It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 mysterious orange UFOs cross the night sky

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
How very bizarre -

Chinese Lanterns?

In addition to this, which may be of little or no relevance, I was witness to an invisible 'fly-over' of some description last week. I heard what can only be described as a 'ridiculously loud' tonal hum pass over the area of Westhoughton, near Bolton, UK. By tonal hum, I mean there was a distinct audible 'note' in the night sky. The sound lasted for about 90 seconds.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Hmmm This is happening more and more in the UK, I would be inclined to say Lantern's but im beginning to this that we are being made to think thats the case lately,

I don't know.. I just feel we are being pushed in to thinking all these sightings are nothing...

I really dont have a clue.. But i sure am getting interested.. I do however think im going to start looking in to these UK cases a little more,

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

There has definitely been an increase in the number of cases reported this year. And this -

600ft Jellyfish Crop Circle

Does it mean anything? Who can say at this point?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Has to be the most obvious pic of chinese lanterns I have ever seen. I mean really these people need to get out more.
I was spitting coffee at the big as houses claim.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

Ahh.. but according to the witnesses: "These were not balloons. Each one was the size of a building.."

"... they were quite low and they weren't travelling randomly, something was driving them.."

"..dodging and darting in between each other like they were playing a game.".

and another witness said "...the objects hung in the air for a second then shot off into the sky and disappeared".

Their behaviour, to me, strongly suggests they weren't lanterns. A lantern would burn off and come to rest on the ground.. they don't 'shoot off into the sky and disappear'.

There is also a blatant lie in the story. The final paragraph states that chinese lanterns can last for up to 20 minutes. Lie! Chinese lanterns last from up to 2 to 5 minutes MAX!

So can we please drop the Chinese lantern line once and for all.. we are dealing with an unexplained phenomena here! These orbs are turning up with increasing regularity of late. I wish they would turn up here in New Zealand - I have a 1080p high definition camcorder anxiously awaiting action!

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If they float in lines like lanterns, if they glow and flicker with an orange light like lanterns, if they respond to the smallest breeze like lanterns, then I'd say they are flaming sky lanterns. I guess the whole world will soon be familiar with these amusements and stop reporting them to the silly media.

WG3

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebox
How very bizarre -

Chinese Lanterns?

In addition to this, which may be of little or no relevance, I was witness to an invisible 'fly-over' of some description last week. I heard what can only be described as a 'ridiculously loud' tonal hum pass over the area of Westhoughton, near Bolton, UK. By tonal hum, I mean there was a distinct audible 'note' in the night sky. The sound lasted for about 90 seconds.

There are a few military bases around Boston Lincolnshire,

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
There are a few military bases around Boston Lincolnshire,

Boston? I live here - Westhoughton

There are in fact a few military installations in the North West, though I'm not aware of any in Bolton.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Must of been a big celebration for 50 lanterns eh? I don't know what to think..

[edit on 3-6-2009 by tim1989]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
More here.... this is odd:

UFOs in Cambridgeshire

[edit on 3-6-2009 by AF4Liberty]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AF4Liberty
More here.... this is odd:

UFOs in Cambridgeshire

[edit on 3-6-2009 by AF4Liberty]

That photo (below) is a representation of what he saw.www.dailymail.co.uk... .html

Unexplained: An image manufactured by Auberon Hedgecoe of how the lights appeared over a half an hour period above Huntingdon

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Must be Chinese Lanterns, after all it took some rich SOB buy dozens of them, ages to tie them all in line with string, light them one at a time , then watch them take off and fly away for at least 30 mins for people to spot them, but please note the 'time for lighting' for Chinese lanterns is 20 minutes before they die and float to the ground.

But other than that , can't be Ufo's can they? simply because someone would have found them lying on the ground by now?

[edit on 3/6/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is an interesting Vid of Chineese lanterns? This was posted my a person who seen these objects near a plane in Scotland,

link

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ok, Chinese Lanterns last for up to 20 mins... I've just googled it now I'm slightly concerned/excited/confused.

Two weeks ago, my girlfriend and I were watching Independence Day (of all films!) and during a break we went out for a ciggy. Looking up at the stars we discussing aliens and 2012...usual stuff
when my better half pointed out what looked like a moving star, then she spotted another one. Now I'm into UFO's but after watching so many clips and reading so much stuff over the years I'm not going to claim to see a "UFO" unless I cannot 100% identify it or an alien pops out and says "hi". So I assume that it's a Chinese lantern, but I decide to keep my eye on one of them. It was very high up and a white dot, not orange, and was moving in a steady pace north from away from the sea, the same direction as the other one. (I live in Poole, UK, BTW) So anyhow I stand there for about 30 mins watching this thing, while my other half has decide to call it a night. I decided to watch the rest of the film, but on the next advert break I go back outside for another ciggy. And the thing is still in the air. This has now been over an hour since we first spotted it....

Chinese Lantern?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi guys.

Sorry for my english. I am czech. The same was yesterday here. Thousands of people saw orange objects.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Man, what is up with the Pleiadians!? They really want to make it known that they're here, popping up all over the place!

Anyone who wants more info. on these ETs should watch Ships of Light: The Carlos Diaz Experience.

[edit on 3-6-2009 by cmazzagatti]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
These sky lanterns can be bought by ANYONE from a well-known commercial website, for as little as $10 each or $20 for a pack. Im literally banging my head against the table everytime another one of these reports comes out "Orange glowing-like object/s seen in the sky" what else is it going to bloody be! If they start turning blue, green, yellow and red and stop mid-flight, go up-down vertically, a few loops then carry on, then I might be a bit intrested. But are people really that STUPID to think that lanterns are actually UFOs?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Some of these lights in the sky are the real ufo orbs. They are not all chinese lanterns at all. I've seen lots of them robl240 and they are very real and are connected to radiant light motherships.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by leon419

Thank's for the link to the Czech footage Leon419, it looks like a typical ufo orb for sure. Looks like they are hitting home in Czech too. I was there in Czech for four months in 1992 and hiked through old Sudetenland, beautiful place and developed a love of rear engined cars and Starupramen lager. Wonderful wonderful place. Anyway back on topic it's really good to see other countries reporting these lights in the sky, looks like a world wide phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This news story is all over the net now. If you look around the real pictures are up and they are not that convincing and that is comming from a believer. The story ranges from 20-50 UFOs in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join