It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgian officials in US warn of Russian buildup 6/03/09

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Georgian officials in US warn of Russian buildup 6/03/09

hosted.ap.org

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Georgia's defense minister is warning about Russia's military buildup as he meets with Obama administration officials in Washington this week.
The Georgian officials said that Russia has been building military bases, storage facilities for supplies and roads in South Ossetia and Abkhazia, Georgian breakaway territories that Moscow has recognized as independent. Georgia also says that the Kremlin maintains 6,000 Russian troops in each of the two regions in violation...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Looks like more trouble brewing in Georgia. Our little NATO drill may have given Russia the intelligence they needed in order to war against even NATO forces, not just the Georgian military.

With North Korea, Pakistan, Iran, and Russia making aggresive moves, it looks to be that all of the pieces are being carfully put into place for WW3.

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Dunno,
Georgia seemed to just strike without warning or provocation, and it sparked a minor skirmish in which the russians were caught off guard.
But, they came in and thumped georgia, and the South Ossetans loved Russia for it.
If I were Russia, I too would be building an inventory of men and materials on my border to ensure a stupid idiot like Georgia's president does something like that again.
Call me a commie, but Russia did the right thing here, and it was Georgia who deserved the spanking!

new topics

join