It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Inquiry Into Hiring at High-Tech Companies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   

U.S. Inquiry Into Hiring at High-Tech Companies

www.nytimes.com

SAN FRANCISCO — The Justice Department has begun an investigation into whether the recruiting practices of some of the largest technology companies violated antitrust laws, according to two people with knowledge of the investigation.

The exact focus of the inquiry is unclear, but the people familiar with it said Justice Department lawyers appeared to be looking into whether the companies involved agreed to not actively recruit employees from each other.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I just don't like the sounds of this or the timing.

The Obama administration wants to control the economy. This is exactly where Obama wants to be. Liberals see government as almighty and they want the government to do everything and control everything.

Obama just announced his Internet Czar and I wouldn't be surprised if the government doesn't try to control computer and internet companies.

Obama has more Czars than the Romanovs.

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yeah, damn that Obama for upholding anti-trust laws.

Republican nightmare.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by platosallegory

Some companies have even sued rivals who hired employees. The investigation confounded some antitrust experts. But they said that it would be improper for companies to agree not to go after each other’s top talent.

This investigation doesn't make sense. I work at a high tech company and in our hiring contract, we have to agree that if we quit the company we will not work for a competitor for at least 2 years. This seems like a legal and common practice in the high tech industry. It only makes sense that if these companies all have this type of a policy, that you would not only be wasting your time recruiting from your competition but you would also be setting yourself up for a lawsuit.

It seems to me that the author of the article really doesn't know what the investigation is about and is just taking a stab in the dark.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I agree. It's more likely the investigation is to do with the H1-B visas that these tech firms gobble up and their claims that they can't find skilled Americans to hire.

new topics

top topics

join