It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge arranges sterilization as part of Charleston woman's probation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Levenson complains the Judge's offer of arranging a free tubal ligation was "inherently coercive" because the woman concerned would not feel free to refuse.

But then, in the same interview, Levenson says there is a danger now of other women committing crimes just to obtain free tubal ligations ...

God spare me the confused and condescending paternalism of the middle class.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
3 kids is enough. I dont agree with it in the instance of being caught smoking weed but... Im for forcing it on people who already have 2 children. Why are people allowed to be so selfish they just keep poping out kids they cant afford? your tax dollars support selfish peoples children.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
3 kids is enough. I dont agree with it in the instance of being caught smoking weed but... Im for forcing it on people who already have 2 children. Why are people allowed to be so selfish they just keep poping out kids they cant afford? your tax dollars support selfish peoples children.

What you suggest would necessitate a removal of certain rights guaranteed by the Fourth, Fifth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the United States Constitution. Shouldn't we expunge all other options before resorting to giving up our own civil liberties? Options such as welfare reform, tax reform, and responsible government spending. Every man, women, and child could receive a welfare check of $181.00 for the money spent by the Homeland Security department alone!

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I can't really agree with you. Some of the people sterilizing themselves later want more babies. I am so sick of people who birth two children then steal children from other people. They never adopt the unwanted, undesirable, neglected ,or handicapped children, they only want to adopt the best. We now have bounties on blonds or rhesus negative children. God help the disenfrachised when they give birth to a perfect child, because when they do not willingly fork over perfect children the child stealers find under handed ways to dispose of the parents. None of this would happen if the people who wanted more than two children just had them old fashioned way.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I agree with you single women with children live painful lives,but the judge is no friend to the woman in this case. He is there to punish her as such he should stay out of her life after he sentences her. He is trying to get around the fact that he can not sentence women to tubal ligations by pretending he is only acting as a friend. Most women would tell their freinds who offered to pay for their tubal ligations to go to hell. He has too much power over her already for me to believe the woman is acting freely.

I will wait twenty years to see how all the women who recieved tubal ligations have faired but so far from my observations I am noticing complications such as depression, divorce, and early onset alziemers. I do not trust planned parenthood to tell the truth about tubal ligations. Anyone who forcibly or secretly sterilizes another belongs in jail.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by eradown]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The thing that actually bugs me about this woman's case is the Pandora's Box that the judge may have opened with his choice. Undoubtedly, since she already has 3 kids, it's not too heavy on her mind to have a cost-free tubal. What is on her mind is the fact that the tubal will get her out of doing time for 5 years.

Okay, so (maybe) she won't have anymore kids. How does that benefit all the kids out there that she may very well 'distribute' more pot/drugs to during the next 5 years? Will she really learn anything from this experience?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join