It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says does not plan to bomb Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Israel says does not plan to bomb Iran

www.newsdaily.com

MOSCOW, June 3, 2009 (Reuters) — Israel is not planning to bomb Iran, Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said on Wednesday, addressing speculation it might launch a military operation to destroy the Islamic Republic's nuclear program.

Israel, widely believed to be the Middle East's only nuclear power, has repeatedly described Iran's uranium enrichment as a threat to its existence and has said all options were on the table in preventing Tehran from building atomic weapons.

"I have been asked by Saudi journalists about when Israel plans to bomb Iran. We are not planning to bo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Now I'm really worried. In my experience, countries
say anything to deflect attention from what they actually have planned.

But perhaps Obama's criticism has some meaning to the Israelis; however I doubt it.

The leaders of Israel have an agenda, support of a large part of the citizens and pay scant attention to criticism from other world leaders.

If I was a betting man, and I am; I would bet green money that we will see a strike on Iran this summer.

The big question is; what will be the response of the US, and the world?

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm a betting man Whaaa and I'm with you, this is propaganda and Israel will more than likely strike Iran's nuclear properties this summer.

Israel's propaganda of Gaza last year gives credence to this.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by RussianScientists]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't think they will,i think they lost their window of opportunity quite some time ago.Course i wouldn't put anything past Israel but i think they have done the numbers,looked over their strategy and realised its simply not a viable option anymore.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
I don't think they will,i think they lost their window of opportunity quite some time ago.Course i wouldn't put anything past Israel but i think they have done the numbers,looked over their strategy and realised its simply not a viable option anymore.

So do you now feel that Israel will allow Iran to build nuclear power plants, enrich weapons grade uranium? Why the change?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Like op, iran should never lower there defenses with things like this. Talk is cheap, and you can only judge people by there fruits.

The media is used by those who run society to play games, and you should never trust it at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

yup.. It been my experience that when a nation says to another nation not to pay attention to something... normally with in the week that something happens.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Another source here:

Lieberman in Moscow: Israel has no intention of bombing Iran (JPost)

To paraphrase Lieberman, a nuclear armed Iran is the world's problem not just Israel's, so why the hell should Israel risk its own neck to save regimes such as the House of Saud from Iranian expansionism?

Seems quite pragmatic and sensible to me - Lieberman is a clever man.

new topics

top topics

join