It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Job Market Collapse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
While all eyes are in the markets and their recovery nobody is watching that we are facing the biggest job market collapse in the history of this nation.

Why is that? why our government is keeping a blind eye to this fact.

1. We have lost 44% of the tax revenue.

2. We are losing more jobs that are generated and those are within government.

While the government claim that jobs are been generated they are sugar coating the facts.

In April the health care and government sectors added 96,000 jobs to the economy, meaning the private economy actually lost nearly 630,000 workers.

Health care as a field is exploding, Americans are getting older and costs are rising. There is a lot of money to be made working as a physician’s assistant, nurse, doctor, pharmaceutical provider, etc. That statistic is not surprising, though it should be cause for concern as Americans get poorer by the year and the costs of staying healthy continue to accumulate.

It seems that while one private sector is bringing "jobs" the government is trying provide for the rest, that is not going to work.

Economy Sheds 532,000 Jobs; Planned Layoffs Show Drop

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Everything is falling apart marg.

Seriously, sometimes it's hard to watch.

It's like watching a grotesque horror movie. Everything I see repulses me.

We need a new movie! This one sucks.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
1. We have lost 44% of the tax revenue.

Hey Marg,

Cool thread

I know this is off topic but Im just wondering where you got the above figure..

I was reading an "Intelligence" report from stratfor today which said that the US had only lost 2% of its GDP.. Which seemed completely wrong.

If 44% of tax revenue was lost, wouldn't that mean a lot more than 2% of GDP would be lost?

This is another thing that goes to show the amount of disinfo emanating from the US regarding its financial condition.. obviously the US government is just trying to secure investments and grow confidence.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I been trying to show that while the government keeps changing the wording to make things look better and show the markets are recuperating but what they don't tell you is that with all the billions spend to keep those markets at float it better looks good, but as usual this only temporarily.

Still a nation can never recuperate without a strong work force and job generator.

We lost both, we are not creating any jobs as we lost our industrial base and we are losing our work force.

Now the government needs to address how to increase revenue in order to cover for government spending, but how can they do that if you are losing your work force through a job market collapse.

While the government keeps spending irresponsible they are not even look to the future that the tax payer will be facing.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I usually look at this page. It has a daily update on how many people for laid off and from where. They never report the real numbers on the news, which is why people don't pay as much attention as they should.. Thanks for the thread Marg

www.layoffdaily.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

This was on the USA today,

IRS tax revenue falls along with taxpayers' income

For example, 6 million people lost jobs in the 12 months ended in April — and that means far fewer dollars from income taxes. Income tax revenue dropped 44% from a year ago.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You are all scaring plucky. I am ready to rip the lip off of this thing! Let's get this party started! I want to light a tire fire! Okay...calm. The DOW is only down 60-some points. Breathe.

If things do go south, I am moving down south, of the border, and will burn all the shanty towns and scream with laughter that I am the Goddess of the apocalypse!

Seriously though, I am okay. I just need one day of not hearing about news like this.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

With all the money been funneled to make the markets look alive it better be looking "good", still this only infusions to keep the comatose alive and that is what the Markets are right now.

Look at the overall economy without the sugar coating of better than expected and no as bad as expected and we have now Bernanke telling that the GDP is going to be if already is not 80% down and then asking for the Obama administration to start raising taxes as the deficit is already like Obama said unsustainable and guess what is a big reason to be in a panicky.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Its the same worldwide at the moment, and the only thing that has changed is that the Fed Reserve and the governments have decided not to make the figures dance the same they have for the last 50 years so it is time for bust, I really dont know where the world will go from here, between war, unemployment, natural disaster overdue, 2012
I think we are screwed, I wish I had the balls to just go up to the highlands and drop off the grid

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

That's no joke. I wonder how long this will hold up before it really starts to tank?

Scary stuff indeed...and not a damn thing we can do about it because it's already been set in motion...there is no fixing this without nasty pain for all of us.

Everything is spiraling out of control.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree, I think that Bernanke is getting very scare now, and the numbers for consumer spending are coming out tomorrow and they are expecting a 4% down from last year, I guess the tax returns are running dry.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Yes, that is what I was thinking when they said consumer spending was getting better...it was just tax returns and people spending the little extra money they had...now the numbers should really start falling off.

And Bernanke? He should be in prison...along with Greenspan or anyone else who has contributed to this mess.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Is a lot of people that should be in jail right now but if we are to prosecute all of them we will run out of politicians to run government.

Still all those that voted for the NAFTA, WTO and free trade should all be prosecuted for treason to this nations citizens and hard workers tax payer.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Why does it have to be south. I live in the south and its not to bad. As a matter of fact plenty of good paying jobs down here. So please tell me why does the south have a bad conotation because I would like to know. Also is the north so much better than the south?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

I am from GA and no we are having record numbers of unemployment, actually in the last two years most of the manufacturing in my neck of the woods is gone.

Merck, Cooper tires, bob candies and now Proctor and Gamble is to shed some people.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Still all those that voted for the NAFTA, WTO and free trade should all be prosecuted for treason to this nations citizens and hard workers tax payer.

Couldn't agree more. One thing after another has been done to hurt american production and all workers.

That's a long list btw! Democrats and Republicans.....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Have you seen the news on the H-1bs is now looking at corruption by companies hiring foreigners over America skilled tech? is a law sue been filled and the government is stepping in to see into the allegations.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Thanks for this thread Marg.

I was trying to run a few errands with my girlfriend yesterday when I saw in huge print on our local paper how the government now owned 60% of GM and I turned to her and said, " I feel like the whole world has gone mad, like I am just a spectator watching a bad movie. Every one just continues to go about their business though like nothing is wrong."

The Dow is a false indicator when it comes to the economy. Employment and import/exports are the true indicators and these are still getting worse.

Maybe I should drink the kool-aid and feel better that my portfolio gained .05%!

Bah, I told all my family that there would be a small boom period in the market back in March just long enough to get all the suckers back in to reinvest then the bottom was going to fall out shortly afterward. So far I am half-right. I pray that I am incorrect about the second part though, but I doubt it.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSecretSquirrel

Occurs is a boom that is due to all those billions been funneled to the markets through the financial, still none of the problems has been addressed just sugar coated.

Yes we are not better than last year when the market collapsed.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Why does it have to be south. I live in the south and its not to bad. As a matter of fact plenty of good paying jobs down here. So please tell me why does the south have a bad conotation because I would like to know. Also is the north so much better than the south?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join