It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you do if the Change of the World doesn't happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What would you do if the Change (End/New Beginning/etc.) of the World as it has been predicted, does not come to pass?

Like a lot of others, I've been wondering about the nature of the predictions and followers - simply because it seems to be a large part of our culture (many papers&tabloids have horoscopes, for example). So this thread is mainly here as some kind of social-dynamic open survey, or a platform to share experiences.

I know there are a lot of predictions out there about a changing world - an ending world/a new beginning, world peace, an era of enslavement, etc. - and maybe you subscribe heavily to one or a little bit to all of them, etc.
What does it mean if one passes without the predicted events? What is the relevance of such a failing prediction?

Would you reflect on why this prediction might have been wrong? Do you discard all other predictions that share this flaw? Maybe you discard the whole line of thought, or discard nothing, or just look for better sources? Do you party like bananas if it's a scary prediction (like 2000)? Or do you recheck all your sources to see if you could have known that it was a false prediction?

Basically.. what would you do? And if you have had a prediction fail on you before, what did you do?
If it's not too much trouble for you, it would be cool to know how much you know/knew (in a nutshell), how concerned you are/were, how much you believe(d) in it and the emotional relevance - for example:

Back in '99 I was pretty concerned if computers would really crash/error on the so called millennium bug of the year 2000; it could heavily damage our administrations (imagine getting wrong dates for everything). However, I did not know whether it was true or how it would work exactly, just that computers might go haywire: so I was placing my bets 'n hopes on some kind of urban legend. I wasn't really scared of anything, went out as I normally would (didn't party like it was 1999 at that time yet ;]) - but I was actually quite relieved when nothing seemed to happen; it was very nice to be sure the big scare was bogus.
Since then I've been checking on the theory and indeed the 'big scare' doesn't make a lot of sense. The problem would only arise for programs using just the last 2 digits to indicate a year, but in most cases it was no problem - although some were affected. The millennium bug was just based on bad programming design! Even the early Macs from 1984 had an internal clock of 32 bits, allowing them to run up to 2038. By that time, we should really have switched to 64 bits clocks (sufficient for more than 4,000,000,000,000 years), otherwise we could be facing some real trouble.
You can read more about the real 2038 bug on this site.

Thanks to anyone posting their experience!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by scraze]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Read here for your answer, friend.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same same.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
depends on the change. i am EXPECTING drastic social change within the next... lets say 7 years. if i dont get it, then there will be new indicators of different change for us to look forward to. change is always on the way, but we seem pretty content to stay in our current groove. now if some sory of alien/2012 change doesnt happen i wont be suprised or upset. il go on looking for the more likely social change.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Total control grid will happen whether you know it or not, lol. Thats why they call you and everyone else profane.

Change always happens so your wrong there.

Do not cast us all together saying we say this and that, we are all individuals, who think for ourselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Quite ashamed that I didn't find that thread - however, it is about 2012 specifically, whereas I'm interested in all predictions about the world or society in general.
Thanks for the link though
and quick too!

edit: great link actually! Indeed it has a lot of food for thought; 2012 is such a broad subject that almost all lines of thought must be represented
though I hope this thread will be even more generic (?). Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Campaign to make a real change, and become president.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Total control grid will happen whether you know it or not, lol. Thats why they call you and everyone else profane.

Change always happens so your wrong there.

Do not cast us all together saying we say this and that, we are all individuals, who think for ourselves.

I'm not wrong at all. I'm just asking about the hypothetical situation that a prediction turns out to be false, and experiences of the times that a prediction did turn out to be false. This is an honest inquiry to my fellow man.

I'm not stating nor implying anything at all about current predictions and quite frankly resent your implications that I have done so.

I won't guess as to where you think I casted 'you' all together - but you should definitely get a check on your negativity level. You read something which isn't there - never did I cast anyone in a group. It's really just too bad if you think I did, and it's just really too bad that you need to post such an off-topic negative comment (where the hell is your experience). I'm not one of the guys who has his finger on the Ignore-button, instead I think you have honestly mistaken my thread - but I do urge you to reread my post again and find out where your negativity leaked in.

Tell me which line set you off in a U2U, or post an experience here.
No need to dirty up a thread with unfounded negativity like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yeah op was simply asking waht are our expectations of change and what will our reaction be when that change fails to happen....

lighten up champ, the grass is greener...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Whoops, I think I know what the problem is.. Grammar.

The title should be: What do you do IF the Change of the World doesn't happen.. instead of "when". Guess that's completely suggestive, although I absolutely didn't mean it to be..

I'll see if I can change it :] sorry to all!

edit: there we go. Hope all misunderstandings are hereby avoided :] I mean no harm!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Change IS going to happen, the question is, will it be for the better? If things don't get better they'll be worse. In that case I'll be living in the mountains off the grid, growing a garden and eating weeds with a few like minded neighbors. I don't have any wish to live around the sheeple that are perfectly happy doing the bidding of their corrupt, criminal governments in exchange for the right to have a Big Mac.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
First, my bets are on the Free State Project. If that turns out a dud, then the Seasteading.org project. And if that gets destroyed by government mafias, then the ultimate answer is gearing up for life in space by creating self-sustaining spaceships. I doubt it will happen in this life-time but I guess I'll be helping set up for future generations.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Campaign to make a real change, and become president.

As the Big Change doesn´t happen I will deff. vote for you MR BOB

What change do I like to happen?

Part of that change is already happening: more and more people who feel lost in this social, cultural and spiritual enviroment (the Western view) seek for other ways and look for other oppertunities to change the world in a small way. To turn their back to current economics, weapons, government´s lies etc.

It IS happening now.

I hope humanity will not step into the lie of a next war. Change is seeing there´s no need for any war.

I hope humanity will continue to show empathy to each other, help each other and live in peace.

I hope humanity will stop endulging the rich getter richer and the poor poorer. It´s a lie when politics say there´s not enough for everyone on this Planet. There IS enough but hell yea not for the GREED of everyone.

And to top my hope for changes: I want a mass landing of UFO´s with genuine ALIENS from Outer Space

Or maybe even better I want it NOW

Hopefully the big change of 2012, of the place where we then will be in the Universe will give humanity the Cosmic Energy we need to deal with all the nastiness going on now on the world.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I don't know, but if no one contacts the government about these prophecies all of you probably won't have anything. Everyone go to fbi.gov and whitehouse.gov and send any prophecy you can to them, call them up and give them tips like, with the webbot predictions.

new topics

top topics

join