It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you knew the end was coming, what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This is something I've been pondering for quite some time now, and wanted to present it to my fellow ATSers for discussion.
This is just hypothetical.

If you knew the world was coming to an end in a year or two, without a doubt, what would you do?

Say, the governments of the world held a press conference today stating a 10 mile asteroid was plummeting towards Earth and there was nothing they could do to stop it. That it would hit the Earth in 2011 and without a doubt make 100% of the human population go extinct. What would you do?

Would you continue with your daily routine?
Would you go to work?
would you mow your lawn?
Would you try to find a way to escape your inevitible fate?
Would you claim the govt was lying? (I know a few on here would try that,lol)
Would you try to find religion?
Would you try to find love?
Or would you do something completely different?

I'm a little curious as to what the responses from the intelligent community on this site will be.

Please don't let this thread turn into whether 2012 will happen or not, it's not about that.

Remember this is just a hypothetical question.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Isnt it obvious?

Set fires and loot VCR's. Seems to be what all the morons do.

If human extinction were inevitable and no amount of sheltering would increase survivability I would probably just bail on my job, sell everything I own and live the last year or so of my life off the land in the White Mountains somewhere.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i would begin my personal space race. I mean if the world was comming to an end do you really think people would continue to guard the shuttles

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Reply to post by spiracy

That's an awesome point, probably the same thing I'd try to do. Maybe we could hijack the space station and laugh at the destruction.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Reply to post by spiracy

That's an awesome point, probably the same thing I'd try to do. Maybe we could hijack the space station and laugh at the destruction.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I'm in I've had work experience with pressure suits and every type of Oxygen system used in aircraft up to 2001. Oh I can dock the shuttle in my simulator I have lol just not sure how accurate it is lol.

But if I couldn't do that then I would fly to Maui and live on a beach.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This is why religion is so important! Not God, but religion. In this situation, the law of the land is useless. There is no punitive repercussion to fear.

I would rape and pillage like a rabid viking!

OK, maybe I wouldn't because I believe their is an afterlife of some kind, BUT I would really, really want to! And, if I am ever convinced that Athiests are correct, I will no longer be a civil human being. What is the point!

Whether or not the end comes in 2 years or 80, if you don't believe in an afterlife, why not get all the jollies you can handle now! The only thing stopping total chaos from people like me is this perpetrated myth of something to be good for.

Sadly, I am not ashamed of this feeling. If we are evolved from animals, and there is no intelligent design, universal life force, all-powerful God, then I have wasted a lot of years not taking whatever I want without regret.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by getreadyalready]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well that brings up a good point. Since all atheists believe that there is no afterlife, why not act like the world is going to end in the next 50 or so years. For atheists the world ends as soon as they die so why don't they all live like it?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I would have the governments of the world commission a colossal space barge construction project. I'd find a way to get off the planet. But if it became too late, I'd accept it. See ya guys on the next planets' ATS.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

cool. Let's make a deal if it looks like anything is going to happen on 2012 we hop on ATS and send a U2U to each other and meet up and see if we can score ourselves a shuttle.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiracy

Well that brings up a good point. Since all atheists believe that there is no afterlife, why not act like the world is going to end in the next 50 or so years. For atheists the world ends as soon as they die so why don't they all live like it?

Supposedly I guess, because they fear man's laws. For people on this site, that are typically repulsed by the inundation of laws, if they are also Athiest, I don't know what keeps them civil.

Maybe I am weak-minded, or evil at heart, but I would go buck-wild if it was only man that I had to fear. I don't really think our police force could figure me out or catch me if they did, so their laws are not what keep me civil!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I t doesn't matter, really, do what you want it has allready been writen...

it's just how do you wanna reincarnate lost and confused and tormented and ignorant. or well place love and peace umong all and traveling wold to world with endless posabilities.....ReHaB

I joined this web site to spred my insight on the "end of days" as we "humans know it" but as aliens we got a long life ahead of us...i working on ...well their will be more later it's hard i know to deal with this horiable world negative vibes but we must push threw the AnuNNanki to escape this slavery ,i think if i die before it does happen like ? any time now i would come back as something like well something as to watch over the ones i left here and see what happens thaT WAY .. oh well

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Supposedly that's what I've been spending my time doing here at ATS. It'd be too easy to live through two years before destruction, people have to learn through more time than that. Imagine how imminent the NWO would be and a world government if ET finally landed. Think about it. Everything happening around you right now makes perfect sense. Even the movies. Not all of them. Just those select few. UFOs increasing. They will increase tremendously this year. There is a constant one in the sky 24/7. You can especially see it at night. It's not a star. Disclosure, ET comes, world government, and checkmate.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I'd want to try and get the friends and family that I really care about to come and watch it from here.

I'd probably want to delve into new levels of meditation, and I think I'd step up my songwriting.

I've made a time capsule for storing away some remenants of this age and culture. I think I'd REALLY fortify it with everything human that I could find -- art, books, etc.

Good questions, OP. I hope those of you that tend toward "pillage and plunder" in the face of this hypothetical situation consider the possibility of karma. Also, NASA has certainly been wrong before........ what if 80% of the population went crazy and did horrible things, and then............ the comet/asteroid MISSED?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I would get myself and my household in order, right any wrongs or relationships I may have been too stubborn to do previously, and find a nice spot to sit and watch the events unfold.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I'd want to try and get the friends and family that I really care about to come and watch it from here.

I'd probably want to delve into new levels of meditation, and I think I'd step up my songwriting.

I've made a time capsule for storing away some remenants of this age and culture. I think I'd REALLY fortify it with everything human that I could find -- art, books, etc.

Good questions, OP. I hope those of you that tend toward "pillage and plunder" in the face of this hypothetical situation consider the possibility of karma. Also, NASA has certainly been wrong before........ what if 80% of the population went crazy and did horrible things, and then............ the comet/asteroid MISSED?

You are absolutely correct. 1. I really don't think they would ever tell us. 2. If they did tell us, a lot of people wouldn't believe it. 3. If everyone did believe it and went crazy, TPTB would probably turn out to be wrong about the whole thing, LOL!

I like your time capsule approach, and I would certainly spend every second with friends and family! I don't see the point of song writing though?

I do consider Karma, my statement was what my inner being would want without Karma or religion. My "Id" (Freud's term) is kept in check by faith alone. I just don't understand what keeps the non-believers in check?!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I would get myself and my household in order, right any wrongs or relationships I may have been too stubborn to do previously, and find a nice spot to sit and watch the events unfold.

Wonderful Thoughts......Start NOW! There may not be an asteriod coming, but you will die sooner than you want to. Go fix those relationships now, there is no time to waste, Trust Me! I have missed many opportunities to right the wrongs!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I'd spend my time on ATS, arguing about the existence of chemtrails

What else would there be to do?

On a more serious note, if its 100% hopeless, then all you can do is enjoy the time left and wait for the bang. I'd round up my family and spend as much time with them as I could - and maybe even see if my ex-mother in law could manage to refer to me in the first person, just once

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready For people on this site, that are typically repulsed by the inundation of laws, if they are also Athiest, I don't know what keeps them civil.

Well, there's the whole violation of anothers basic rights as a human being thing.

Would you really want to rape and pillage? Really? Who besides psychopaths feel this urge to violate another human being and of that number how many are only deterred by "man's law"?

I despise man's law. It's inherently pointless and only serves to imprison the law-abiding. That being said I don't care one way or the other if there is a "god" figure or an "afterlife" yet I somehow manage not to suffer from these abusive urges you seem to nor would I ever violate another human beings basic rights by stealing, raping, imprisoning or assaulting them in any way.

It really doesnt get any simpler than "do unto others" and it doesnt require man's law, god's law, or threats of some afterlife suffering to follow.

What was it Bill and Ted said? Oh yeah, "be excellent to each other."

I guess it really is difficult to follow such a simple philosophy since people are stealing left and right via government force. But I guess government is bigger than the individual and thereby not bound by the petty morality of such an idea.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I would prepare, get myself a location to escape to far from the things of man, make sure I was stocked up etc, etc...

hey

wait a minute

that's what I have been doing all year!!!

Oh Noes...

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"I would rape and pillage like a rabid viking! "?? this really shows your character, and will remember this on every future post you ever make.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join