It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'True' Report on Flying Saucers.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this, some great material here! Starred and flagged.

I agree with you that Major Keyhoe's testimony is particularly interesting, we need more reports of this calibre and less endless speculation about crop circles and lizard people.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dimethylmercury
I agree with you that Major Keyhoe's testimony is particularly interesting, we need more reports of this calibre and less endless speculation about crop circles and lizard people.

Dimethylmercury, thanks for the reply -couldn't agree more.

Don't know if you've looked into the work of Dr James E. Mcdonald but he's another very comprehensive chap:

DR. JAMES E. McDONALD'S UFO FILES

The voluminous UFO research files of a fearless scientist. Dr. James E. McDonald, have lain in a special "UFO room" at his home in Tucson, Arizona for twenty-five years, lovingly protected by members of his family. McDonald was a high-profile contributor to scientific UFO research, beginning in the Spring of 1966 and continuing until his tragic death in June 1971.

Jim McDonald was a top atmospheric physicist. His official title was "Senior Physicist" at the Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) at the University of Arizona in Tucson.

Link

He also did a very good job of debunking some of these very silly USAF UFO explanations.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Another report:

TRUE, March 1950

Navy Officer Tells how scientists tracked a Flying Saucer

by
Commander Robert B. McLaughlin, USN

TRUE's findings are here confirmed by Commander McLaughlin, a rocket expert at White Sands Proving Ground, who worked independently of this magazine's investigation. He reveals how a troup of Navy men and scientists tracked a flying disk with a precision instrument and tells of flights he and others witnessed..

www.nicap.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Free E-book.

The Flying Saucers Are Real

by Donald Keyhoe

[1950]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05f1e943e61f.jpg[/atsimg]

This was one of the first books published about the UFO phenomena. We are fortunate that it ended up in the public domain.

It is a template for much of what would follow: the paranoia, the government disinformation, the inescapable conclusion that the saucers are not of this earth. Keyhoe, with his spare, matter of fact writing style, which also conveys a profound sense of wonder, has to be the prototype for the deadpan Fox Mulder of the X-Files.

On one hand we can see the birth of a key modern mythology. On the other, there is a body of almost naive evidence in this text unpolluted by that very mythology. The case studies are real. The witnesses were highly reliable. These cases are still unexplained.

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Very interesting letter to President Truman from Major Donald Keyhoe, Director of the NICAP, 3 February 1959:

Letter

PDF File

On February 3, 1959, retired Major Donald E. Keyhoe, Director of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP), writes to former President Harry Truman about UFOs. The three page letter with attachments argues that there is a UFO cover-up and press censorship then describes the legal regulations (AFR 200-2 and JANAP 146) that officially invokes espionage laws in relation to both military and civilian pilots reporting UFOs. Here is a sampling of some quotations: "One of our aims is to expose frauds; another is to convince the press and public that this is a serious problem despite the ridicule...caused by the official debunking policy, which is now used to obscure the concerned and intensive investigation of Air Force and other agencies," or "There is a mass of evidence supporting our claims as to UFO reality and official censorship," or "As Admiral Hillenkoetter told me some time ago, the only way to break the secrecy is by means of open hearings on Capitol Hill."

The attachments to this letter are equally interesting, included is a long list of names and occupations of 120 witnesses to UFO events, mostly pilots, military officers and credible civilians; many have direct quotations about their sighting or the UFO enigma. Two short articles are also included, one on UFO censorship and the other titled "Radar Absorbing Material May Create Serious Problem.".

Link

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Does anyone think that the first link posted in the OP now coming up as a "Mal-ware Attack Site" by Google is purely a coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

It does make you wonder though... Hmmmm. Is anyone else getting that?

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This British documentary has new rare UFO research:

"Stranger than fiction: The Real Flying Saucers"

by Carmen MaCrae

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jocko Flocko
Does anyone think that the first link posted in the OP now coming up as a "Mal-ware Attack Site" by Google is purely a coincidence? I THINK NOT!!!

Google says tdstraff.net infected 116 domains over the last 90 days, so it looks like they (tdstraff.net) infected or hacked the domain in the OP, which may be one of the 116 domains infected.

I have no idea what you mean by "not a coincidence"?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hehe, I was just leaning towards the "comical" notion of a government conspiracy of labeling these types of websites as "Malware Attack" sites Karl. However, I wouldn't put it past them in regards to websites that host government documents on the UFO subject. It would be a heck of a tool to suppress the flow of information. Google already does what it's told to by China, I'm pretty sure they would abide by the same types of orders from the US...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Here's your boy Donald Keyhoe in an interview conducted by no less than Mike Wallace. I lol'ed at how in the tank Wallace was for the government. Watch and be amazed.

www.hrc.utexas.edu...

Great interview. Wallace seemed to have an agenda.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Hello, I am Lorie Kramer, the author of the True Report pages and owner of seektress.com. A week ago my site was indeed hacked. It has been cleaned, reviewed by Google, and those warnings have been removed. This is the second time my site has been hacked in the past 5 months. The first time was a weak attempt that was an easy fix. This time was much more sophisticated and involved working with my ISP as well as Google to get the stuff identified and fixed. None of it was generated by me. It's good to go now, and things have been set up to prevent further attempts to compromise the site. Google has removed the warnings because the site is secure. I am sorry for any inconvenience, but I had nothing to do with it, and am pretty pissed about it, if you want to know the truth. Anyway, enjoy the pages.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seektress
Hello, I am Lorie Kramer, the author of the True Report pages and owner of seektress.com. A week ago my site was indeed hacked. It has been cleaned, reviewed by Google, and those warnings have been removed. This is the second time my site has been hacked in the past 5 months. The first time was a weak attempt that was an easy fix. This time was much more sophisticated and involved working with my ISP as well as Google to get the stuff identified and fixed.

Seektress, thanks for posting and and kudos for your work on the True report pages - very important reading IMHO.

If I remember rightly the website Ufologie also had a lot of problems a few months back but I don't know the specifics.

Cheers.

Hehe, I was just leaning towards the "comical" notion of a government conspiracy of labeling these types of websites as "Malware Attack" sites Karl.

Hey bud, I think you were replying to Arbitrageur there instead of me but I agree that its certainly plausible.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Seektress, thanks for posting and and kudos for your work on the True report pages - very important reading IMHO.

Thanks for the kind words. The pages have been up since about 1999 if I remember right. It's nice to see that they are still being viewed. Cheers backatcha.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I can't start a new thread, so could someone please report that Jeff Rense's sightings.com is back? It went live tonight.

That's right...check it out. I am happy to say The True Report On Flying Saucers is the first to link to the re-newed website. This is good news.

www.sightings.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Great Find and Read!!
Thank you for posting that, S&F.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by seektress

Thats great news - heres another interesting free E-magazine from the site by Brad Steiger and it contains some good articles on the Flatwoods monster case and Hermann Oberth.

Rare 1967 UFO Magazine - The Flying Saucer Menace.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1e6091e57cf.jpg[/atsimg]

This rare publication from 1967 features information and images which you'll not likely find elsewhere on the net in UFO studies and research. Enjoy!

Link

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
reply to post by karl 12

Yeah, radar. I love how the skeptics are so quick to throw radar operators under the bus. They're only responsible for the lives of air travelers.

Here's your boy Donald Keyhoe in an interview conducted by no less than Mike Wallace. I lol'ed at how in the tank Wallace was for the government. Watch and be amazed.

www.hrc.utexas.edu...
Wow , thanks for this , priceless video))

[edit on 11-3-2010 by bluemooone2]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Some great reading about many different aspects of the UFO subject.

The Keyhoe Archives.

The Journal of UFO History - a publication of the Donald E. Keyhoe archives:

Link

top topics

<< 1   >>

join