It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Market Collapse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Most of the south lags behind the rest of the nation. I lived in Louisiana so I speak from experience. You guys down there will be the last to feel the recession and the last to recover from it. Sorry dude.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Well just today early this morning the state of GA is releasing the unemployment rates and is worst that the state was expecting we are at a very dangerous point.

Now the so call stimulus money that is to go for the construction is been challenged by workers in GA they are asking the government to only hire GA skilled citizens and tax payer to do the jobs and they want background checks.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In the last three weeks there has been two auctions of local contruction co.'s that have gone bust. All their equipment went to brokers from Venesuela. Almost none of it went to local dealers for sale in this state. Our manufacturing base is gone and now our constrution base is on its way down the tubes. I haven't worked in over a year and can't even get an interview with 40+ years of experience. With no income even burger flippers are out of work. Thanks for all the change Washington. It sure has helped us all out!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

You know government work as in defense contractors is still very lucrative, if you have background in the military and your line of work is either in anything related from warehouse to logistics and engineer you may be able to check on military bases.

But depending where you live you may need to relocate.

Our local base may have some jobs in the warehouses as we are a depot.

This is in the MCLB in Albany Ga.

Check on government jobs and go by individual states.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
But wait, this weeks job report shows:

The claims report also showed the number of people collecting unemployment insurance fell to 6.74 million in the week ended May 23 from 6.75 million the prior week. It was the first decrease in almost five months, breaking a string of 17 consecutive records.

.01 million total unemployed less!!!! Everything is getting better!! The stimulus is working!!!!! Thank you president Obama!!!! I can go buy a car now!!!! A Hummer!!!! (oh wait......)

It amazes me the crap put out by the media trying to convince us everything is better........01 million.....hasn't the media heard of those folks who have exhausted unemployment and are off the rolls or have simply given up????

I don't know about y'all, but I am getting angrier and angrier....
.01 million total unemployed less!!!!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by habu71]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

I know that is how the government manipulates data, job loses are on going just because the unemployment filing is down just a fraction doesn't mean that people are still going out of work and with not rights to unemployment.

It only means that good jobs are out and now the ones losing jobs will end up in the welfare lines.

Lets see the statistics on government help applications and see how states are doing, because that is one you don't see been advertises by the government.

Still illegal immigrant don't even qualify for any government help unless they have children born in the US.

Retail is down that means is not money to spend.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by habu71

They are not counting people like me who have run out of Unemployment benefits. At least 2 million people like me have run out of extensions and they are no longer counted! Your right, It s a shill game played to make it look like 'Fearless Leaders' policies are working when they are NOT!

Marg, believe me i have head hunters on my case and nothing is turning up. At 60 years old they don't want to hire you for your experience. They want drones, not people that think for themselves!

Zindo

top topics

<< 1   >>

join