It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a look at the other side: My Near Death Experience...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Thanks for joining us,KK; The list was a rather large one that was shown on what I called a screen; it was like watching a movie in a theater, only no crowd of people, just me for an audience.

The items already attended to where accompanied by seeing myself as I did each one.

Hope this answers your question.

seeker

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Seeker someone asked earlier about Ghosts... I am very curious about that too... What are they and how do they fit in the picture from your perspective??

[edit on 5-6-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks Seeker! I've read this entire thread and every response and follow whatever else comes from it. This is a small event that happened which is not as detailed because frankly the event wasn't as long as yours (minute or so).

I had a short little experience in my mid 20's when my friend Cathy and I went to a theme park to relax from school on a weekend. We were swimming in a gigantic wave pool. Cathy was joking around and pushed my shoulders down. I was not expecting this and was breathing in at the same time and took a lot of water. Whenever attempting to breathe I was getting slapped with water from the waves and started drowning.

I came up one last time and saw that Cathy had her back to me. Managed to get out a little "help" and went under. I felt Cathy try to grab my arm and didn't do the usual swimmer thing of fighting because I rationalized that Cathy was 18 and I 25 and my life had lived longer than her so I did not want to drown her.

I remember looking up from under the water at the sun shining on the surface and saw a spiral light come down as my body stopped moving. I thought, "Well I am dead now. Pity there were some things I wanted to do after this" I felt at peace then.

Suddenly I was standing in a forest that kinda had blue sheen like evening. I walked for a bit and saw a cabin with an old man with long white hair and and a long beard. He was to the side of the cabin chopping wood. He looked up surprised and said, "What are you doing here?" I responded, "I guess I am dead".

He walked over to me and looked me over and told me that I wasn't. I was told that I needed to relax more and laugh at life a little more and stop taking everything too serious. He looked around nervously and put both hands on top my head and pushed down hard while saying, "Not yet!". I was instantly back in the pool being pulled out by hands. The event had lasted only a minute or so but, felt like it had been at least 30 minutes.

A year later I had a dream about driving back to the same area. I walked to the cabin and expected to get answers. On the door was a letter nailed to the door that read, "Out to lunch! Laugh now!" It was funny in the dream here I was seeking information from an oracle whom was out to lunch. I woke up laughing.

Effects are that death is not scary at all. I used to be afraid of darkness but, now I go for a walk every night. I laugh at the world and myself a little more.
Fighting for life was scary but, the point of passing seemed like walking through a sheet, non painful, peaceful, and liberating.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I loved your story. Thank you so much for sharing that. The humor was such a needed touch. This kind of sharing, which I believe so deeply is the truth that is just below the surface of our reality, is the very thing helps get me through each day, just knowing something really different really surrounds us, enfolds us and watches over us. We need just need to connect to this. Its really the most important thing we can ever do on our journey, other than love all we can and laugh more. Good message.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Your post was really lovely.
Laughing in life is most important to me.
Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by toochaos4u

A year later I had a dream about driving back to the same area. I walked to the cabin and expected to get answers. On the door was a letter nailed to the door that read, "Out to lunch! Laugh now!" It was funny in the dream here I was seeking information from an oracle whom was out to lunch. I woke up laughing.

I love your NDE.

Anyway I've also had dreams where you wake up literally laughing haha, good stuff.

[edit on 5-6-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
seeker
S & F for you on a great and very interesting thread!
I would like you to know that it is one of the reasons that I, a long time reader on this site, has recently decided to become a member and join ATS.
I am also a huge believer in reincarnation even though I have never had any experiences such as this. This experience you have shared with us has strengthened my belief in reincarnation and my fearlessness for death. I have recently started meditating and hopefully will be able to have some exeriences through it that I can share on ATS with everyone.
I have read the whole thread, but am not sure if you have answered this question, so if you have I apologize, but hope you can answer it for me.
In Philosophy (my major) there is the debate on whether animals have souls or not. Do you think they do and what about plants? If so, are we allowed to choose reincarnation into an animal or even a plant? Or are we only allowed to choose reincarnations into human/alien/humanoid bodies?
Also, referring to one of your past lives where you saw yourself as a reptillian alien on a lavalike planet. Do you remember seeing other reptillians on this planet and were you or them able to change/shift appearances, as some have claimed the reptillian aliens are able to do? Also, what was the planet like all lava?
Thanks again for a great thread and I am looking forward to hearing your answers to these questions!

Zetetic_of_Truth

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Hmn..couple things:

1. should have inquired as to why there is no such thing as grape pie

2. mos def should have asked about messianic prophesy(Christian faith).

sweet anecdotal story, complete with some allegory.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
reply to post by Odessy

Originally posted by Odessy

A couple of Buddhist monks took it once for scientific research and says it took them to a place they have visited many times before through states of deep meditation, and took them as far as you can go into the Bardo without dieing (the first stage of death).

Do you have a source for that please Oddessy.

?
Please.

Sure MischeviousElf, NP.

American psychedelic pioneer and '___' guru Terence McKenna gave '___' to a Tibetan Buddhist monk, and after the experience was over, the monk told McKenna that it brought him to a place the Buddhists had seen many times through meditation, but he also stated that it was about as far as one could go into the Bardo and still return to the physical plane afterward. Jesus Christ and other biblical prophets used fasting and sleep deprivation to achieve mystical states and have the visions upon which the Bible is based. Sleep deprivation increases endogenous '___' levels, and this triggers these transcendent visions and religious experiences. Buddhists and Hindus have the same experiences through meditation, and the South American shamans use their sacred '___'-containing brews to break into the same space. The emerging networks of entheogenists within modern urban societies use '___' crystals with the same goal in mind. In this light, it seems clear that '___' is an integral part of all religion, whether or not it is acknowledged.
SOURCE

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

Hey that was great! Thanks for sharing that. Theres way to much about life to understand in a single lifetime

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Thanks for sharing with us,friend; sounds as if your Higher Self intervened along with others to get you out of that jam; and not having a conscious memory of it is not that un-common, especially if you chose not to have the memories.

seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42

Where were you? What were your surroundings? Did they look human or alien? Friendly or non friendly?
I was lead into a clearing surrounded by tall lush trees and into a room that had rock walls on three sides and open to the blue sky above.

The elders were definitely human, all had the look of being middle aged do to the long flowing hair and each had a full beard that would reach down to shirt pocket level.

They were very warm and loving, everything in this place and every single thing radiated unconditional love,friend;

I have heard of and read about the 'Living Game"; it is your choice to believe in such, but you must realise that your thoughts give it substance; it is not a part of my experience or paradigm.

seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

pIcture a tornado/vortex spinning and opening in front of you; as far as what was in it I can't say for it was there and then I was in the beautiful land where this all happened.

namaste,
seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story. I was wondering, when you woke up had the medical staff quit "working" on you to revive you? Had the Doctor already pronounced you dead? The whole idea of reviving someone in cardiac arrest is to keep the heart pumping. For respitory arrest it's keeping the body oxygenated. ( I am terrible at spelling
sorry
) You know, there are so many stories that are similiar to yours that I have heard, that this has to be real.

Pammyk, the drs had already left the OR, death certificate was being filled out, and they were getting ready to send my butt to the morgue and tag it.

It had been 33 minutes according to the nurses from the moment my heart stopped until I started breathing and had a heartbeat again.

namaste.
seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Hi my friend, good to see you. The light was incredibly bright but did not feel right,if that makes any sense; when the tunnel appeared I felt drawn to it as if someone was reaching out for me, and quite frankly it felt like the road home.

And yes, with all that I have witnessed and read, I do have my doubts about the light, have the feeling that I would not have returned with any memories or my conscious id if I had been returned, which I also have my doubts about.

peace and love.
seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

No,friend, if you just go sit quietly you won't be overlooked; this involves all of poor humans floating around on this ball of rock, and in as simple of terms possible we are facing the next step in spiritual and physical evolution.

We exist in four dimensions currently, that being width,height,depth, and linear time, altho time is usually not counted so this is considered 3rd density level or plane of dimensional existense; The Akashic records are a vast type of library maintained on the other side of the veil that contains every bit of knowledge and every action or happening that has been,is being, or will be.

I suggest a trip to your local book store or find a new age book store and research in the para normal and meta physical genre.

seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by candide

There are accounts of people that have been shown the hellish side of things, and quite frankly, just reading their accounts of what they witnessed should be enough to convince most to get their act together; I know I do not want to see what they described in person.

namaste.
seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

May I point out that the end of one thing is the beginning of another; at sunset each day is the end of daylight and the beginning of nite, at dawn the beginning of a new day; all things are cyclic in nature and as the so called end approaches the new beginning is already taking shape and ready to happen.

It is up to us as to whether it is difficult or easy.

seeker

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
It had been 33 minutes according to the nurses from the moment my heart stopped until I started breathing and had a heartbeat again.

do you have any idea how long it was from the moment they stopped reviving you (and pumping your chest, providing oxygen) till your heart restarted on its own? i would assume that out of those 33 minutes they may have tried reviving for 15? was the heart monitor switched off? sometimes they turn off the speaker to avoid the flatline noise so your heart may have actually restarted sooner but they didn't want to admit to incompetence/negligence (in case you were brain damaged) so they set their story so that it appears you were dead 33 minutes just to avoid a lawsuit. it happens all the time in hospitals especially when the patient is not able to remember facts.

this is not an attack on you, i'm just curious if you know some of these details. it could explain your survival.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Hi There,

Your thread reminded me of a dream I had a few years ago. Since I was 15 years old, it sometimes felt like my brain was "vibrating" when I fall asleep. Dreams I had didn't really felt like dreams, it felt like I was awake. I were completely aware of my surroundings, I could hear my own breathing, outside noices, ect. When I had a dream, I know I was dreaming. In one of the dreams I had, I was sitting somewhere in the universe with 5 people I didnt recognize, but I knew they were a big part of my life. They were discussing my life and things that I still need to experience. One of the people said my car still needs to be stollen. (Haha, I know) The others said no, I'm not ready for that yet. So, I said, of course I am ready...I can handle it. The others still said no. I was getting angry, accusing them of thinking I am too weak to handle obstacles.

A few weeks later my car was stolen infront of a local store in a very small town. I was furious, because all of my baby and childhood photos were in that car - I was taking it to a woman who did scrapbooking for people who were too busy or too lazy to do it themselves. The car was replaced, but the photos were lost forever.

I had lots of dreams like that before the "vibration" sensation disappeard. Only 2 of those dreams, like the one mentioned above, were prophetic. Or prophetic by coinsidence. The others were all just riddles I've given up trying to solve.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join