It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fun of fluid mechanics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Here is an article on topology and fluid mechanics:

www.tam.uiuc.edu...

It is not too long, but it is interesting. I have recently been reading into new theories in mathematics. Although I consider the subject of the article linked above (topology and chaos in fluidic systems) to be an old interest of mine, the main purpose of this post is to see if anyone here knows anything about "singular motion?"

The study deals with the ideas of singularites regarding certain levels of topology (surfaces) and how they interact with dimensions (raising and lowering their dimensional orientation). What's that mean? Two-dimensional motion may acutally be 3 dimensional and only appear two dimensional. It relates to the discoveries made about the properties of singularities in chaotic systems. Basically, all motion may be linked to properties found in singularities... which just might clear up some of the confusion as to why motion is even possible.

Fun stuff

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Wow. That's a new level of chaos theory I've not heard before. It may not be linked to chaos yet, but compare the definitions of the two. Singular motion sounds like...well, chaos. So far, as far as I've read, chaos theory typically applies to static things. It's good to know that it's not that specific, because it would be hard to believe if it was not. Cool find, Protector!

join