It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Anchor bows to Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I recently heard on Glenn Beck, him talking about the news networks starting to fear Obama. Was this action a result of this psychological fear?

Anyone else know of any instance of the citizenry of America bowing to a President?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

That wasn't much of a bow. I give that type of nod fairly often to people I truly respect. Of course the media fears Obama, he already took over the Car and Banking Industries! If he walked into my industry, I would be scared too!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
weak man weak. barry is a traitor, all in all your just another brick in the wall...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
funnny how obama copys him exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Weak attempt at trying to bash on President Obama.

I actually watched that program last night, it wasn't bad really. I will watch the second part tonight also.

That wasn't so much as a bow as it was an over exaggerated nod of appreciation. Obama recipercated the nod as well.

Does that mean Obama fears that paticular reporter?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

This was not an attempt to bash on the President. If I wanted to do that he has given way more issues of substance than this. This was a look at media behavior with the President.

Its been clear since before he was sworn in as President that the media was going to placate to Obama and his administration.

I have never noticed media persons do something like this before.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Wolf321]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
...obviously the media is going to respect the leader of their nation as much as possible... seing as how, well you know, hes the president?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
yeah, it looks like "i deeply respect you" body language rather than "i'm afraid of you" body language. but that's just semantics.

for my money, it's way, way, way too much respect to have for any politician, don't care who he is. you can't trust a reporter to tell the truth if his feelings are that strong.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thats Kinnda interesting? huh Like their some suppiror race and hes repoting back to some other race or "secret society" ReHaB

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Wow, bowing must be a current trend.
Makes me wonder how Chris Matthews would have said "Good evening" to President Sotero.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kevin_X1
...obviously the media is going to respect the leader of their nation as much as possible... seing as how, well you know, hes the president?

Curious, was that meant to be sarcastic or did you miss the last eight years?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
reply to post by jd140

This was not an attempt to bash on the President. If I wanted to do that he has given way more issues of substance than this. This was a look at media behavior with the President.

Its been clear since before he was sworn in as President that the media was going to placate to Obama and his administration.

I have never noticed media persons do something like this before.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Wolf321]

If you watched the whole program you would have seen that the journalist whose name escapes me, was very comfortable around the President and showed no signs of fear. He even had a very relaxed Q&A with the President on the way to grab those famous burgers.

The only person they felt uncomfortable around was Rahm Immanual.

Its very easy to take this type of thing out of context, as you have proven.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anjin

Originally posted by Kevin_X1

Curious, was that meant to be sarcastic or did you miss the last eight years?

I agree....with both of you. It seemed very cordial and respectful as it should be for a president. Although, it never went that easily for Bush. He didn't do himself any favors though. I remember when it was a big deal that the Marines started saluting Bush when he was first elected. No one had noticed that they didn't give the same respect to Clinton during his tenure. Now we notice the press giving due respect to Obama that they did not give Bush.

Wow, I guess that means The Press and The Marines respect entirely different things. Wait, I already knew that!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The marines not saluting Clinton was an Internet hoax.

www.snopes.com...

Do you really think if they didn't follow proper protocol they would still enjoy the posistion they did?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Next thing you know people might even start showing courtesy, respect and tolerance for each other. Oh no, this is a terrible trend! They should be dueling and sending letter bombs to each other. The masses need more reasons to shoot their neighbors instead of ways to greet them. This bowing trend is not going to help the suicidal Armageddonists' cause.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
If you watched the whole program you would have seen that the journalist whose name escapes me, was very comfortable around the President and showed no signs of fear. He even had a very relaxed Q&A with the President on the way to grab those famous burgers.
Its very easy to take this type of thing out of context, as you have proven.

Let me try to clarify myself. I am not saying he was bowing out of fear. Just questioning the bow itself, and noting the conjunction with talks of press fearing the administration.

I don't think the bow was a direct result of fear of the administration. Perhaps the increasing efforts of the press to appease the president and his administration, resulting in such things as bowing to a non-royal, non-asian nation official, has an indirect relation to fear in the press.

I don't think his bow is a matter of courtesy. They would do this with no other American. The office of president does not hold or promote one to royal status, nor does it make one a demi-god. The office of president should be respected the same as any other person, address the person by their title, be polite, saluted if military.

Americans are not slaves on the plantation of a presidential master. He works FOR us.

The only time I expect Americans to bow to a president, is if they are women at a ball and dancing with him.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well I read the link, and honestly I was a little skeptical of the whole story originally, but the link you provided did say that protocol was changed when the new Marine unit started with Bush. I also saw several videos (years ago) where the Marine at the helicopter did not salute Clinton or turn. There may have been special circumstances on those limited occasions, but I saw it happen.

I totally buy the fact that any Marine would salute the office and the rank, not the man, so it would not matter who was in office. I am certain they would follow whatever protocol was in place.

It still seems a little odd that the protocol changed at that time.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The President could break wind and Republicans would come out in force claiming a terrorist gas attack.

A slight bow is a means of respect, something Conservatives have a hard time grasping.

Shockingly.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

"I recently heard on Glenn Beck, him talking about the news networks starting to fear Obama. Was this action a result of this psychological fear?"

That is asking if the bow was because he feared Obama.

If certain forms of courtesey makes you feel afraid the government is getting to big or the President is getting to powerful then maybe you need courtesy lessons.

Royalty aren't the only people who are fortunate to be bowed to. Unless of course all the citizens of Japan, China and other bowing cultures are royalty.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllexxisF1
The President could break wind and Republicans would come out in force claiming a terrorist gas attack.

A slight bow is a means of respect, something Conservatives have a hard time grasping.

Shockingly.

Maybe some Conservatives. This one has spent the whole thread defending this sign of respect.

Don't lump us all up in one neat little ball.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join