It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yep, It's Thermite! So Much for the "Oxygen" Excuse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You mean therm*te?

Well what is being claimed here? That some sort of superdooper therm*te was used to bring down the WTCs. You are saying (if I am not mistaken) that the eutectic mixture is what did the melting. Well, how can you be sure it didnt happen during the weeks and months later when the pile was allowed to go through chemical reactions (non-therm*tic reaction ok?) which could have produced the eutectic mixture? Its not always therm*te that does something like this. I have posted information before on this which gives a better idea on these sorts of things.

[edit on 6/3/2009 by GenRadek]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

GenRadek, what's with the spelling of Therm*te? It is annoying the heck out of me..

Edited to add:

The spheres of molten metal are also very convincing to me. It took an awful lot of heat to melt metal and all official reports deny that molten metal was a factor in the collapse. It is an extremely important part of the report, as far as I am concerned.

[edit on 3/6/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"There must be a millions of Ph.Ds worldwide. Finding a couple that want any kind of controversial media attention and maybe find some extra work isn't exactly hard."

So, let me get this straight - Dr. Steven Jones sacrificed his academic career at BYU for some "controversial media attention"??? Oooookaaaay...

Truth alert: it's more like the Mormons decided to throw SJ under the bus probably because he was getting too close to the truth. Kind of difficult to trust any organizations which promote censorship and propaganda (like Universities and MSM). Obviously, when SJ stopped doing the 911 goose step, he lost his credibility.

Those who indiscriminately attack the character of others, instead of critiquing their work, are the ones which need to have their credibility checked.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Just a question,
And it's one I've not really seen answered.
What was the criteria that Dr Jones sacked under,
the only explanation I have found was that his place of work
was not happy with his findings?
Was that because they,(presumably including colleagues)
had proper scientific doubts,or because it might cause problems
for the collegiate itself..as in don't rock the boat.
This guy started with his theory out on a limb really,a maverick
if you like, and has persisted with his theory.
Now,with the newest findings, it is up to the 9/11 commision
to make some kind of counter,that has to be the cry.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by turbofan

So are we supposed to take your word for it that you contacted the scientist directly and that is his real legitimate response?

I'm not trolling here, i believe that it's a real good question.

For a group of people who say "open your mind" a lot of people in this thread seemed to have bought into your story without any evidence what so ever....

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Well, fair is fair, yeah? Perhaps the OP can tell us how to get into direct contact with the scientist in question so that someone else can ask (RESPECTFULLY) the scientist to perform a test with no oxygen present just to lay this to rest?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The Thermite reaction is not affected by the presence of oxygen in the air.
Fe2O3 + 2Al → Al2O3 + 2Fe
The oxygen for the reaction is supplied by the Iron Oxide... It can also be supplied by Chromium oxide, - the affinity of aluminum for oxygen is extraordinary, making this reaction possible..
There is approximately 16,000 joules of heat released per gram of Aluminum powder consumed in the Thermite reaction

This would explain the hot pools of molten metal reported in the debris - Thermite creates white hot liquid iron, which then cuts through steel (or whatever it is in contact with) as if it were warm butter on a hot summer day.

Edite: added: And it does not explode it just sort of fizzles, dripping white hot iron...

-----------------

Can someone point me to a link about the company that had the security contract for the towers and building 7... I recall reading a report that it was a company that was run by an in-law of one of the Bush brothers...someone with access to these buildings had to cut drywall away, and then wrap each pillar with the rolled up Nano-Thermite tape/goo or cord.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Yeah an unpresedented shutdown of wtc 1 and 2 shortly before the attacks for 'cabling upgrades'.

Suuure.

Jeb Bush owned the security company which conveniently removed bomb sniffing dogs a few days leading up to WTC lies.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Thanks for posting the reduction. The point that is being made here and by people who either follow the official story or at least want to be sure of what they are seeing is that the only way to prove that the compound found was really thermite is to burn it with no oxygen present. Hopefully, this will put suspicion to rest.

That is assuming these people won't then start asking for an exact chemical composition of the tray the material was on and the temperature of the electric spark used to ignite the thermite and the alignment of the earth's magnetic field at the time the test was done.

I'm not saying the truely devout will be satisfied. They won't.. but this might settle the discussion for those of us willing to take the tests at face value.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by seataka

Yeah an unpresedented shutdown of wtc 1 and 2 shortly before the attacks for 'cabling upgrades'.

Suuure.

Jeb Bush owned the security company which conveniently removed bomb sniffing dogs a few days leading up to WTC lies.

that's very interesting indeed.

Of course... depending that you can actually show anything that resembles evidence to make it true?

I've seen lots of theories in this thread alone, and nay a single shred of proof.

You know? Proof. That thing that every "truther" claims the official story lacks?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Eh, I gotta call you on that one Fremd. Circumstancial evidence cannot in and of itself make a case, but it can be considered when tied with other evidence. If the only evidence in question was the shutdown of a few floors of the WTC, or the elevator work, or the security changes; well, I would agree that it was not enough. All of them together is a tad more compelling.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

that's fair, but im asking for evidence of everything

the buildings were shut down?
IF thats true, where's the evidence?

Jeb Bush owns the security department? Proof?
The security department he owns was in charge of the WTC? Proof?
He pulled bomb sniffing dogs? Proof?

None of it has any proof.

It's as if it were all conjured out of thin air.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
What hasn't been adequately shown, though, is whether this "nanothermite" could be created during an event in which a jet plane struck a steel-framed building and essentially destroyed it.

Thermite is basically iron oxide and aluminum. Iron oxide is plain old rust; aluminum is plain old aluminum. "Nanothermite" is specially formulated using extremely tiny particles of these two substances, making it (we're told) far more active. It can even explode, we're told.

The question in my mind is whether the building itself, perhaps along with the aluminum from the plane, could have made some "nanothermite" simply as a result of the fire and the various metals present at the site. I don't think this issue has been resolved yet. I suppose the only way to do it is to ram a plane into a similar building. Getting a permit to do this might be difficult. Still, I don't see that there being a nanothermite explosion (that is, nanothermite deliberately used to destroy the building) is the *ONLY* explanation for the presence of these chemicals.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

lol sorry man.
Just using the * to designate the different types of thermite. Like thermate. There are some differences. lol! So I stick with therm*te in oder to cover my bases!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Thanks for replies Rogerstigers and Ghostrider,

Dear Chrion613,

re any other way to make thermite... metallic aluminum will not make it, the aluminum must be as a fine powder.

The Aluminum in planes is alloyed with magnesium, and I believe the scientists assay showed little Magnesium, and I repeat it would have to powdered..and then well mixed with iron oxide, and then wrapped around the surface of each girder..

Edit: Yeah i checked the assay and there was no magnesium... so it would be a safe bet to abandon your possible alternative explanation..

If you strike a match to pile of powdered aluminum, nothing happens.. but if you mix it with iron oxide... it burns white hot.

In the microphotgraphs from the PDF in the OP, of the little reddish chunks of thermite, those would be the mix of finely powdered aluminum metal (not granular) and iron oxide (which is red).

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by chiron613

Well, my gut tells me that it would not be very likely for an aluminum plane and a steel building to blend and make nano-thermite. (get your peanut butter out of my chocolate!) Course ya'll prolly don't want to listen to my guts opinion...

I agree, though, we need to test. Remember the shuttle breakup on reentry? They didn't just "guess".. they proved it with a test. Let's fly an old 747 into an old building scheduled for demolition somewhere and see what happens. Do we have any abandoned towns anywhere with skyscrapers? Maybe in the Chernobyle area?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
reply to post by turbofan

So are we supposed to take your word for it that you contacted the scientist directly and that is his real legitimate response?

I'm not trolling here, i believe that it's a real good question.

For a group of people who say "open your mind" a lot of people in this thread seemed to have bought into your story without any evidence what so ever....

One only need to take 5 minutes to follow the links in the official post to
prove otherwise. Unless you believe I found the LRDR report; and the
forum where JOnes debates Nilsen?

Let's say I'm half psychic then, here are a couple of screen shots from myu
inbox:

procision-auto.com...

(large image, takes a while to load)
procision-auto.com...

Still want to derail and doubt? Why don't you take 5 minutes and drop
Stevie a line? Ask him the same questions I did...you know research...
and also ask him if he wrote "Tino" today.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
Well, how can you be sure it didnt happen during the weeks and months later when the pile was allowed to go through chemical reactions (non-therm*tic reaction ok?) which could have produced the eutectic mixture?

What other corrosive reactions are eutectic, and could have just occurred naturally like that?

[edit on 3-6-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek Well, how can you be sure it didnt happen during the weeks and months later when the pile was allowed to go through chemical reactions (non-therm*tic reaction ok?) which could have produced the eutectic mixture? Its not always therm*te that does something like this. I have posted information before on this which gives a better idea on these sorts of things.

Sorry,your theory does not make sense.

What produced the UNREACTED Thermite chips then?

Also feel free to read the report that shows the nano sized chips and
chemical signature. It's not paint...and it wasn't created post collapse
due to the unreacted particles.

What do you suggest this energy source (which is greater than a known
control sample of nano-thermite) could possibly be?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
reply to post by seataka

Suuure.

it was Marvin Bush, not Jeb.. he was the governor of Florida remember?
and "Marvin" wasn't there at the time, he had already left the company the year before..
and he didn't own the company..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join