It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP the Police Tyranny

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Mind

First off its titorite. Not tito nor tit or anything else. Titorite. Thats me.

Second regardless of how I would do things the Army of the police are out of control. On my end I think it is wrong to criminalize victimless crimes that only the state feels should be illegal. I refuse to go through the list but their are dozens upon dozens of crime that do not infringe upon the liberty of others and only infringe upon the liberty of the individual.

Still these criminal cops that I speak of are not even on this list for enforcing any kind of law. They are on this list because they do things

LIKE MURDERING FIVE YEAR OLDS

CHILDREN! For crying out loud what circumstance requires tazeing or shooting a child!?! THEIR IS NO JUSTIFICATION! NONE!

ATS LINK PROVING MY POINT ABOUT POLICE TYRANNYSubmit or they will taze you!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
oh these people will stop the tyranny alright

even if its the last thing they do

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
ok...just got through this

First off...hi Paris...nice to see a man in blue. I happen to believe you are indeed a cop. Call it intuition, a feeling or maybe that I was a medic and worked with your kind alot.

Now I am sure that has destroyed my credibility with this crowd...but oh well

So let's take this piece by piece.

You have come up with...rough estimate...30 links thus far between you all. All bad stories but I have some issues with them.

1. Are they true or embellished? Do you seriously believe the media all the time? Ok so that 5 year old story is awful and I cannot deny it if it is true. Horrible...despicable...disgusting

The problem is how do you honestly know what happened at all the rest of those stories? The simple truth is that you don't. Are you telling me every one of those is completely verifiable and there is absolutely zero media spin in them? For some reason I highly doubt they are all exactly as the media says.

2. There is bad in every system

Corporate, municipal, judges, and career field you think of has its bad examples. I am not saying it's right but why aren't you up in arms about Octomon's Doctor? Why aren't you up in arms over priests who molest kids?

3. The numbers do not impress me one bit

30 links or so...make it 50...make it 100 links of bad police stories. Heck I will even say they are all true for the fun of it. Let's play even more. 1000 links. All true and all verified. So let's take 1000 bad police stories and do a comparison. I study psychology and loves statistics.

1000 bad police stories

let's pick not one state...just one city.

San Diego comes to mind. In 2008, San Diego Police handled 180883 reports.

Law of averages will tell you that if you divide the 1000 bad stories by the amount of total calls you will see what percentage of total calls are bad.

1000/180883 = .0055284

multiply that by 100 to turn the decimal into a percentage

If all 1000 bad stories happened in San Diego, then .55284% of total San Diego calls resulted in police brutality or unneeded fatality.

1 half of 1 percent of all calls would be bad stories. The thing is, I played dumb for a moment and used only one city. Compare the 1000 bad stories to the total amount of crimes in the US that are handled by the police. What shockingly minuscule percentage would that be?

Even if you came up with 10000 bad stories. What percentage is that?

4. Honesty

Ok let’s talk honesty here. We’ve openly seen someone say they do not believe paris is a cop. Ok fine. We all have opinions here and are all welcome to them. Let’s do a little table turning here. We have a gentleman who lives in London and claims the bobbies have made his life a living hell with absolutely no reason.

I don’t believe him. I have been to London. I have friends in London. Why has not a single other one is such close proximity not had the same problem? Why has nobody else in London come forward with a similar story? It’s awful hard for me to believe a set of bobbies saw this young man one day and said ‘Let’s get on!’ and suddenly began a reign of police terror with no reason at all.

Let’s get past him now and move back to the stories. I don’t believe those are all completely true. I think there is a lot missing and it happens many times. I am an avid listener of Howard Stern. Like him or hate him one thing is true (with audio included!)

Howard has two gents called Richard Christy and Sal Governale. These two get paid to literally sit and make phony phone calls. Richard calls a news station in New York while a gas leak is on. He claims he is part of the story and gives out details of a subject he knows absolutely nothing about. The news channel is so ecstatic to have breaking news that they patch him in and get hosed by the prank. News stations do have ratings and to boost ratings they use sensationalism from time to time.

This whole reeks of some people who have had bad experiences with cops and have quickly determined the rest must be equally bad. Not a good way to make determinations.

I’ve had one bad experience. My determination was that the cop in question was bad. The rest of them…well the jury is out. Until then I like to use our own country as an example. Innocent until proven guilty.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

KyoZero, I don't think you get it.

We have bad cops. The good cops tolerate and cover for the bad cops. What does this make the good cops when they allow misconduct to continue?

I mean every day there is a new story about police misconduct.

Look what was posted today

It is not that we have had a bad experience. Personal experiences do not even enter into this only reported stories that happen over and over and over until a very clear patter of terror emerges.

You would cover them saying "oh its not that bad its just your scewed point of view" But it is not. It is a problem. I big problem. In case you did not notice I have only been using US examples. Sure other nations have their own problems but that is their problems and not OUR problems ...in fact some nations don't even have problems.

I don't often read about Japanese or new Zealand police brutality.. and while I am sure they are not perfect neither one has the sheer volume of police misconduct cases as the US has...

And that is the problem. It is not one or two or even twenty cops with misconduct problems. It is an epidemic of LEOs believing that their authority supersedes common decency and civil rights. To deny it is to suffer by it.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It's just weird with all the friends I know...I've never heard a single person suffering it. Again...media twist...flat out lies...misunderstood happenings

They all occur

Like I said, I do believe some of those stories are true and I am sorry to see it but some stories doesn't make them all bad. Perhaps the good cops aren't as aware when these things are happening. IMO there is alot more to this, but I never said I excused the real stories.

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Ok you have said the YOU have had a bad experience but that none of your friends have. How many friends have you asked out of how many you currently have?

I agree that the media distorts and manipulates its stories but I feel that they do it in FAVOR of the police not against them... not unless the story itself is just too big to ignore.

Take the case of sheriff Arnold Ziwiki. My sister had a friend who rejected his advances. Eventually that friend got arrested for drug possession when she never did drugs a day in her life. When the friends mother went down to the station to lodge a formal complaint the mother was then arrested for obstruction of justice. This story never made it into our local news papers. Ziwiki is still sheriff today to the best of my knowledge.

The media does not like to point fingers at the cops. When it does the cops get mad and start restricting their access to stories. And as you can imagine that is bad for their business. They want their news team with in 50 feet of news events not with in 200 feet where they can't catch a glimpse of the gory details for the Fox news at nine.

For every story you hear about their are many more stories you do not hear about.

Defend cops all you want. If you think tazzing innocent people is not common place then you should re-visit some of those links I provided.

Maybe go for a walk at 4am around your local police station and see what happens. If you believe you have the constitutional right to take a walk whenever you like then go ahead. Give it a try. Even better idea. If you think you have the constitutional right to privacy then the next time your in a traffic stop and they ask to search your car say "no" and see how well that works out for you.

I say these things because we have reached a day and age where reasonable suspicion out weighs probable cause. Where refusing consent to be searched provides cause to be searched. Where saying no is a tazable offense.

Whats worse is that age is no factor to these terrorist cops. Whether your 5 or 85 once a cop decides to taze you THEY DO and if you die well then thats to bad you should not of put yourself in that situation... that is a cops mentality. That is the mentality you defend.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by titorite]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
PARIS
I have read every word of this entire thread. I am very curious about something. If you witnessed a fellow cop engaged in a disgusting display of physical abuse toward an individual who, as in one of the examples above, got creamed to the point of being criminal.
Would you attempt to intervene ? Would you pull the fellow aside after the fact and straighten him out. This has nothing to do with internal affairs or ratting someone out. Simply telling the guy his behavior is unacceptable and wtf was he thinking .
I am not baiting you, I really would like to know. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Dazbog, I think you have asked the right question in the right way. I too would like his answer if he is still with us.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dazbog

Hey Paris,
I'm a cop, and yes I would intervene in his dispicable display of behaviour by a fellow officer. I'd pull that officer aside and have a nice little face to face. Not only does he wreck himself, but the whole department. I've been there, done that, when it comes to use of force. I've been hailed and criticized by peers and public alike. There is no excuse for "excessive use of force."

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sorry,
The above reply is for dazbog.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I used to be a cop advocate. Now I avoid them at all costs. They cost me big time when they arrested me for defending my business from a guy that said he had a gun and was going to kill me. (I did no harm to him but I did point a loaded handgun at him, and told him that if he pulled a gun out it would be the last thing he did on this planet.) I was found not guilty in court, but I had to pay out the ass for a lawyer.

Cops to me are this clan of giggling demons that demand obedience or they tazer and beat the heck out of you. As a law abiding citizen, I despise the police. They are an unconstitutional praetorian guard. The county Sheriff is the only legit law enforcement, and actually has the power to throw the feds out of his county.

Not to say I like the Sheriffs here, they are a bunch of scumballs that take shots of whiskey and set up DWI roadblocks while they are all wasted.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by parisinflames
Like I said, the media is a filthy nasty festering sore of lies, and you seem to believe everything. Do you believe everything you read...perhaps those absurd magazines at the end of the checkout lanes where the women are having alien babies, and elvis was spotted at a taco bell.

Unless you were there, you don't know how it went down.

"victims" are great at creating sob stories to win the jury's hearts.

I have arrested COMBATANT and DOPED and DRUNK drivers who were in possession of a substance with intent to distribute. , who resisted arrest as well as well as attempting to assault me in the process.

But the scoundrels that attorneys are will sit next to them in court and defend their innocence because they are angelic, and did no wrong...until our best weapon comes out..the dash mounted camera, then the jury sees how it actually went.

I guess the point Im trying tomake to you titorite is you keep believing everything the media throws at you. I dont care about it unless you watched it happen.

and your right...sorry for the personal attacks

There are several things you have written here that upset me. how do you judge when someone is resisting ? Is it before or after the perp gets a torn rotator cuff? Or gets their teeth "curbed"?
Also that word you used,"intent",when did police become mind readers? How do you know what someone has in mind? Excessive amount of cash on a speeder,MUST be drug money right? He was going to do SOMETHING illegal with all that cash right? Charge him with "intent" to do something, and confiscate the cash,that is SOP is it not?

Things changed drastically when police changed their uniform from trustworthy blue to storm trooper black!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Maybe go for a walk at 4am around your local police station and see what happens. If you believe you have the constitutional right to take a walk whenever you like then go ahead. Give it a try. Even better idea. If you think you have the constitutional right to privacy then the next time your in a traffic stop and they ask to search your car say "no" and see how well that works out for you.

I have absoutely no problem doing this. There are but a few issues

1. I gotta be up at 5 :-p

seriously though...

2. I have walked and loitered around both the stations in this area at god knows what hours and cops have seen me? So what of it? Nothing happened

3. The other issue I have is that I don't get pulled over and when I did the last two times (speeding and accidentally ran a red light) I didn't get a ticket on one because I was being and acting appropriately and on the other he gave me the ticket, I apologized since I truly was speeding and he was very cordial.

Truly if you are waiting for me to tell you of some bad story I had with cops you are gonna be waiting for a long long time. I've done some things I shouldn't have...want a list?

Illegal fireworks
speeding (goddess knows how many time)
I-Bond (where I had a ticket...then got a second ticket)
Got in an accident then had to tell the trooper I had no insurance card or registration on me

In every one of these cases I freely admit I messed up. In one of these cases I acted a bit out of sorts. Needless to say the cop was unhappy with me but in none of these cases did the raise their voice, get angry or physically harm me at all. This includes the speeding ticket in North Dakota where I had bought a new truck then messed it up and basically it was not registered (hence the trooper thought stolen)

He put me in the back of the car, cuffed (just in case), and sat me and chatted with me while he found the reality of the situation. Once that was done, he apologized and explained to me that it was necessary. I said no biggie and moved on. I don't know what else I need to do to get a cop to taze me as some seem to think happens all the time everywhere but to this day I have yet to hear a single friend, family member or my wife say anything other than the cop was cordial and just doing his job.

And any time ya like I will happily walk at 4 AM by my police station. (just so long as I don't have to work the next day :-p )

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Maybe you have daughters. Maria Caiafa Does not

Maybe you do not.

But I have more examples

And in that thread my man shortywarn makes the good point that these cases are happening more and more. It is a subjugation of the people by the police.
When they make mistakes they get treated to a lighter form of justice than civilians do and that is they even receive justice at all.

So what do we do LEOs? How can we stand up to you with out you killing us? How do we make you aware of what yall are doing to those you swore to protect? I ask because your killing us. Literally. And its gotta stop.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join