalf of a disembodied ideology; it is practical grievances, perhaps combined with an underlying ideology, that motivates large numbers to action.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia is not the only country in question when it comes to these terrorists. We pulled troops out of Saudi Arabia and shuffled them around to other countries on the Arabian Peninsula.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia is not the only country in question when it comes to these terrorists. We pulled troops out of Saudi Arabia and shuffled them around to other countries on the Arabian Peninsula.

The point is that we did pull the troops out of Saudi Arabia.
It didn't change anything, and if they are any example, it won't help anywhere else either.

But maybe if we sent ice cream...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Another solution would be to drastically change our foreign policy. We should get our troops and bases the hell out of that middle east region and then maybe the "terrorists" will stop wishing death on our country.

Another point I wanted to make regarding this is the lack of memory these terrorists must have. If foreign policy is the problem then I wonder what the terrorists thought when we freed all the Kuwait Muslims. I wonder what they thought when America twice led NATO into conflicts on behalf of Muslim populations with Bosnia, then Kosovo.

Also, you still have not gave me a specific foreign policy which is the reason the terrorists hate America.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Another solution would be to drastically change our foreign policy. We should get our troops and bases the hell out of that middle east region and then maybe the "terrorists" will stop wishing death on our country.

Another point I wanted to make regarding this is the lack of memory these terrorists must have. If foreign policy is the problem then I wonder what the terrorists thought when we freed all the Kuwait Muslims. I wonder what they thought when America twice led NATO into conflicts on behalf of Muslim populations with Bosnia, then Kosovo.

Also, you still have not gave me a specific foreign policy which is the reason the terrorists hate America.

You must have missed my six-paragraph-post. It explains it all pretty well.

But nevermind, one of our country's foremost experts on Osama Bin Laden is probably just a crazy nutjob, right? No need to listen to him.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Diplomat]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I don't understand people who find it easier to beleive that American civil servants are more likely to kill American Civilians that Muslim extremists.

Think about this for one minute. Lets say you think Bush and Cheney are evil and would intentionally kill thousands of Americans
its not like Bush or Cheney actually flew planes into buildings, blew up Spanish Trains or British subways.

If you think the CIA/FBI would have done this, you are nuts. People who become government employees, the ones who apply for the job, not those elected, actually love this country and are very civic minded people. Its rediculous and slightly demented to believe that American government employees would be responsible for these acts.

Did the CIA do the Mumbai attacks? Did the CIA kill Daniel Pearl?

Get real. The danger is the Islamic extremist.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ludicrous! Shenanigans!

Do people (especially our intelligence community) think AQ is this stupid?! Tunnels under the Mexican border, when most of the Canadian border is wide open and they can drive a truck across?! When modified Chevy pickups, and teenagers on makeshift sailboards are getting here from Cuba?! That they will publish their plans in a video? That they will risk tons of resources, a lengthy preparation, and risky operation to make a relatively small impact with a "biological" weapon. Most biological weapons would be highly inefficient in a terrorist style attack. We have some weaknesses such as water supplies and subways, but all in all, they won't get mass casualties this way.

[AQ stop reading beyond this point] They could do far more damage with several DC Sniper style random shootings. They could attack our lifestyle and kill our economy with a couple of mall shootings or bombings, or night club, or sporting events.

I don't think I have let the cat out of the bag here, these terrorist organizations are highly organized and intelligent; they already know how to apply the least amount of assets, with lowest amount of risk, for the highest amount of effect. I just hope and pray that these so-called reports are not the meat of what our intelligence community is preparing against!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Can you say PSYOPS??? That's what this lastest 'scare' is. A man from the grave(something laden?) comes back as the eternal boogie man. What you people are seeing is none other than a grand barometer; guaging whether you people will buy another bogus attack, or will you stand up.

Depending on the publics reaction regarding the disinformation now, will guage the exact 'plan' of shadow rogue NWO govt. attack. Laugh now, but it is your own graves helping to dig.

Let's watch, and see over the coming months what the rogue NWO can create.

And to you PAID GOVT. DISINFORMATION SHILLS, don't worry I'm not going to be back to respond. I'm not paid by the NWO to 'clock watch' in front of a computer.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

You need step out of your "we must protect our borders" box. Your strong beliefs about stopping illegal immigration is clouding your perception of what is really happening. Of coarse it makes sense that securing the borders would benefit American society at so many levels, but that is the Trojan horse. However, the video refers to coming across via a tunnel. Last I checked there isn't checkpoints there.

Why would they have to make a video to carry this out? Hundreds if not thousands manage to find their way back and forth across the border everyday without tunnels carrying presents for the niños .

Why would the bio weapon have to be imported anyway? Everything you need is right here in the good 'ol USA.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

What flavor is your Kool-Aid? Cause I sure like me some Kool-Aid too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join