It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How I rid myself of brain fog

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Most people have experienced this in their lives. Some people have this lingering sensation that keeps people from feeling and thinking clearly. If this could be classified as a disease, I think it would be known as an epidemic.

What are the causes of brain fog? What is it, really? Brain fog seems to be the result of pollution & contamination of the human body. It's the bodies inability to detoxify brain pollutants as fast as they are accumulated.

How can we go about turning the tide? Be aware of the sources of pollution.

1. Drinking water- In many areas public drinking water contains fluoride & chlorine + trace elements of various antidepressants. New superbugs are not killed by todays filtration methods!

2. Food- Genetically modified, processed, artificial ingredients. Processed foods modify the natural ratio of nutrients which can lead to nutrient deficiencies -> biochemical imbalances. Each cell of GM food contains a bactericidal which is toxic!

3. Air- Does this really need to be mentioned? Factories spewing millions of tons of aluminum & other waste byproducts into the air. Depleted uranium being used as bullets causing nano-particulates to be spewed out & dispersed globablly.

4. Cellphones- the microwave radiation emitted by cellphones disrupts the blood-brain-barrier allowing toxins into the brain unimpeded. Cellphones also drastically increase the risk of getting a brain tumor.

What can be done about these?

1. Drink spring water. As an antiseptic , add a drop of oregano oil per gallon. This will remove all possible bacteria.

2. Quit fast food. Stop eating processed foods. Purchase a few health books, & cookbooks. It wasn't too long ago that microwaves didn't exist, and people cooked their meals daily. It really doesn't take too much time to cook. You can make enough for several days, & store so to use time efficiently.

3. Not much to be done about the air outside, but you can get an air filtration system for indoors. I'll mention nutrients later, which will help this greatly.

4. Get a hands-free kit. I've heard mixed reports about blue-tooth. I stay away from it. Use speaker phone at least 6 inches away from head. If you must put the phone to ear, be sure to switch ears every few minutes or every other conversation.

What else can be done to get rid of brain fog? The number one thing that worked for me, was using nutrient supplements. When I started using b-vitamins & vitamin-c my mental clarity returned. It did so, almost instantly!

I was essentially chronically ill yet undiagnosed. Constant fatigue, brain fog, memory lapses, weak attention span, lack of focus. Taking a B50 complex along with high-dose vitamin-c cleared this up.

The fruit is in the pudding. Before, I could barely read a page at a time. I was constantly re-reading sentences over and over again. I had many "experiences" in the background of my mind that couldn't be sorted through. A constant nagging for something to be done. After supplementing and providing adequate time to heal, the previous experiences were sorted out. I just needed to provide my body with what it needed to repair itself.

A B50 complex, plus vitamin-c supplements may go a long way towards reducing or limiting ones brain fog. I can only speak from personal experience, but since mine was such a drastic change for the better, I feel the need to share this with everyone I meet. Supplements really have turned my life around.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When I need the fog to lift so I can think better I just get myself hopped up on energy drinks 20 minutes before I do what I need to do.
I like the ones that help you get mentally alert along with a red bull or a performance enhancing one.
I like criss crossing the drinks for a better baboom.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I have an important question about all the precautions we can take? I could get air filtration, water filtration, organic foods, Faraday cage to remove radiation in my home, and a dozen other things, BUT...

...I have a 1 and 2 year old at home. If evolutionary theory is even partially correct. Won't they need exposure to these things to function in our increasingly toxic world?

I have noticed the squeekiest clean houses have kids with asthma and allergies. The whitest skins have cancerous lesions. The rough and tumble crowd that I grew up with hasn't developed these things despite leather tanned skins, broken bones, drinking whatever nasty thing was put in front of them, eating 2 day old pizza off the table, etc.

Are all the precautions damaging our childrens evolution?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Great question. I think you're dead on that we need exposure to these new environmental toxins in order to adapt and evolve. The problem is when the exposure rates bog down the bodies ability to detoxify. Some people get stopped up, and simply slowly wither away. I think senile dementia is something that will soon be known to hit people much earlier than previously expected.

We do need to assimilate into the environment, but we also need to provide our bodies with the extra support needed to get through this stage in evolution. Allow expose, but maximize the bodies ability to adapt.

It's a simple fact that the world is much more polluted than a century ago. At the same time, nutrients have been stripped out of many food sources, often times replaced with artificial ingredients.

I think the best we can do is keep the body below the rate of disease, or chronic infection, so that we give the body the best chance to adapt without casualty.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Good advice, I will try those supplements. Did you hit rock bottom in your fog? The biggest fear is that fog getting so thick that you need a visit from Matt Foley

www.hulu.com...

[edit on 3-6-2009 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
stop thinking in a language.

you dont need words to think.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

No offense, but that is entirely off topic. The vast majority of my processing is way beyond words. What made you think otherwise?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Lol, thanks for that link. Watching that skit now. It's great!!

I did hit rock bottom. That's what motivated me to look into these things. Thankfully, I didn't need support from a homeless freak.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Thanks for your advice. I have thought of this topic often. I think it started after watching the movie "Total Recall" with all the mutants on the moon.

I totally agree that it is a double edged sword, the environment got worse and our nutrition got worse at the same time. We also changed from "fight or flight" stressors, to constant low to mid-level stress eating at us all the time.

Our current work/school/living environment is not at all optimal for our physical and mental structure, and that is why I wondered about our future generations adapting to thrive in it. I currently have well-water, and I am buying more and more organic food.

The next step is to wean the family from television, and yet keep them aprised of current events so they can do well in school. That should be a challenge.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Stop consuming so much sugar and treat any systemic fungal overgrowth.

After you stop feeling like you wanna die - you'll start having less brain fog.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, systemic fungal infections are another reason for brain fog. I can't believe I forgot that one. I think most people have gut dysbiosis. This leads to bacterial & fungal overgrowths.

It goes like this. Most consume chlorinated water or take antibiotics, which destroys internal flora. Candida & other malignant microbes grow faster than beneficial bacteria, and the GI tract becomes compromised. After a fungal overgrowth has matured, spikes begin to pierce through the gut. Food particles & microbes leak into the bloodstream from the permeated gut. Chronic disease, brain fog, etc..sets in as a result.

B-vitamins are usually produced in the gut by beneficial bacteria. Taking these supplements is a quick way to restore health, but in the long run curing gut dysbiosis, leaky gut, sibo, candida, etc...is the way to go.

Oregano oil kills most microbes. It's antiseptic, antibacterial, antiviral, & antifungal. Taking organo oil, peppermint oil, thyme, tea tree oil, cinnamon, ginger etc...will basically be like dropping a bomb in your gut. It'll wipe out a lot. Step two is taking a good probiotic. Kim Chi,Sauerkraut, & yogurt are food sources of probiotics. You can also take powerful probiotics like Bio-K or Jarro-Dophilus.

edit to add: also, about the sugar. Fungi feed off of sugar. This is another reason why fungi infections are on the rise. I remember reading somewhere that the percentage of Candida Albican infections in the early 20th century was somewhere around 2-3%. Now, I think it's the majority!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Hey there, unityemissions. This is my first post here on ATS. I cant send you a u2u yet because i dont have 20 posts yet so i would like to ask you my question in this post. What is your take on whole food vitamins and synthetic? Is there a difference?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Natural food sources have co-factors that help in absorption. Also, with vitamins like E, getting the right kind makes a difference. With other vitamins it doesn't matter at all, like vitamin-c. I take a whole foods b-complex, and synthetic ascorbic acid with bioflavinoids, which helps with absorption.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thank you for your response. I came across these two websites that state whole food vitamins are far superior to synthetic. I think they might be of interest to you. I would like to read your thoughts on them.

www.whale.to...

www.munising.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Good thread. My co-workers and I used to joke about that foggy feeling in your head when you just...can't...complete another task. We called it woobrain because it make you feel like woooooo...with little birds circling your head like in the cartoons.

I know it's goofy, but since then, I have realized that it is environmental and our daily surroundings are the more likely cause. It's good to be educated and take various precautions if you're so inclined.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'm fighting with exact the same problem right now. My concentraion and motivation was getting worse in the last 2 years. Though it could be some disease not yet diagnosed or something, I try to handle this in my own way.

What helps me the most are simple sports. Dialy jogging proved to be very effective. I can think clearly after it and the endorphines feel great.

Also I'm taking fishoil capsules (Omega3 acids) and am drinking Yerba Mate daily. Adaptogens can help a lot as well like Rhodiola Rosea.

I have to add that though you can't overdose vitamin B or C because they are hydrophillic, there are vitamins you can overdose. These are mostly the lipophilic ones cause the can't be flushed out with the water by the body.

A, D, K and E are some of them.

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Bl4cK]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by N3a2Z3

The first link is a bunch of hooey. Vitamin-c IS ascorbic acid. It's what is synthesized in the livers of most animals from glucose. These co-factors are not produced in the liver..I don't doubt that the co-factors help in absorption, but don't think of vitamin-c as being a complex. If you get ascorbic acid with lemon flavinoids at a 4:1 ratio, it will optimize absorption. When researchers are interested in understanding the roles of vitamin-c in health, they look at serum ascorbic acid levels, not all these other compounds.

It's always best to get your nutrients from natural sources, however, it's nearly impossible to raise serum ascorbic acid to levels that can be obtained by swallowing a few pills daily, by eating whole-foods alone. I prefer to take grams of vit-c in the form of ascorbic acid, daily. It would take about a hundred oranges to reach the amount I get from supplements. Not really feasible.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm glad i brought some light back to this thread. I personally think its a very important issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I also suffer from this. 12 years ago I bent down to pick something up from under a bed and as I stood up I felt the mental clarity wash away. It has slowly gotten worse and now I feel as though I can't absorb information or speak clearly. I cannot carry on a decent conservation, and have become an observer to most things around me.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Same. I usually time my intake of caffeine and b vitamins to hit my blood stream around the time when my simple carbs enter my body. Thats when I light up a cigarette and think about Nibiru.

new topics

top topics

join