It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Pay Homage to the Heroes of D-Day, Imagine if they had Failed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
June 6th, 1944. A day that, although it is too easy to forget the fact, has shaped our world almost like no other in history.

Saturday the 6th will be the 65th anniversary of that historic day and I want to make this thread to pay homage to the heroes of that day, and to their entire generation.

We owe so much to the heroes who paid the ultimate sacrifice on that fateful morning. It matters not where you live, what religion you are, or what you believe in. The facts are our existence would be immeasurably different if those valliant warriors had not succeeded in their ambitious attack.

To them give a thought, give thanks and consideration.

To the German dead at D-day a moment of remembrance too, history judges harshly but time heals, young men doing their duty, to you I also pay my respects.

So I humbly ask of you, on this coming anniversary, to think of the price paid for our freedoms and to ask whoever is your higher power, be it God, Force or Idea, to grant this wish: that all of our fallen should be honoured, and that history does not repeat itself.

Show your appreciation and show they did not spill their bllod in vain, show that we do appreciate, do remember, their sacrifice.

"Lest We Forget"

Peace, Kiwifoot.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

S&F!

I always watch the documentaries about D-Day this time of year and i'm sure the History channel will have them going again this coming weekend.

I always try to put myself in the minds of the soldiers as they are waiting to hit the beach and I cannot imagine the sheer terror they had to be going through at the time. I don't know if I could go through that without losing my mind.

Cheers to a generation of true heroes of all the countries that landed on the beaches of France on that day.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks vets!!!

I can only hope that the will and determination of these heroic individuals is not something that has dissappeared from our combined consciousness.

Thanks for fighting so that I can freely post my opinion.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for remembering the veterans of D-Day. My grandfather was there, and what he told us about it; it had to have been one of the scariest events in his life. Throughout his life he had nightmares about the war and he lived well into his seventies. That experience in his life really left a scar on his soul.

If you all didn't know, the D-Day Memorial may have to close due to funding shortages because of this awful recession we are experiencing. I am looking into finding a way to send a donation. It will be in memory to all those brave men that participated on that horrible day to liberate Europe from the claw of Fascism.

Here's the link to the article about the possible D-Day Memorial closure if any of you are interested.

hamptonroads.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Man that is a disgrace. The monument closure issue.

It's easy for us to forget what went on during WW2, it's like we feel it's 'History', but it's peoples' Fathers, Brothers and Grandfathers.

I'll be marking the 6th in my own way. But I'll be marking it nonetheless.

Kiwifoot

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

I really want to give all you ATS members a chance to pay your respects, so I'm just gonna add this post to get it back on the front page, I feel very strongly about acknowledging DDay vets, maybe this just isn't important for most people of the younger generation.

Anyway, peace to you all, thanks.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I don't think that we can say enough about the importance of this day. If things hadn't worked out the way that they did, things would certainly be different. I think about that on a fairly frequent basis.

I think that this should be viewed as a world-wide holiday.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I feel the same my friend, it's a sad indictment of ATS when only 5 people seem to care. We really are proving the older generations right when they say we have no respect.

If I'd put "Reptillians Landed at Dday for the NWO as a dress rehersal for 911" people would take notice.

Add this to some of the racist responses I've seen in a few threads of late, and the way people treat each other and their creative ideas, I'm seriously considering leaving ATS.

Or would that just let the b@&£€$¥s win?

[edit on 6-6-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Had a grandfather who was at normandy and it was a brave act,even if both the allied soldiers and german soldiers were all being used as pawns and cannon fodder by banking cartels who were funding everyone for maximum profit.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I watched the ceremony today and thought it was a very good speech by the President and I was really moved by the entire thing.
It was great to see some of the remaining heroes in attendance.

top topics

join