It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British hostage 'killed' by al-Qaida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

British hostage 'killed' by al-Qaida

www.guardian.co.uk

Gordon Brown today condemned as "barbaric" the killing of a British hostage being held by an al-Qaida group in north Africa.

A statement from No 10 said it had "strong reason" to believe that the Briton, Edwin Dyer, had been killed.

"We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaida cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism," the prime minister said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I feel sorry for this poor man and his family. Especially in light that his country did absolutely nothing to save him. I couldnt imagine being in his boots knowing that Ive been left to die(the poor bastard was probably beheaded). I cant imagine a worse way to die. I can tell you that if Im ever a victim of kidnaping in any Arab state Im going to try my best to kill myself by any means to save myself the fear before your beheaded.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I share you're sorrow OP, it certainly puts in to perspective all the whinging muslims complaining about torture.
They are a barbaric bunch, their views on woman alone shows how backward they are. Oil buys a lot of friends though, hopefully when the west no longer needs fossil fuels they will get what's been coming to them since the crusades.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkAkaSilent
I can tell you that if Im ever a victim of kidnaping in any Arab state Im going to try my best to kill myself by any means to save myself the fear before your beheaded.

Agreed, i'd try and fight my way out... knowing that a bullet would be better than a blade.

Poor, poor man. I don't understand why we couldn't have deployed some special unit to bust him out?

Would certainly give potential kindappers something to think about when they SAS come and drop them all.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yes, and from the 'Religion of Peace'. This piece meal fight against these extremists is starting to look the farce it is. I'm not pro war but they seem to be so, maybe they should reap exactly what they sow?
Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Yes, and from the 'Religion of Peace'. This piece meal fight against these extremists is starting to look the farce it is. I'm not pro war but they seem to be so, maybe they should reap exactly what they sow?
Zindo

But obviously not all Muslims are the same. Never forget that.

That would be like comparing every Christian to a crusader or the inquisition.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

If you read my post, I think you can see that I do not smear all with the same brush. My neighbor is Turkish Muslim and a finer man I don't know! All true extremists are dangerous in any venue!

Zindo

new topics

top topics

join