It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a look at the other side: My Near Death Experience...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This particular part of my sojourn here began in 1980 when I was severly injured in a fall; I busted 3 discs in my back, tore the ulna nerve loose in my left arm,cracked my left hip, and broke my left shoulder blade; needless to say I spent a lot of time in the hospital being put back together.

During a test on my spinal cord commonly called a mylegram, I had a severe reaction to the iodine the Drs. injected into my spinal cord, my blood pressure hit 280/270 and I went into cardiac arrest; I was clinically dead for 33 minutes, no heart beat, zero brainwave activity; when my heart decided to restart on it's own (the drs. had already given up and were sending me to the morgue) I was put in icu, for they expected me to have massive brain damage and to basically to be a veggie from then on; needless to say they got excited when I woke up the next day and had all my senses and mental faculties working as good as they ever had.

When my hear stopped I suddenly felt a yanking sensation and then I was looking down at my body on the table and at all the drs and nurses as they tried to revive me, the realisation that,hey, I must be dead hitting me and the feeling was actually one of relief as a brilliant white light started to grow arond me, yet a tube-like tunnel appeared directly in front of me and I was drawn into it and travelled some distance to suddenly be in the most beautiful land I have ever seen, green grass, babbling brooks of pristine water, a sky so blue it dazzled the eyes;

as I looked around at all the beauty before me I was approached by this glowing ball of pure energy that proceeded to surround me and engulf me with a feeling I can only describe as pure love; the next little while I relived every event of my life up until the moment of my death, and it was a very umbling experience, for every bad deed I had committed I re-lived not just from my part, but also experienced what it had done to anyone else involved.

I was also shown a list of things that I had chosen to experience in that lifetime,what I had accomplished, and how many were left undone, and had to judge myself on how well I had done each thing.

Afer the being released me, I was approached by a group of what I will call elders, for they were dressed in long robes and all had long flowing hair and beards, and i was lead to a room where i was seated before them and we talked of many things, I was shown many things on a large screen on one wall, scenes from my life, and from many previous life cycles, both here on earth and stretching far into the past to other worlds and other galaxys.

to sum it up and not make this too boring, I was given a lot of information, about me, about why things are as they are, and what to expect and what needs to be changed in order for us the people to move upward and onward on our journey home.

Any here that have had an nde are most welcome to share it with us, it is looked forward to and anticipated with a smile; to me it is just much needed assurance and many questions answerd that have made my journey easier.

thanks for stopping by.

seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Thank you Seeker, for sharing this experience. As an agnostic, I've always been extremely interested in near death experiences.

I'm curious as to the level of free will (for lack of a better term) that you experienced during the experience. For example, you mentioned that you were "drawn into" the tunnel. Do you feel like you chose to enter the tunnel, or was it completely out of your control? Could you have resisted the tunnel?

I'm also curious as to the information you received regarding "what to expect and what needs to be changed in order for us the people to move upward and onward on our journey home".

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing this, it was not the least boring and I wish you would elaberate on further details. I know such experiences are actually very hard to find mere words to describe but if you could... would you share more.

How did you feel about leaving loved ones behind or had you had a chance to think of that? Were these "elders" male and female, were they old in appearance, etc. What exactly did they share with you that you can remember? What are we to do? So many questions.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool, a fairly typical NDE. A personal question... are you religious? You don't have to answer but I'm doing my own research on why people see what they see during an NDE.

How did it end? Did the elders tell you to go back or did you black out?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
hey im new to ats and your thread is very interesting to me cuz i made a thread about my kundalini experience and its kinda similar to yours jus different circumstances,but maybe be we traveled to the same place??

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its kinda long but the last 4 paragraphs seem connect to your experience
give me your input

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Unit54, I felt like I could have chosen the light or the tunnel; but the tunnel felt like the right choice at the time; as for future events, several things i was shown have come to pass already; I do consider myself a spiritual being having a human experience, and am not religious; the main message I will share is that we are all one people, and only a tiny bit of the creator's work; that we are on the threshold of advancing to the next level, but we must learn that love is the basis and must be the driving force behind all that we do.

peace to all.
seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Oh I'm so glad to see this thread. You've told me a bit about this experience, and I truly encourage you to share why it was that your work was not finished yet, what was still left undone. The many different experiences that we must learn and bring forward, the purpose and meaning you were shown, and the reason you were sent back, when you obviously had no wish to return at that point. As well, the wholeness you felt, when you were connected to your HS. For your experience as you explained is the closest I've been able to see to what our reality really is.

Very good thread, and so needed, with so many living in uncertainty and all of the fears many have about the future, to see that this is but one short glimpse of our very long journey may bring us to the realization that we need to find our purposes while we're here, and become awake and conscious, rather than pass through our existence asleep, mesmerized by the media surrounding us. Love and light!

[edit on 3-6-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing this, it was not the least boring and I wish you would elaberate on further details. I know such experiences are actually very hard to find mere words to describe but if you could... would you share more.

How did you feel about leaving loved ones behind or had you had a chance to think of that? Were these "elders" male and female, were they old in appearance, etc. What exactly did they share with you that you can remember? What are we to do? So many questions.

Thank you.

It is very difficult to do a good description because the human language just isn't up to describing how it was; a sense of timelessness,plus realising that we all journey together, that our loved ones on this side have shared a great many lives with us, and that our children in this life time may have been our brothers or friends in others; also that we are all connected, that there is a universal link or collective unconsciousness that does indeed tie us altogether.

seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
Sounds pretty cool, a fairly typical NDE. A personal question... are you religious? You don't have to answer but I'm doing my own research on why people see what they see during an NDE.

How did it end? Did the elders tell you to go back or did you black out?

No,D, I am not religious,for in my eyes religion is but a tool of man to control and dictate to other men; to quote another member here from a while back:" The Creator of all things does not need or require a religion to remind him of his works; all the creator requires is our love and to do all things from love."

As to how it ended, after being shown many wondrous things, about our world, our people, and others that abide amongst the stars, I was allowed to meet my long dead maternal grandfather, a man that died when I was a year old, and did get to talk with him for a bit before he told me that I had much to do, children to father and raise( I had none at the time) and a great many changes in the world to witness and be a part of, and to always let love be my guiding light in all things; he hugged me and i was back in my body in icu.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Had something similar but different happen to me. Whether it was neurons firing off or not the end result was the same with info given to me directly about my life.

The difference was after going to/through the light I was on a staircase and could see what appeared to be people below me all stripped of their flesh and in pain begging me for water. When I got to the top of the steps I went in.

I was told that I was walking on the fence if I wasn't careful I would fall off. I just assumed that was the reason for the stairs. The curious thing I was told is that chances are I would die again because my reason for living was important and some entities wanted to see me fail. Was then told that they would do their best to keep it from happening. Interesting though I did die again. Second time no light was just given instructions on what to do by a voice in pitch black so saw nothing that time.

There's so much more to the story I just don't like to tell the whole thing because it freaks people out or they think I'm a nut job. (Hence I don't tell it at all anymore)

Edit Religious wise I'm not associated with any nor do I believe in attending church. I've always felt every religion is just a group of people who broke off what might have been a universal religion because they thought they were right and everyone else was wrong.

After this experience I started studying religion everything from standard Christianity to the satanic cults. I'm finding that all of them have at least one underlying belief of creationism. They just argue on interpretations of different religious texts and foolishly believe their religion is right and everyone else is wrong.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

I have encountered the same reaction over the years from different people after hearing of my nde; I have had a couple tell me to my face that i was as nutty as a squirrel turd; but events i related to them have come to pass over the years so some have changed their tune, some still call me a squirrel turd.

I was also told that I have important things to do, and I almost died again, came quiye close in 2000 and then again this past spring; but I am still here, enjoying every minute of every day, and looking forward to each new day.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Thanks,mystiq, for I needed the encouragement to share this; most of it is of a very personal nature and will no doubt leave some questions un-answered, but I do feel it is time for many out here to realise that this life here is but a very brief stop on the long journey home, that we are not solitary travellers in any sense of the word, and that we are unique but only to a point, the Creator has many works and projects like us, and that we the people need to grow, to forget and put aside all the petty childish differences and unite as one people to become all that we truly can be.

namaste.

seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
reply to post by Darthorious

I have encountered the same reaction over the years from different people after hearing of my nde; I have had a couple tell me to my face that i was as nutty as a squirrel turd; but events i related to them have come to pass over the years so some have changed their tune, some still call me a squirrel turd.

I was also told that I have important things to do, and I almost died again, came quiye close in 2000 and then again this past spring; but I am still here, enjoying every minute of every day, and looking forward to each new day.

Ya my closest family members think I'm psychic and I just laugh and tell them no I just happen to know what the future has in store for me.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darthorious
There's so much more to the story I just don't like to tell the whole thing because it freaks people out or they think I'm a nut job. (Hence I don't tell it at all anymore)

I for one would love to hear your story although I totally understand if you wouldn't want to tell it again.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

It is interesting that the brain is "dormant" when they give one drugs while trying to revive them. That means it is impossible to hallucinate during the trauma the body is going through. Another words, what happened to you is 100% real. I had an OBE when I was rushed to the hospital, and it was a weird and wonderful experience. I never got to travel anywhere or get beyond my body, but I will never forget the experience for as long as I live.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

to sum it up and not make this too boring, I was given a lot of information, about me, about why things are as they are, and what to expect and what needs to be changed in order for us the people to move upward and onward on our journey home.

This is actually very interesting information, and I really hope you share more about the knowledge you were given on the other side, and some of the things we needed to accomplish and change here.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

It is interesting that the brain is "dormant" when they give one drugs while trying to revive them. That means it is impossible to hallucinate during the trauma the body is going through. Another words, what happened to you is 100% real. I had an OBE when I was rushed to the hospital, and it was a weird and wonderful experience. I never got to travel anywhere or get beyond my body, but I will never forget the experience for as long as I live.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

thanks for sharing that with us,flash; the funny part was when I woke up in icu with the dr standing there with his back to me,explaining to my family that i went far too long without oxygen to my brain, and that, if I ever did come out of the coma, that i would be basically a vegetable;

i reached out and poked the doc in the butt and asked him who he was calling a turnip and he almost passed out.

After many tests from EEg's to many others, I am showing absolutely no signs of any cranial carnage.

peace and love to all.
seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am fascinated with NDEs and just love hearing them, thanks so much for sharing this.

I have read often about the feeling of 'timelessness' that you described, as if time doesn't exist and is somewhat of an 'illusion'. Is there anyway you could explain this absence of time... it seems like such a foreign concept, how did you know time didn't exist?

Also, during the event were you still 'you', as in were you changed in anyway? or did you retain your earthly personality, your identity.

cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

This is actually very interesting information, and I really hope you share more about the knowledge you were given on the other side, and some of the things we needed to accomplish and change here.

Many of the changes deal with the way we treat our fellow poeple,mystiq; we must grow past race,creed,color, and greed, there is no reason what so ever for any child to go hungry in this world of plenty, no reason for any person to rape or murder, no reason other than greed and the darkness in people's hearts that any should ever do without, or that our poor planet should be mis-used and abused in the way it has.

peace and love for all
seeker

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think that is wonderful you had that experiance to help you on your journey here on earth. Do you think we have these NDE/OBE because we need to put back on the right track to accomplish what we were suppose to do.

I agree with you, no one should go hungry,no rape or murder, we as a society have created this hunger on our humanity, and the rape and murder of each other. If everyone was provided for a lot of anger and negative energies would go away. Unfortanately we can always hope.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join