It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew the end was coming, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by watchtheashes

That's not a UFO, its the planet of the crossing in my belief.
Theory is we are in a binary star system that crosses path with the other solar system every once a while.
do a search for nibiru, planet x, planet of the crossing. It's supposed to be visible all around the world in late 2009... not saying its truth, but a possibility, if i see nothing as of the end of this year, then its bulls**t

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Head home ASAP, grab our ready gear and head to one of our our designated holdout spots.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
reply to post by getreadyalready

"I would rape and pillage like a rabid viking! "?? this really shows your character, and will remember this on every future post you ever make.

Well Mr. Bob, that wasn't the only line in my post. The very next sentence said I would not do that, because I do believe in God. I also love my wife, kids, and family, and would not want them to be hurt by my actions.

However, the point, taken by some others, is that such a reaction is primal, and without a belief system, society would break down into this type of behaviour. The statement was window into my true character, but that character is tempered by faith. If it were not, I would probably be a very carnal and animalistic person. What I don't understand is how other people, with similar primal instincts, who do not believe in God function?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Would you continue with your daily routine?
No, I'd gather my children and head for someplace underground and safe with a bunch of canned goods/coffee/water, creamer and necessary utensils.
Would you go to work?
I don't work now and certainly would quit anyway so I could do prior things mentioned.
would you mow your lawn?
I don't mow the lawn, our maintenance staff does it.
Would you try to find a way to escape your inevitible fate?
Yes as I answered in number one
Would you claim the govt was lying? (I know a few on here would try that,lol) I don't think they'd lie about this though they do lie about some things, I see no reason for them to lie about something as serious as this. I'd be apt to think they'd keep it under wraps until almost reaches earth though to keep panic down to a minimum.
Would you try to find religion?
I already am very spiritual and have my strong beleifs.
Would you try to find love?
I have love

Or would you do something completely different?
I think I'd at least try and visit a buddhist temple in Asia before the end becuase I always wanted to see one...they are always so beautiful in the movies.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OK. To the people that say they're going to to head off by themselves with their provisions. Why? You're going to go eat MRE's in your bunker and then die just like everyone else who'll be eating steak and living it up?

If there was a way to have some kind of underground city ready for me, I would like to go, but only because I'm a science-fiction fan and want to live in the "bio-dome" for a while.

For my plans.

I would live each day like it was Saturday. I would hang around with my wife and my kid. I would brew beer and drink beer. I would eat well. I would hang out with friends. I would try to see all the places in the world that I want to see. I would pray. I would thank God for the time I've had.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
OK. To the people that say they're going to to head off by themselves with their provisions. Why? You're going to go eat MRE's in your bunker and then die just like everyone else who'll be eating steak and living it up?

If there was a way to have some kind of underground city ready for me, I would like to go, but only because I'm a science-fiction fan and want to live in the "bio-dome" for a while.

For my plans.

I would live each day like it was Saturday. I would hang around with my wife and my kid. I would brew beer and drink beer. I would eat well. I would hang out with friends. I would try to see all the places in the world that I want to see. I would pray. I would thank God for the time I've had.

Those of you planning to travel, eat steak, and live it up better start that now. Once such an announcement is made, there will be no steakhouses to go to, no international travel, no tourist hot spots, very few people will be at work, so things will not be going on as usual.

I love the ideas, but I suggest you live those ideas now, while they still work. Like I said before, it doesn't have to be an asteroid, it could be a car wreck. You will die, and you will wish you had done exactly what you are stating here!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why would those things just disappear? I understand that in the "end of days" no one would want to push around luggage at an airport or fill up planes with fuel...but there will be a way. Can I still have steak at home? I know that nobody will want to cut steaks at a crappy suburban grocery store for minimum wage anymore, but there will be a way.

There's no saying how things would work when death is ringing the doorbell, but there will be a way and it won't involve eating beef stew from a plastic pouch.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

I agree, going underground, or trying some survival tactic is pointless. Live it up. But industry, commerce, healthcare, travel will cease. Who is going to put in 40 hrs a week pumping gas, making shoes, serving a.hole customers in a restaurant when they know the end is near. Everyone will be either home with their families or out plundering the city.

Of course you will be able to buy some groceries....at first. As the date looms nearer, you better know how to catch and butcher a cow!

It's cool that you can brew beer, I brew wine, but hopefully you have a stockpile, or know how to get supplies when the walmart is burned down!

My main point was that we all know we are going to die. And for many of us it will be tomorrow, or way sooner than we would like.

SO: Anything you thought of typing into this thread, should be made a part of your life starting now! Forgiveness, Family time, travel, reading, great steaks and brew with friends.......Go Do It Now! Don't wait for some doomsday announcement, you may die while you are waiting!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

The funny thing is I pretty much do that stuff now, so it wouldn't be a lot different. It would just be harder to get the stuff.

Speaking of that...grain is a lot easier to store than grapes. You should switch to beer.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I would grab my bike and just start riding. May turn into a Mad Max thing what with trying to get gasoline, but I would be sneaky, not violent about it. Would just ride and barter with whatever I could (goods or services)

Would not armstrong rob anyone, but would steal gas/food/basic supplies (if needed for survival to be around for the show of shows)

However, would defend myself against someone who wanted to hurt me, up to killing them.

Then sit back and watch the show.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Me too! I recently quit a good-paying job to take a state job and spend more time with friends and family. I have missed out on far too much over the years while chasing the dollar.

Good thing about wine is it can come from the grain too! Also, dandelions, honey, I have even made Jalapeno wine! And it stores itself well (as long as alcohol reaches at least 12% bacteria can't grow, mine is typically close to 20%).

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'd gather all the nuclear weapons there are, strategicly place them around the world. And blow it up, 5 seconds before it was going to happen. Just so that it was all my fault, and I'd totally win a bet I made a long long time ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thank you, I needed that chuckle!

Made my day.

Would be a trip to see a bunch of folk with that goal all trying to destroy the world first. To bad betting on who did it first would be, uh, pointless.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wclv13
reply to post by Acidtastic

Thank you, I needed that chuckle!

Made my day.

Would be a trip to see a bunch of folk with that goal all trying to destroy the world first. To bad betting on who did it first would be, uh, pointless.
My money's on me, I've been planning it for ages.

(note to the feds reading this, I'm joking, ok?)

*looks out for black helicopters*

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spiracy

Because, some people feel you should be good to your fellow humans WITHOUT fear of punishment in the afterlife. I feel this way. I wouldn't call myself and atheist but I do not believe in a God who has a check list, deciding if I am a good man or not. Yes, I want bone every woman I see, too. I wish I were the Sultan of Brunei but I would never force a woman to do anything.
It is called empathy.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Oh yeah, that being said, I would travel and have as much sex as possible. :-)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If I knew the world were comign to an end, this is what I would do without a shadow of a doubt.

First off, I would continue with my daily routines as I would if it were just a normal day. Second, I would continute going to work even though we knew our days on this rock we call Earth were numbered. Third, as for mowing the lawn up until the end. I would like for it to look nice in the last days before it gets vaporized. I think most of us would try to find a means of escape from the fate that could be dealt to us. Even if it means going underground, I think most of us would try to find a way to survive it. Honestly, I would want to believe that the governments of the world were lying about it. The only way to find out if they were is if the day that the object was supposed to hit comes and goes without incident. Then again, they could get it right for a change and the thing hits. Deep down, I want to believe that people would be willing to find and accept a religion when it comes to it. However, it may become more of a priority that people would find religion in the last days. To be honest with you, I am certain that all of us would try to find a true love with someone in the final days on Earth. That way we would not be alone when the ineviable would happen. We just better hope that someone has colonized either the Moon or Mars. That way, we would be able to return and rebuild the planet back to its former self.

If it were to come down to an asteroid hitting the Earth and killing us all. Rest assured, it has most certainly been one good and fun ride!!!

As for doing the something completely different or out of the ordinary. I only have three things that I would like to add to that list.

1. To go parachuting out of an aircraft before we die.

&

2. Just to go find a quiet spot and sit and reflect upon my years on this planet.

&

3. To do as much fishing before the end of the world that I can do before it is too late to do so.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I don't thing pillaging and looting is the right thing to do there mate. I'm going to apologize for sounding like I only think that only I am right, but people, you'll get to witness everything I've been saying in your lifetime.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I would live my life exactly as I do now. Why should the experience change just because you know the deadline?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I would sit still, surrounded by those I live with and love. Hold each other, laugh and cry, knowing that our Souls would travel further after our Death.

In the last moments I would meditate to set my Soul free.

Peace brother!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join