It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

82% debt to GDP!! MSNBC cuts live feed of Bernake testimony

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok, I don't know for sure that this was done intentionally, but I was watching the live testimony of Bernake testifying before a Congressional House Budget Committee on MSNBC www.msnbc.msn.com.... Just now, when Rep Hearsling (or something like that) was asking some very interesting and very tough questions of Bernake, the live feed was cut for about 1 min. When it came back on, another Rep was asking questions.

The questions Hearsling was asking was concerning our forecasts being between 50% and 82% debt to GDP (yes, I typed that right and he showed a picture of it) and the fact that he couldn't see how Geithner could tell China that their investment in our debt was good. He (Hearsling) was asking Bernake how, given the figures, what Geithner was saying could be the truth. That's when it was cut.

I know I'm not relating this very well because I'm in a hurry. Sorry for that but I want to know if anyone else saw this? I really do believe that MSNBC cut the live feed on this.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok, I had a little more time to look at this and at least found out the Rep's name. It was Jeb Hensarling, TX - Vice Ranking Member

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I wrote him the following email. Hopefully, he will respond.

Mr. Hensarling,

I was watching Ben Bernake's testimony to the House Budget Committee today on MSNBC when during your questioning of him the live feed was cut.

I was very interested in your questions and would like to not only know what his answers were but your take on them. Thank you for asking the tough questions, you were asking the questions I want to ask him.

You can contact me via email. Thank you again.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Interesting but I remember that the forecast was a boost to the GDP due to American consumers no buying as much as they used too so China was having problems because of that.

Then the Obama stimulus was to stimulate the economy bringing the GDP to worst numbers than expected because most of the stimulus money was to end in China's economy.

I see that this is a lot worst than expected after all, people doesn't' understand sometimes how this so call stimulus is working, is not working for the advantage of Americas economy but for the economies of everybody that Americas depend on for consumerism, that means China Pakistan, India and you name it.

This is the result of America becoming a nation of consumers and not enough producers.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Well I think Rep Hensarling probably let something slip that they didn't want the public to know. They certainly didn't want China to hear that.

I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more response from ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
very interesting

cutting live feeds has happened before

this leads me to believe that "White Sands" decided it was not for public consumption.

White Sands controls live video feeds. They don't like what you are showing, they cut it.

More info here

ps. in the link video you get to see Larry King (CNN) talk constantly about all the pills/drugs he loves. Funny stuff.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah the link was to the live hearing. It's over now so I guess it goes to the next video on the list.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is the response I got back from him. I guess we'll just have to wait 2-3 weeks, hahahaaaaa.......... BTW, I don't live in Texas but had to register on his website with a zip code from his district in order to send him an email.

Thank you for contacting me and for visiting my website. It is important to hear from constituents on the issues facing the 5th District of Texas.

My goal is to individually respond to each letter, e-mail or fax received in my Washington or District offices in a timely manner. Due to the often complex nature of the issues and the volume of mail and e-mail I receive, please allow 2-3 weeks to receive a written response to your inquiry.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent you in the United States House of Representatives.

Yours respectfully,

JEB HENSARLING

Member of Congress

top topics

join