It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'True' Report on Flying Saucers.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Very rare copy of the 'True' report on flying saucers found with some interesting articles from Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt, Jacques Vallee and Major Donald E. Keyhoe:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a986c6d12585.gif[/atsimg]

EXCLUSIVE PROJECT BLUE BOOK SIGHTING PHOTOS FROM U.S. AIR FORCE FILES

Compiled by the Editors of TRUE after 17 years of exhaustive research.

"Cover photo of actual UFO over Zanesville, Ohio, home"

Link:

www.seektress.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fls13
Awesome stuff! Thanks for posting!

Fls13, no probs matey -theres certainly some interesting reading in there

Radar Confirmation:

In 1952, the Director of AF Intelligence admitted more than 300 cases of radar tracking and visual sightings confirmed by radar. In the ensuing years, there have been at least 2,000 additional radar cases in the U.S. alone. Reports have come from expert operators in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, the Federal Aviation Agency (formerly the CAA) and pilots or radar operators of almost all the major airlines. The same situation exists in foreign countries.
Not only has radar proved UFO reality, it has accurately recorded the high UFO speeds, intricate maneuvers, precise UFO formations- including changes from one formation to another-and other important data which make it possible to evaluate UFO operations and help in the search for propulsion secrets.

Link

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Yeah, radar. I love how the skeptics are so quick to throw radar operators under the bus. They're only responsible for the lives of air travelers.

Here's your boy Donald Keyhoe in an interview conducted by no less than Mike Wallace. I lol'ed at how in the tank Wallace was for the government. Watch and be amazed.

www.hrc.utexas.edu...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yeah, radar. I love how the skeptics are so quick to throw radar operators under the bus. They're only responsible for the lives of air travelers.

Oh, again with the skeptic hating. Are you saying that radar is infallible or something? If I wasn't so busy out trying to tear down organized religion, I'd have a longer response.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Oh, again with the skeptic hating. Are you saying that radar is infallible or something? If I wasn't so busy out trying to tear down organized religion, I'd have a longer response.

Come on back. When I see the Pope working at my local McDonald's, I'll know you're ready to debate. At least he won't screw up my order because he's, you know . . . infallible.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
If I wasn't so busy out trying to tear down organized religion, I'd have a longer response.

Classic

I thought the article on the Exeter Police UFO incident was a realy interesting one.

The Exeter Puzzle

Scores of people, including two highly reputable policeman,
swear that what they saw over a period of weeks in the New Hampshire area - big, silent and glowing - was nothing the Air Force could explain away.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dc80a4c70c79.jpg[/atsimg]

As recounted in John G. Fuller's exciting book, "Incident at Exeter," it stands as probably the best-documented - and most tantalizing - case in the growing mystery of UFO sightings.

The fact that two policeman were among the observers didn't hurt its case for authenticity, either.

Nor the fact that the New England locale is not particularly known for wild-eyed story-telling.

On the warm, moonless night of Sept. 3, 1965, Norman Muscarello, then 18, burst into the Exeter police station, still shaking from having seen, as he was hitch-hiking home about 2 a.m.

"The thing" was bigger than a house, he told Patrolman "Scratch" Toland, with brilliant, pulsating red lights around. It floated toward him silently. Diving from the road into a small ditch to avoid the on-coming object, he watched, terror-stricken. Then it backed off slowly until it had reached a sufficient distance for him to get up and run.[/b

Link

Other Police UFO Reports

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

When I see the Pope working at my local McDonald's, I'll know you're ready to debate.

I didn´t think you could work at Mcdonalds if you had tattoos.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

And before I could finish reading that, I recognized it as a toy hanging by a string in front of the camera.

Old days, old tricks :p

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I just finished reading Major Donald Keyhoe's "The Flying Saucers are Real". It is an excellent read and a very important book. Thank you for the link to the interview, fls13.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Good on you for posting that, karl 12

That will make for very interesting reading.

A S & F for you.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
S&F for you!

I've bookmarked the site for later use. Excellent stuff, I'll be reading the John Keel article first.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Appreciate the replies, the site certainly contains some very intriguing articles -the Donald Keyhoe, John Keel and Captain Ruppelt pieces are great.

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
RAF Reports from site:

RAF Sightings: Huge, Round,Metallic, Incredibly Fast

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e9e37b1758f.gif[/atsimg]

British authorities have received reports from trained observers, including RAF pilots, and the Air Ministry maintains a UFO investigation project which parallels Project Blue Book in the United states. Reuters reported one such aerial encounter on September 20, 1952:
"A flying saucer entered the eight-nation Baltic area maneuver headquarters that an unidentifiable silver circular object had been sighted 15,000 feet above the airfield. The object, which appeared five miles behind a Meteor jet fighter (piloted by Lt. John W. Kilburn), maintained a slow forward speed before descending in a swinging pendulum motion. Then it began a rotary motion about its own axis and accelerated at an incredible speed in a westerly direction but later turned southeast. It was seen by RAF officers and men on the airfield."

Another RAF pilot encountered a UFO October 4, 1954. Flight Lt. J. R. Salandin of the 604th Fighter Squadron, flying a Meteor jet out of North Weald, Essex, nearly collided head-on with a huge, metallic-appearing object. The UFO was shaped like two saucers pressed together, one inverted on top of the other. At the last second, it flipped to one side and streaked past a tremendous speed.
Two round UFO's had been sighted speeding between two other Meteor jets in the vincinity just before Lt. Salandin's sighting.

Link

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Multiple pilots witness UFOs (and told to keep quiet):

On the night of February 24, 1959, an American Airlines DC-6 was flying across Pennsylvania toward Detroit. At the controls were Capt. Peter W. Killian and First Officer John Dee, and the passenger cabin was well filled. Suddenly three large, brilliantly lighted, round or disc-shaped craft appeared in the air nearby. One of them maneuvered close to the DC-6 as though for a brief inspection, then went back to join its companions. Eventually the three streaked off into the blackness from which they'd come.

Captain Killian, a man with 15 years and 4 million miles of airline flying behind him, told the curious story to the press. The Air Force instantly jumped on him. What he'd really seen, said the Air force, was a group of three stars appearing and disappearing behind scattered clouds.

Impossible, replied Killian. "The sky was absolutely clear above us. Federal Aviation Agency records show we were flying at 8,500 feet. The clouds were at 3,500. Let the Air force explain how we saw stars through clouds 5,000 feet beneath us."

American Airlines then got behind its man and announced that other pilots had often encountered UFO's in the same area. The argument grew hotter. In an interview with a New York Herald Tribune reporter, an Air force spokesman remarked that some UFO witnesses "were so drunk they couldn't remember what they saw." This harpoon wasn't aimed directly at Killian, but it was a hell of a nasty implication to make under the circumstances.

Other people now began to jump into the debate. In Washington, Congressman Sam Friedel of Maryland offered Captain Killian a "day in court" if he wanted to come to the Capital. Evidently seeing that the "star" theory wouldn't hold up if this happened, the Air force hastily came up with a new explanation: Killian had seen a KC-97 tanker refueling three B-47 jets. This was nonsense too. All aircraft flights in the U.S., including refuelings, are reported to both the FAA and the Air Defense Command. If there had been a refueling operation that night over Pennsylvania, the fact would have been known and released at once - not "discovered" two weeks later. In any case, it is inconceivable that a veteran pilot would fail to recognize a familiar aircraft when he saw it.

And there were other facts in the case that the Air Force could not explain away. Specifically:

First Officer Dee and the passengers also saw the alien craft. They corroborated Captain Killian's story.

Two other American Airlines crews, flying in the vicinity, were alerted by radio. They saw the UFO's too.

Three United Air Lines planes were plying the airways in that sky neighborhood that night. They had no contact with Captain Killian or the other American Airlines crews. But they, too, saw and privately reported three UFO's.

All this might have come out in a public debate. But then, abruptly, Captain Killian stopped arguing. In a statement to NICAP, his wife said that American airlines had been instructed by the Air Force to muzzle him. As of mid-1964, he was still forbidden to say anything more in public about that strange night in 1959.

www.seektress.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Karl12, this is very interesting and I've never seen the True report before so it's new to me!

I won't be able to read it right away but I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting it!

Star and flag!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
Very rare copy of the 'True' report on flying saucers found with some interesting articles from Capt. Edward J. Ruppelt,Jacques Vallee and Major Donald E. Keyhoe:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a986c6d12585.gif[/atsimg]

EXCLUSIVE PROJECT BLUE BOOK SIGHTING
PHOTOS FROM U.S. AIR FORCE FILES

Compiled by the Editors of TRUE after 17 years of exhaustive research.

Link:
www.seektress.com...

Oh man!

You've done it again, Karl! Wow. this harkens back to the day when the ETH was the backbone of all research except Vallee was probably beginning to toy with the precepts of his Passport to Magonia ideas that earned him so much scorn and admonishment from some of the "old schoolers" like Friedman and Keyhoe although Keyhoe was starting to hint at coming around to it. He just didn't make the warp jump into it like Vallee did.

Fantastic dig up here.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies.

Erik - I think Major Donald Keyhoe is often overlooked as to my mind he's one of the most important chaps in the history of research into the subject - if you haven't read the NICAP evidence report then its well worth a look.

Heres an interesting statement made my Major Keyhoe in a television interview before he got abruptly pulled off air:

"The Air Force had put out a secret order for its pilots to capture UFOs. For the last six months we have been working with a congressional committee investigating official secrecy concerning proof that UFOs are real machines under intelligent..."

Major Donald Keyhoe,during a live TV broadcast on CBS in 1958 in which he was pulled from the air when he began to deviate from the prepared format of the programme.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Fls13, theres a great link here regarding radar corellation of unknown objects - it deals with confirmed targets, rates of speed and flight characteristics as well as citing specific examples for radar confirmed incidents - theres also this handy chart.

www.nicap.org...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Conversations with Major Donald Keyhoe:

KEYHOE:
"It’s incredible that they (the military) have gotten away with this for 30 years. I’ve been on this subject longer than any other writer on UFOs and sometimes I wished to hell I’d never heard of it, because I was a writer on various different subjects and even selling pictures now and then, and I was really living a very relaxed life. I can’t explain all this but I have been working on something which could put this thing into the open. If it doesn’t get into the open, the public will know what was turned down. It’s a plan that I have been told by my insiders at the Pentagon, that headquarters would consider seriously. (There are) three things that would keep them doing all the denials, and one of them is they’re sure they’re going to catch holy hell if they come out and admit they’ve been misleading the public and being really harsh in some of their attacks on some of the witnesses for 30 years. The next one is they are afraid they will scare a lot of people if they admit that these things are interplanetary and that some of the accidents on record were caused by UFOs, not proof of hostility but they were caused by it. And mainly because we’ve been chasing and shooting at them. And the third one is – and this one I can’t accept it – is that there is a very terrible answer to all this, and the CIA and the Air Force and the national defense security council are agreed that they must fight to the last inch to keep this from coming out because it would cause panic all over the world..."

www.mufon.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join