It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing ATS News! (soft launch) The ATS Press Corps Website

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looking great SO!

Looking forward to my up and coming blog! *evil laughter*

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Very professional, neat, and easy to navigate.

You guys really do things right, I am always impressed with your efforts. Just stay loyal to the theme Deny Ignorance and this could be something really big!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So this is why they changed the mini-profiles to only reward people who post threads. I posted this a few days ago in the issues thread concerning why the removed it.

Next they will be totally removing the discussion aspect and turning this into a news wire, or at least that seems what they are pushing for.

[edit on 6/1/2009 by deadline527]

Looks like I was right, for the most part. They added the flag thing to get people to generate more content for their new news website, not to better the ATS forum which most people are here for. Great way to exploit us as cheap slave labor!

Well I guess it was bound to happen, just found it funny that I was right.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527
just found it funny that I was right.

No... you're wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
LOL, PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME THIS IS TURNING INTO ANOTHER "TAG" ARGUMENT"!!

WOW.............

Anyways I look forward to seeing ATS News prosper S.O.

Even though I prolly won't go there much it is still good to see this site grow by DOUBLE since I joined such a short time ago in Dec. 2007. Great job ATS

[edit on 6/3/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No no no, sorry if it seemed like that JKrog.

And actually, I love the new website. So dont take it the wrong way. I was just merely stating that one could easily make the connection between the two.

I see this as a step in the right direction for people who are unfamiliar with the ATS discussion boards. I could easily see how daunting all the topics may be to a new user, so this puts everything in a easy to read format for somebody who may not have the time to sift through hundreds of posts.

I applaud the website, and just had to reiterate cause it seemed like my post was taken the wrong way.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by deadline527]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

That is cool, I just really didn't want to see this good thing turn into another "war of the tags",lol.

I think that should all be put on the side, at least for this thread,lol. This is something GOOD for ATS, there is no need to tarnish it, you know what I mean?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Indeed.

While I did have fun debating the whole "War of the Tags", this is not the place for it.

I just hope that what makes it to the front page of the news page is thoroughly discussed and made absolutely sure isn't a hoax. With the sensationalism some members tend to apply to every thread as well as the possibility for hoaxes, somebody could easily discredit the website due to one or two posters.

I will be sending this to all the people I know who refuse to sign up to ATS because they deem it to complicated.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Oh I think ATS will make sure nothing too speculative gets published on something flagship like this. But yes, this could add some nice credibility to ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Amazing
now i know my new, news site!

Edit:Oh... just noticed how it links to ats, was wondering if you're going to have local pages for it... i think allot of people will be turned off from visiting ats? :< :>!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by allsop]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How will news be updated? I see that when submitted to the news forum, it will then be put on ATSnews.com. But, is that an automatic process or is someone manually inserting news onto the site?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Wow I just checked it out. I love it! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am so looking forward to ATSnews.com, I will add this to my top 5 daily sites that I view what I start out my day before watching Prison Planet TV...
Bring on the great Alternative News Stories

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Rams59lb]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Welcome to the next step in the "Revolution" we kicked off almost a year and a half ago in New York City...

Revolutions don't happen overnight. They start with a thought in a single mind and are built upon by others who think the same.

Oh to have the resources of CNN...

Give it time.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

just found it funny that I was right.

No... you're wrong.

---

Hi SO. Could you expand on that please?

Decoy

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Looks like I was right, for the most part. They added the flag thing to get people to generate more content for their new news website, not to better the ATS forum which most people are here for. Great way to exploit us as cheap slave labor!

Well I guess it was bound to happen, just found it funny that I was right.

Personally I disagree, I don't know about other people, but the news aspect is the main feature I like at ATS, as I find the members do a good job of aggregating the important alternative news.

Although you could try and say it won't better the forum, I think that it will do this also, as it will drive new people to the forums. This news site looks quite different, and may well end up bringing a different, and hopefully more diverse crowd into the forums.

A couple of people beat me to the word that sprang to mind when I saw the front page, but I'll say it again, as I think it's a very important one.... CLEAN!

I like the use of images, and if I had a suggestion to make, it would be to provide an optional image link/upload entry box in the form for the regular breaking news threads that are made by members, so we can have that nice \[pressimg\] layout in those threads too, then you could use those on the front page also, I think that's such a nice addition it would be a shame to only have it on the press core topics.

Good work so far, and I look forward to seeing what tweaks you make over coming days/weeks based on usage and comments on the system.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

That is a good connection to make I must say. Of course, I think its good for everyone. The more attention ATS gets, the more people will start to critically think. Well, that is what I and hopefully everyone on here hopes will happen. If it brings in more money for the owners, then that is a good side effect.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yep, yep. I am really liking the look and feel of that so far. Good job guys.

So I suppose all the press corps spots are filled?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Woah, I like the new addition already! Go ATS!

Piranha...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
deleted for alien sarcophagi treaty violation

[edit on 4-6-2009 by mandroid]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join