It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 mysterious orange UFOs cross the night sky

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have a question. Why does it seem like "chinese lanterns" are confined to England, a country with coincidently the highest number of UFO sightings in the world? Since when has firing up Chinese lanterns ever been a tradition in England anyways? When were these lanterns even invented? I live in the US and I've never seen anyone use or even talk about them at all here, nor in any other part of the world.

This leads to my main point; you have to wonder whether the people who invented these "lanterns" did so with the intention of purposely distorting the phenomenon, because the REAL UFO/alien orbs look almost exactly alike from a distance. Ask ufoorbhunter.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cmazzagatti

Have you not heard? chinese lanterns are the new swamp gas, get with the times man

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here is an authentic UFO orb. This was captured by ufoorbhunter after a mass sighting he and a friend witnessed a while ago and captured with his mobile phone in Buxton/Derbyshire. Notice the similarities:

here

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

I think you're dead wrong on this one, always the lanterns or the balloons Zzzzz

If you read the text from the Telegraph :
Scott Boswell, 37, a former pilot and soldier from nearby Hinchingbrooke, captured some of the lights on his camera
Mr Boswell, in the City of London, said: "I noticed three lights floating past our house, probably a couple of kilometres away, and thought nothing of it.

"But then I noticed a big long string of lights coming from the direction of Brampton and heading over the Stukeley Meadows direction. This was about 11.30pm and I got a couple of blurred shots. I'm pretty sure these weren't aircraft.

"There was no noise, no navigation lights and their heading and height was relatively constant until they disappeared out of sight."

The former solider said he did not think they were flares or weather balloons, the standard explanation for unusual objects in the sky.

Auberon and Suzi Hedgecoe, who run the Braywood Guest House in Huntingdon, saw around 50 orange lights in the sky.

Mr Hedgecoe said: "It was like an armada. There was no sound. They were travelling 15 at a time and every six minutes more seemed to be coming over the horizon.

"They were not planes. These were not balloons. Each one was the size of a building. If they had been balloons, then they would have had to have been huge and they looked weighty."

He said the lights were no higher than 3,000ft.

Mr Hedgecoe said it was so extraordinary that the couple woke up their 10-year-old son Barney and his friend Zac, who was staying over, to see the spectacle.

Another witness said she had counted 35 lights in the sky.

Source

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I've witnessed these objects.

Actually, many people in my country had. They used to be very frequent here, easy to spot for good observants of the skies.

Recently the activity has decreased.

And definitely NOT chinese lanterns.

[edit on 4/6/09 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"Stunned families watched as more than 20 UFOs buzzed over awestruck Britain Sunday."

"The lights in the sky lined up in a flying formation before disappearing upwards into space."

"The eerie extra-terrestrial crafts were hovering in the night sky over the town, moving in different directions before eventually shooting straight up into the atmosphere."

www.thesun.co.uk...

"I have flown planes and helicopters before and I know these were not them, helicopters couldn't line up like that or move that fast."

Former air hostess Claire Jackson, also from Lincoln, saw the same strange yellow objects circling in the sky that night.

Claire, 40, said: "I counted around 20 lights in the sky, they seemed to be moving around each other.

"They were definitely not aircraft or fireworks, they moved differently, it was really strange."

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

On radio 5 news today wedding guest released sky lanterns
so much for the ufo theories another one bites the dust!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Oh ok! Must be true. So these sky lanterns stretched over 3 countries and multiple cities? From Czech to Holland to UK?

Those must be some damn solid lanterns, where can I buy some of that quality? The ones that pair up and spin in circles, are the size of a home etc. Well you read the countless eyewitness reports, from FAMILIES not individuals, so you know what's up.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmazzagatti
I have a question. Why does it seem like "chinese lanterns" are confined to England, a country with coincidently the highest number of UFO sightings in the world? Since when has firing up Chinese lanterns ever been a tradition in England anyways? When were these lanterns even invented? I live in the US and I've never seen anyone use or even talk about them at all here, nor in any other part of the world.

This leads to my main point; you have to wonder whether the people who invented these "lanterns" did so with the intention of purposely distorting the phenomenon, because the REAL UFO/alien orbs look almost exactly alike from a distance. Ask ufoorbhunter.

Very large Chinese population in the UK almost every major city in the uk has a chinatown district!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Chinese lantern's. This is what is said for someone to keep feeling safe.
As was the swamp gas in the past! Why Radar techs are seeing lantern's all over the sky. It must be the new lantern's now are able to stay in the sky for not just minutes but hours.

I know not every one thinks that UFO's are real, that is ok. But the use of Lantern's and the making fun of someone who has seen something that is there and they cannot understand is Old.

If one does not want to see or believe that there is something strange going on in the sky's around the world, then ok, but do not make fun of the Thousands who have seen . They are getting tired of it and are starting to come forward and fight to find out what is going on!

I think the debunkers have done more to bring the UFO issue to the front pages than anyone else. People see these statements and are wondering why one would say such a thing when they know it is not true.

At least some of the New's media are starting to see that making fun of the ones who have seen something is not getting them ahead anymore, in fact it is making them the one who are laughed at.
To many good people are coming forward and telling what they have seen and what is going on, so many in fact that they cannot be put aside as kooks anymore.

More than the UFO's I want to see and hear the answers and faces of the people who have been putting this down for all these years. It should be wonderful.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ciphor
reply to post by wmd_2008

Oh ok! Must be true. So these sky lanterns stretched over 3 countries and multiple cities? From Czech to Holland to UK?

Those must be some damn solid lanterns, where can I buy some of that quality? The ones that pair up and spin in circles, are the size of a home etc. Well you read the countless eyewitness reports, from FAMILIES not individuals, so you know what's up.

UK ONE SOLVED WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!

Just because your fantasy world has imploded again dont blame the messenger!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Some of these UK news reports are certainly just lanterns which is confusing the issue. However I have personally seen one of these orange lights myself in April and I can tell you for sure it WAS NOT a lantern, helicopter, satellite, balloon or star. It was also witnessed by at least five others in my neighbourhood as it hovered and moved about at quite close proximity. None of them have an explanation also.

Also, lanterns don't follow planes, "at speed" then repeatedly return to their original positon.....as reported in one of the latest sightings on uk-ufo!!

The MOD will only investigate reports if it considers it a threat to UK airspace. I think they better get investigating as certainly now there seem to be an increase in these objects associating with passenger planes around airports.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by highlander2008]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Some sky lantern info

This Sky Lantern produces a stunning glow when launched into the night sky, and will travel a distance of up to 15 miles before gently making its descent.

Specification
Size: Each Lantern is 108x40x60 cm
Colour: White
Shape: Traditional

Various colours various shapes can travel upto 15 miles under right conditions various colours and shapes etc over 1mtr tall!

link to site

www.nightskylanterns.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlander2008
Some of these UK news reports are certainly just lanterns which is confusing the issue. However I have personally seen one of these orange lights myself in April and I can tell you for sure it WAS NOT a lantern, helicopter, satellite, balloon or star. It was also witnessed by at least five others in my neighbourhood as it hovered and moved about at quite close proximity. None of them have an explanation also.

Also, lanterns don't follow planes, "at speed" then repeatedly return to their original positon.....as reported in one of the latest sightings on uk-ufo!!

The MOD will only investigate reports if it considers it a threat to UK airspace. I think they better get investigating as certainly now there seem to be an increase in these objects associating with passenger planes around airports.

It wasn't April the 1ST was it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 6/4/2009 by altered_states]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

UFO fever has hit Britain after hundreds of people reported seeing strange lights in the sky.

Amazed witnesses in Cheshire, Lincolnshire and Cambridgeshire spotted eerie lights and glowing orange orbs.

They said more than 20 strange lights appeared in a flying formation before disappearing into space.

Dozens have posted details of their sightings on uk-ufo.co.uk

Quick-thinking engineer Paul Slight captured the scene on his mobile phone at about 10.30pm on Sunday.

Paul, 54, of Lincoln, said: “There were 26 of them at first, dodging and darting in between each other like they were playing a game.”

And Karen Holt, 36, of Crewe, saw UFOs on May 9. She said: “I saw three balls of light they flew straight over my head at midnight.

Hmmm I didnt know lanterns could dodge and dart

www.dailystar.co.uk...

[edit on 6/4/2009 by altered_states]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Originally posted by highlander2008

It wasn't April the 1ST was it.

Sure ha ha, that's exactly what I would have said until I actually saw one. I am not saying these lights are "alien", they may well be some other phenomena. What is sure is that many of the sightings are NOT lanterns.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
By the way, here's a scanned copy of an official M.O.D. file about an incident that occured in 1989 near Norwich, England where a woman encountered a man wearing a flying garment one night while walking her dog. The man told her he was not from this planet and that his race was responsible for the crop circle phenomenon in the area. As she ran home terrified, she witnessed the man disappear and then watched a "large sphereical object, glowing ORANGE-white rising vertically from behind the bushes." The woman took the time out to report this incident to the RAF, and they stated it was one of the most unusual cases they had ever looked into.

Page 1

Page 2

The other piece of evidence was from a woodcut pamphlet in Hartfordshire, England, 1678 called The Mowing Devil. The exerpt states:

"And so it fell out, that very night, the crop of oat shew'd as if it had been all of a flame: but next Morning appear'd so neatly mow'd by the Devil or some Infernal Spirit, that no mortal man was able to do the like."

Mowing Devil Pamphlet

Does anyone see the connection?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Admittedly, some of these reports may be Chinese lanterns; but then the Sun and the Telegraph and the Daily Mail are all participating in some really amateur journalism, as it would not be difficult to substantiate some of these claims.

What I see as a good sign is that some reputable people are witnessing this phenomena, yet are quite confused.

Anyway, even though there has been quite a flap in the UK as of late, (plus the recent Czech one) the same phenomena was filmed by Slovakian police---at least I believe that is a different video than the one I saw today linking from this thread.

Also, look up Horn Lake UFO on Youtube. That would be here in the U.S. Eerily similar phenomenon with dozens of these orbs, flashing white or blue. It's hard to explain the numerous helicopters/aircraft that seem to be flying towards the Horn Lake orbs.

Anyway, I'm personally not quite sure what they are but was somewhat stunned to see that they were called-out as "extra-terrestrial crafts" by the Sun....sort of. I get the Sun's reputation, but still, they usually leave a little more the imagination, at least in some of the UFO stories I've seen that have been carried by them.

All in all, interesting. Keep your eyes on the darkened sky.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElepheagleAnyway, I'm personally not quite sure what they are but was somewhat stunned to see that they were called-out as "extra-terrestrial crafts" by the Sun....sort of. I get the Sun's reputation, but still, they usually leave a little more the imagination, at least in some of the UFO stories I've seen that have been carried by them.

Well at least they're honest, because thats EXACTLY what they are: higher dimensional extraterrestrial lightships! I happen to be priviledged to know this for a fact, but the lot of the world will soon also know as well.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join