It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public asked to help monitor life on earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

www.newsdaily.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Alister Doyle, Environment CorrespondentPosted 2009/06/01 at 6:30 am EDT
OSLO, June 1, 2009 (Reuters) — Scientists asked people around the world on Monday to help compile an Internet-based observatory of life on earth as a guide to everything from the impact of climate change on wildlife to pests that can damage crops.

"I would hope that ... we might even have millions of people providing data" in the long term, James Edwards, head of the Encyclopedia o
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This online reporting system would be Free
I think that this info system would be of great value to all life on the planet.

Instead of reports going all over the net only to be seen by a few at each site, it could all come together to start the ball rolling on help, management and fix's as soon as issues are
realized or questioned.

A move toward Global Enlightenment ?

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
More than likely, this report should have gone into the Fragile Earth forum. My apologies to all.
Move it if you deem it necessary.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It makes sense to me AzureSkys; could be used to track migrations, disease, Earth changes, etc.

Only problem I can see is that it is user-generated, and I wonder if some might be inclined to put a slight spin on the information they provide to further a personal agenda.

I think it'd be a valuable resource. Thanks for bringing the article to us!

new topics

top topics

join