It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP: FEMA may put storm victims in foreclosed homes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik
I live in a hurricane area and believe me....those FEMA trailers stayed around waaaaaay too long. I didn't have to live in one thankfully but still... they gave the people way too much cash and way too much time especially.

Funny you should mention those trailers...

FEMA is now selling off trailers to those still in them, for as low as 1 dollar a piece

www.latimes.com...

Why not keep them for use in future scenarios?

ed:add link

[edit on 6/4/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well Fannie and Freddy were the first to get the ball rolling on that one after Katrina hit my wife deals with R.E.O. property (bank owned)
They lost about 30 or so to relief housing over a span of a few months my wife was left with the responsibility of having repairs done and what not I am not for sure but I think it was $18 a month for a yer or $1.00 for 18 months just like renting a place with the option to by at the end but sometimes it was kinda outrageous they would put them in country club type places with golf and tennis with no HOA or greens fees but when some of the ones that couldn't bye would leave well there went the copper and all the appliances I know it was a good thing for fannie and freddy to do but they didnt have to strip the place on the way out
Im trying to find a link

[edit on 4-6-2009 by hillbilly4rent]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I couldnt get the link to post in my other so here it is
archive.newsmax.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Estharik

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

Good idea yes but it isn't government owned homes they were mentioning, it was foreclosed homes and the banks would be getting paid rent for the use of them...

What if they just take the houses temporarily because banks owe so much money and just knock off a bit of the debt? They could be using these emergency storm situations as a buffer for what is owed. If it doesn't make any sense sorry I just woke up

That is really the solution to all our problems. Have the goverment take all the assets underlying the bad debt and let the fed reduce the amount the banks owe. Goverment then could work with inhabitants towards a workable mortgage and take the already empty homes and use them to help needy people get back on their feet.

Reminds me of something i read in a thread here. Someone came to the Us from a very poor nation and when he saw homeless people slepping in the streets he asked "Why with all these large and beautiful dwellings will no one let these people sleep in their homes."

The principles of our society suck. We are doomed unless they change. Your suggestion would be a good step forward.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I think its a great thing to do actually. Theres nobody living in these homes so you mine as well place these people in there for the time being. Why didnt they think of this before?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join